Shimano Deore XT BL-M775 Hydraulic Disc Brake Lever

• Easy to tune ergonomics

[Jan 01, 2011]
wishywashy7

OVERALL
Strength:

Very light action (almost too light); tool free reach adjustability

agree with others here that free stroke adjustment doesn't work...wish adjustment/cap screws were all Allen head or Torx instead of cheap cross/Philips

I upgraded my Avid BB7 with SD7 levers and replaced them with Deore XT complete brake set-up and I would say it definitely equals the BB7 in terms of power. It is actually much more responsive than a BB7 with Gore cables. It is TRUE ONE FINGER BRAKING. Very, very comfortable lever shape, very firm, solid feel at the lever, not a whisker of sponginess.

Avid SD7 (not really similar)

[Mar 17, 2010]
mtbprophet17

OVERALL
Strength:

Lotta Stopping Power, but without being Bitey. Look Great, and They are reliable like nothing else I know. Self adjustment is better than any that I have ever used.

None thus far in use. I haven't ridden them yet in cold weather, that seems to be the only thing that people have problems with

Great brakes, Little pricey but that can be solved by looking around for a good price. They ride great and don't overheat. Quality Brakes from a reputable company.

Hayes So1e, Magura Clara, Avid Juicy 7

[Apr 22, 2009]
Gunthor

OVERALL
Strength:

Super braking power! Super Look!

None for now

Brakes looks very cool! Super stoping power! It stops NOW! Haha. Little expensive though, but its worth every penny! Great for an agressive rider who wants to push his limits!

Some lame 100$ hydraulic brakes

[Dec 15, 2008]
doriann
Downhiller

OVERALL
Strength:

great feel...great stoping power... easy to fit....the looks of it/design

none so far....maybe the price

theese are a great set of brakes.... great looking.....impresive braking power...a bit spicy on the price but worth every penny...
easy to fit by the manual.... the brakes need about 10-15 minutes of riding and braking until they start to kick in hard

avid juicy 7

[Aug 23, 2008]
theguide

OVERALL
Strength:

Strong, adjustable, reliable, no fade, great modulation, enviromentaly friendly, looks great.

expensive. came with bike but if I ever rip one off on a tree I'll need a loan for new ones.

I'm a bike tech and I live and ride in the mountains. I've serviced and ridden almost everything. These are the best mixture of raw power, modulation, looks and reliabilty I have ever ridden. I love my bike and I love the new xt group cause it works, period. If you grab a handfull of brake you better be ready because you are stopping NOW. only 4 chili's cause they are expensive, but they are worth it for any bike genre.

juicy 3's, 5's, 7's, ultimates, code and code 5. Hayes everything thers to many to list and all the old shimano stuff...etc