C Star V Brakes Brake System

C Star V Brakes

[Jul 01, 2010]
SJSharks2010

OVERALL
Strength:

Stop the bike. Sort of. Ridiculously inexpensive.

Absolutely Everything.

They suck. Believe it or not they snapped! I've never even heard of that happening before.

[Sep 10, 2001]
Stim

OVERALL
Strength:

Went with other crappy components on bike, wont wear rims, cheap

Squeaky, mushy, slow to stop, hard to adjust, no good if dirty/wet

This (cheap) breaks will prevent you from going so fast that your tires rip off the rims in dry, warm weather. IF you want to do anythign else, buy some Single Digit 3 Avids. They are cheap and they work.

Arch Rival 2.5

[Aug 23, 1999]
Shanthakumar Abraham
Cross-Country Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Stop ok!

The place where the cable enters the brake is badly designed making it hard to remove the wheel if the brakes are adjusted properly.

I wouldnt buy these, they suck... only had em cos they were on the bike when I bought it.

Shimano 99 LX V's

[Nov 26, 2002]
Aaron McGraw

OVERALL
Strength:

Well, they'll stop you, but without grace....

Butt-Ugly- unsightly cheap looking calipers...the levers work quite well

Well, I am still in love with the Avid - Pederson Se set up on my hardtail, so anything else is - to me - is inferior. they do work, regardless of what some of these snobs that have deep pockets and can afford the latest Shimolo Doo-hicky or Avid Arch supreme with cheese will tell you. there is nothing wrong with inexpensive bike parts as long as there is some degree of functionality...and they are reasonably safe.

Scott-pederson, Avid, Shimano Alivio

[Apr 17, 1999]
Bubba

OVERALL
Strength:

Cheap , work great

None found yet

Was getting a new fork, and none had hangers for cantis. LBS convinced me to try these, only $10 per wheel. They stop great, quiet, easy to adjust.
I use them with Tektro levers ($16 bucks each). I am a total retro-grouch, and thought I would never give up cantis. Glad I did, Better than any Shimano product I've tried.

Shimano Alivio Cantis with Kool Stop Pads

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.