Shimano XT Pads Brake Pad

Shimano XT Pads

[Dec 11, 2001]
Kevin Niesen

OVERALL
Strength:

None None None

Every thing! Squeals like a pig going in heat, also sounds like palm sander on your rims, $30 what the hell for ?

Never used anything else (my fault) I thought I was doing something wrong on my set up until I was enlighten by others that wrote about this piece of S$%t. Next will be Kool Stops. I think the Manufacture should reimburse us for new rims, so write me a check for 500 big ones.

Next !

[Feb 14, 2003]
Wade

OVERALL
Strength:

keeps the pad holder from contacting the rim.

affinity for rim metal. rapid wear.

These pads came on my first V-brake bike. I thought they were fine until I wore them out in ONE DAY of wet riding. I was lucky and didn't go all the way down. A bike mechanic on the ride rode his into the rim!

When I changed to WTB's I found that: little pieces of metal quit showing up in the pad, brakes don't HAVE to squeal, and that pads don't have to wear out every time it rains.

I've put 10x the wet riding on WTB/KoolStops than the OEM jobs, and they're still fine.

Seems like Shimano could do a better job. EVERY OTHER pad I've tried has been better than the Shimano product.

The good knews is-for Shimano pad users- I now carry a spare set in the Camelbak.

WTB, KoolStop, no-name

[Oct 05, 2002]
L Friesen

OVERALL
Strength:

none at all

worst sound i have ever heard coming off a set of pads. Squeal with even just a light moistening, let along mud. Shimano you should be ashamed to sell these with good XT brakes

When you buy XT's dont even bother using these at all- immediatly change to kool stops- they are amazing.
Im just angry that I have to patronise these pads with one chili

Kool Stop Eagle 2's

[Jan 27, 2002]
Ddust13

OVERALL
Strength:

None! They suck!!!!!!!!

These have destroyed my rear rims with only mild usage without riding through mud of dirt. They are dirt magnets, they hold onto dirt and let it grind your rims to nothing. They suck!

Did I say they suck? That's why I'm getting some Kool-Stops today

[Jan 14, 2002]
Alan Koslowski

OVERALL
Strength:

Decent Power in dry conditions

Wear quickly
Mediocre at best in wet conditions

Note: Price paid is for 1-pair

Just thought I'd throw in another mediocre to bad review for this product. Guy at the shop said these are good. They work fairly well in dry conditions, but performance decreases greatly in wet weather and pads deteriorate quickly. The MSRP is high, performance is at best average. NOT a good value.

Avid stock brakes (came w/V brakes), Aztec

[May 07, 2003]
KIMO

OVERALL
Strength:

The Shimano name is suppose to represent quality in bike parts.. Boy, was I wrong!!!!!!

I can't get by brakes to stop squealing. Two weeks of adjusting toe, sanding the rims and pads produced no improvement. The brakes on my kid's Huffy run quieter. Super abrasive....bye-bye rims!!!!

Just got the KoolStop pads so I'm trying them out. So far, so good. I will never put Shimano pads on my bike again, even if it's free. Pads feel like they're a combination of rubber and valve-grinding compound. Giving these pads a rating of "1" only because there isn't a "0" rating.

Shimano replacement pads, KoolStop

[Mar 06, 1996]
Francis

OVERALL

These pads are truly excellent. They are quiet, stop well on dry and wet conditions. They are big and hard to adjust but that goes with the territory. The pads are refillable at $13 for a set of 4. That's a great deal and saves a lot of effort readjusting the brakes

[May 25, 2000]
Kokopelli

OVERALL
Strength:

They stop the bike.

They wear out quick, they squeal like a pig.

I got new brakes and these pads came with em. They were done after less than one month of riding. Granted the riding was in mostly muddy conditions but after riding Kool-stops I expected more from pads, I'm switching back.

Kool-stops

[Apr 17, 2001]
Manny E.

OVERALL
Strength:

Hmmm...
.......
.......Ok -they will STOP your bike.(But you'll be deaf as sh*t!)

...Did I mention something about 'deafness',above?????
Man,I thought I was watching "Deliverance" on t.v.!
...."Squeeeeal like a pig,boy!!"

The whole Shimano setup "XT",is good,in my opinion. I like brake levers,and shifters. But these XT pads... dudes...they suck!! (not necessarily the brake unit themselves.)
XT pads are always good out of the shop,but they get bad very,very quickly! I've had to have my front brake adjusted at least 10 times. I just bought bike in November!!
At the suggestion of a bud,I'm switching to 'KoolStop EagleClaws'.

[Mar 31, 2001]
ian

OVERALL
Strength:

stop the bike

wore them down to metal in a single one hour ride....kinda wet and muddy but that's unacceptable.

nah this is crap sorry

brake pads

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.