Jagwire Disc Brake Pad

Best Price At

The Jagwire Compatible Disc Brake Pad is constructed of a semi-metallic compound. HeatShield pads prevent brake fade

[Oct 07, 2010]
Pollution Warrior

OVERALL
Strength:

Cheaper than Avid pads (where I am anyway)
Probably less squeal than Avid pads

None that I can see.

Other people reviewing the Jagwire pads don't seem to like them but they work fine for me. They may squeal less than the Avids and they stop at least as well, maybe better. They seem to be lasting long enough too.

Avid pads

[Sep 20, 2010]
JTrue

OVERALL
Strength:

This review is for the Jagwire Extreme Pads. Great stopping power, last about the same as stock avid pads. Feel like they actually squeal less then the stock pads.

Rode these pads during 12 Hours of Sundance, 112 miles 14 k vert gain/drop. Was a little worried I didn't have enough pad life left to finish out the race, but they worked well throughout the race and got me on the podium.

Stock Avid Pads, Serfas pads for Avid Juicy 7's(absolute worst pad I have ever used)

[Nov 17, 2009]
Anonymous

OVERALL
Strength:

Decent stopping power

Incredibly fast wear- these pads are completely toast in less than a month (~200 miles). I typically get 4-6 months out of the stock Avid

worthless... I didn't buy disk brakes to be replacing pads every month (guy's gotta eat- can't afford to spend rent money on crappy parts). Stick to the stock pads.

Avid Juicy 7's OEM pads

[Aug 05, 2009]
Rapidtrax

OVERALL
Strength:

Cheaper than AVID Pads

Wore out in less than a month

Save your money and purchase stock pads. These pads wore out in less than a month of basic cross country riding (about 10 rides). Also these pad exhibited a lot of fade. And I don't ride the brakes.

Avid pads

[Feb 18, 2009]
HHMTB

OVERALL
Strength:

Decent stopping power... until they fade out.

Squeals when heat fade occurs. Backing plate has a painted coating that melts to piston making removal difficult.

Does not squeal as bad as XTR metallics. But hardly anything does. Fades faster than Kool Stop.

The real irritating factor is the painted backing plate. I went to change out pads last night after getting sick of how fast they fade and I could not pull them out without removing the wheel from the dropout and prying the pads with a screwdriver. On inspection, the paint had partially melted to the piston and glued the pad in place! I can imagine some people could damage the caliper/pistons trying to remove these. Don't you guys test this stuff before unleashing it on the buying public?!

Bottom Line: Buy KOOL-STOP. I never should have strayed.

Kool Stop regular, XTR metallic and organic.

[Jan 18, 2007]
Saber Haghvirdy

OVERALL
Strength:

Good friction material - performance isnt affected by wheather or trail conditions at all .last very very long

Take time to burnish

Thair great . And youl find that if you ride a mud fest race . I rode them on a super heavy mud fest race . 10 rounds each 3.5 KM . at from the 3rd round nothing worked deraileures blocked with mud ' forks lock out for seales being mud pached' Those who had V brakesmetalic or Disc pads wore their pads completely on last rounds . I had my cables mud proof with tape . and had no problem with braking .But at last a .5 mm layer was off my pads at the end . It was really muddy.

Hayes - Avid

[May 09, 2005]
Don

OVERALL
Strength:

The only strength's of these pads was the price at the bike shop that I bought them at.

Stopping power sux..When you really get into a steep downhill they hum louder than my ex-girlfriend. At the top of a hill you get a rippeling effect with them...Sounds like a "Jake Brake"

I would recommend these pads to someone that is on a budget, that dont want to spend money on there ride....Cant wait till these wear out so that I can replace them....

Hayes stock pads.....stay with what work's...

[Apr 15, 2005]
Mark

Strength:

Weak stopping from the minute I put them on. Wear out fast.

See weaknesses

Avid

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.