Delta Aztec Replacement V-Brake Cartridges Brake Pad

The Delta Aztec 2 standard linear pull brake shoes are good shoes at a great value. ForThreaded post mount

[Apr 08, 2004]
Derik

OVERALL
Strength:

awesome Braking Power

Rim Eaters

Great breaking Power when dry and even under wet conditions. But the pads are Rim-eaters! My new Rims are nearly gone after oneYear. My old rims last more than 6 Years with KoolStop Pads! (I always drive the same way to work.)
I will swich back to KoolStop.

XTs, KoolStop

[May 06, 2002]
John G

OVERALL
Strength:

Very sticky but modulate well. Don't have a groove in them to hold stuff to gouge your rims. Quiet. Great in dry or wet. Great price.

Don't last forever, but what pads do? Hard to find locally--when a store does have them in stock I buy a season's worth.

I used Aztec cantilever pads back in the day and loved them. Now I use "Aztec Shimano style V-brake replacement
pads" (like it says on the package) in my XTR V-brakes and love them as well. If there are other pads out there that I haven't tried that are as quiet and have the same or more stopping power as these I'd like to know. I ride about 700 singletrack miles a year, love to climb, don't bomb recklessly downhill (so, yeah, I do ride my brakes more than the next guy} and two sets of pads last me a year. Try them.

XTR pads-- stop reasonably well but make that annoying
"sssshhhhhhh" that drives me crazy. What's up with that?
Ritchey--stop better than XTR but have that groove that traps crud and more expensive than Aztec.

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.