Mrazek MOC V Brake System

[Oct 19, 2001]
Larry

OVERALL
Strength:

Light weight, strong, super easy disconnect, pivotless

hard to contact Mrazek

It is a very simple, clean design that is very light weight. I've had no problems with it in 6 months of XC riding. Stays in adjustment due to pivotless design. Recommended.

Avid Arch Supremes, Magura HS-33s

[Jul 13, 1999]
cooltop
Cross-Country Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Light and simple design
Cool Satin grey color
Neat and easy quick release mechanism

Requires extra spacers to provide more clearance between brake arm and thick tire treads.

I got mine in the mail last week and set them up for my weekend ride. They didn't come with any instructions and I'm not sure why not because the are a typical as far as V-brakes go. Anyway, I took the lack of instruction as a challenge and set about putting them together after a coming home from a friday night of Sake and beer drinking.It was like a chineese puzzle. You tech heads out there would enjoy discovering its simplicity while putting them together. It took about 15 minutes to figure out what went where before I could put them on my bike.When I got them on the bike, I noticed that there was minimal clearance between the brake arm and the tire treads by the time the brake pad was effectively mashed against my rims. At first I was really worried but a few spacers around the brakepad studs solved the problem. Mrazek sends plenty of them with the brakset.On my first two rides I had no problems. Both included steep technical sections that required the frequent application of the front brake for positioning and strategic approach. I have no complaints. They stopped me just fine. The brake arms don't flex because of their boxy design. I don't run my brakes with vice-grip endo power but it seemed as if I could have set them up that way if I wanted.I found that the quick release mechanism to be much cleaner and easier to use than the typical noodle style release. The look is clean yet techie. I would suggest these brakes to anyone who wants to stay with direct-pull brakes but wants to venture away from Shimano country. The price wasn't bad for Eastern European exotica. I was only planning to run these on my bike for a little while just for a taste of something different but now it looks like I'll be keeping them on there for a lot longer than I originally thought.

XT V brakes
Hershey Long ELC brakes

[May 05, 1999]
MIKE

OVERALL
Strength:

incredibly light 75grams yet very stiff and flex free

havent tried them with a real wide tire yet

These brakes rock the absolute best V's you can find super light super strong and way easy to adjust if you can find them get some!!!!!

xt v's dia comp

[Jan 19, 2003]
Flyingsuperpetis

OVERALL
Strength:

Super light, super stiff, super strong, super company, just super. And inexpensive too!

Hmmmmm, nope. None.

I'm impressed with these brakes, and amazed by this company. Mrazek (www.Mrazek.com) rocks. After switching to disc-laiden bikes for a couple years, I got an itchin to go back to a superlight setup, so I got an original Mantis, and built it up with the above, then remembered these, did some diggin, and lo! They were so light, I got all giddy. Problem is, I had lost some small parts in the years gone by. Mrazek graciously offered replacements! I obliged. That is some dedication to one's product. I'm so excited to get these back on. I've been running a set of the original Marinovative cheap tricks on one of my Trimbles since 95, and they're still as slick as the day they showed up (packaged in a water bottle!). Smarter is better. Go Mrazek!

Everything under the sun. From WTB rollercams, to Xtr Cantis, Pauls Cross-tops, Magura Hydraulics, New XTR Discs, Hopes, formulas, Graftons, holy moly, the list goes on and on.

[Nov 22, 1999]
J. Salmon

OVERALL
Strength:

Flex-free power
Lightest around
Easy setup/adjust
Simple release

Simple, light, low-profile system provides the strongest braking I've seen yet with excellent modulation. This is the first brake I've used with ceramics, so that is an unknown variable. No pivots to get sloppy. The cable path and the cable quick release should be the industry standards. Compared to the competition, this brake is also a bargain. If you plan to go any higher than Shimano's STX or Avids SD 2.5, go with these.

Avids, Shimano