Dia-Compe 727 V-BRAKES Brake System

DIA_COMPE 727 V-BRAKES

[Nov 19, 2000]
Greg

OVERALL
Strength:

None at all

Spring is terrible. The arms are cheap aand heavy. The hardware is cheap and heavy.

What junk. Set up is IMPOSSIBLE! The spring is so weak it's incredible. Use AVIDs and be happy. Trust me it's not the levers. I got so fed up with these things rubbing my rims and losing up I had to get rid of them.

Avid 1.0's

[May 02, 1999]
BH

OVERALL
Strength:

They stop you
(some times)

every thing

The Fuc*ing brakes scrape the outter knobs of the tires even when set up right by the REI dealer(they su*k too). They stop me some times when you pull with all of you might.

Hayes disc
LX
AVID 1.9
Hope disc
H-33

[Sep 19, 2000]
Kevin

OVERALL
Strength:

When working, It brakes fairly well
Cheap

No matter how much adjustment done to it. The spring wpould not hold hold harm aand it keep rubbing my rim

This brake came with my Giant Iguana.The back brake was the broken first. The springs just would not hold the pad and it keep on rubbing my rim no matter how much adjustment. I just paid new Deore v-brake and my system is working properly. Would not recommend this brakes to anyone

[Jun 10, 1999]
Greg Wang

OVERALL
Strength:

The won't break

They won't brake.

I just spent the last hour trying to get these pieces of poop working on a friend's bike. Could be the levers, too, but anyhow the back brakes barely even work at all. Even though I'm a neophyte mechanic I can tell you there are better brakes that probably don't cost much more.

LX V-brakes, Dia-Compe 747

© Copyright 2018 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.