Delta Aztec 2 Brake Pad

DeltaCycle Aztec2

[Jun 14, 2009]
dubthang

OVERALL
Strength:

Solid stopping power. Angled tip to help clean off rim.

As with all Kool Stop products, you can't go wrong. I feel they make the best pads around. These used to be available in a smooth post version too. I don't know if they still are, but those are perfect for old canti brakes. Set up is a snap with these, just get them lined up with the rim, give them about a card stock's width of toe, and enjoy great squeal free stopping power.

Shimano pads, Avid pads

[Aug 03, 2006]
Marquis

OVERALL
Strength:

Stops perfectly, great modulation, quiet, clean, long wearing

None apparent

These pads are excellent. Every bit as good as any Kool Stop. I've used them for a year and continue to be impressed by them. I bought two sets of 4 (for $12!) because I thought I'd burn through them like I have with stock Avids and Shimanos in the past. The first set is hardly worn after a year of hard riding in all conditions. Very nice product.

Stock Avid, Shimano, many Kool Stop varieties

[Jun 19, 2006]
Richie Rich

OVERALL
Strength:

Great stopping power, wet or dry. Virtually silent. Awesome all 'round pad.

None yet

Use caution on first ride with these pads. They brake so firmly they lift the rear tire with normal lever pressure! Just got back from a very wet. muddy excursion and they performed perfectly. For 10 bucks, they saved me the upgrade to disk that I had planned for my next paycheck. A bargain for the price. Get these pads!!!

Stock crap pads.

[Jul 24, 2001]
Tony

OVERALL
Strength:

Much better than stock Avid Rim Wrangler 1

Hard to find in local shops, possibly due to the fact that Aztec Version 1 sucked.

I'm very impressed with these pads. I haven't cleaned my rear rim in months and I'm still able to skid the rear at will. 'nuff said.

Kool Stop, Ritchey, Avid, Shimano

[Nov 20, 2000]
Mike

OVERALL
Strength:

Inexpensive, long lasting, quiet, stop well.

None.

These pads work. I wore out a set and they performed fine. Then I bought XT shoes with the replaceable pads. The XT pads make a scraping noise and pick up grit and chew up your rims. I then put in Aztec V-brake pads in the Shimano holders. These must be a different compound than the Aztec2 pads (they say Fibrax compound). These squealed so bad that I had to take them off, even with toe-in.

LX stock pads, XT pads w/holders, Aztec replacement pads for XT holders.

[Nov 05, 2000]
Tony

OVERALL
Strength:

Quiet, Durable, Strong

Build up crap in the grooves

So far, these are the best pads I've used. I don't understand why more places don't carry them. Do not confuse these with the old, crappy Delta/Aztec pads of old. The Aztec2's are great.

Ritchey, Avid, Shimano

[Mar 29, 2003]
Steven

OVERALL
Strength:

Good Fast, stopping power in all weather conditions. Stops on a dime and will not gunk up rims with residue.

Zero.

Stock pads wore out on the bike real quick (Promax). What a huge difference these Delta AZTEC 2 pads make. The stopping power is unbelievable even on my sub-par Promax brakes. Pause your computer and get these pads now!

[Oct 12, 1999]
Bob

OVERALL
Strength:

Very Good modulation and stopping power, price, wet weather performance.

None yet

I've red all the complaints about noise with the regular Aztec pads, these Aztec2 pads are very quiet. Let's hope they last at least a season.

Original brake pads

[Nov 06, 2002]
Joshi

OVERALL
Strength:

They stop the bike.

I had to get them replaced three times in a week because the pad wouldn't hold on to the spindle thingee.

Buy these pads if you can afford to get it right the fourth time around.

original metal-encrusted pads.

[Nov 01, 2003]
Andrew

OVERALL
Strength:

quiet, no black junk left on rims, work well in wet.

doesn't really stop the bike any faster than the stock Avid pads.

Good pads,(quiet and clean) but not noticeably superior in braking power to what I had. I think the cool stops I have on another bike require less force to stop the bike from high speeds.

Coolstop, Avid

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.