Koski Engineering Power Curve Brake Levers Brake Lever

• Ergonomic "2 1/2 finger" design
  • Light weight
  • Black body with silver blade
  • Adjustable reach
  • Weight: 76g

• USER REVIEWS

[Mar 04, 2012]
    David C
    All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
    Strength:

Good ergonomic, good power and still working good after 12 years without cleaning yet.

Blades have vertical play, and you can't take the whole thing apart since it's riveted.

Good levers, comfy and decent power, but the slack blades can really be annoying for some. Since I like to take my full bike apart, the blade pivot being a rivet suxx, but doesn't make the levers any bad. Just one less chili for the slack blades.

Tons of generic cheap plastic/metal levers, Tektro MT 3.0 and Avid SD 7.

[Feb 25, 2002]
    Steve

OVERALL
    Strength:

Cheap, light, powerful

does look a little flimsy

These are pretty good levers. They came stock and I'm not planning to change them. Love the ininately adjustable thing. Helps overcome the fact that the brakes are so damn powerful. Pins were coming out at first but once i tightened the hidden screws in the blades I've had no issues. Overall a good product. 4 turds overall coz they do look a little flimsy. First major wipeout will tell

bunch

[Jan 16, 2002]
    Nicolas Allen

OVERALL
    Strength:

Light, nice looking

levers are loose

I agree that the brakes are a little flimsy, the lever bounces around, however the pins are not coming out of mine, besides what do you expect for 15 bucks with shipping!!!!!! I like them, light, good looking, and hey if they do the job, who cares.

other levers

[Sep 19, 2002]
    Fake Name

OVERALL
    Strength:

INexpensive, functional, light

Lose, unrefined, ugly

Im going on record as a brake lever snob here...I refuse to ever get hydraulic brakes because the levers generally suck. I have some Avid SD 7's with some Avid mech discs and its the best stopping ive ever had. Anything Avid Makes, from the SD 7 on up, is the pinnacle of lever design. Tight, smooth, easily adjustable function, slightly textured levers, unmatched durability (unless youre an inept rider, then everything is easy to break) Anyway, these things arent really bad, especailly considering the price. They are just really rough arounf the edges. The adjustment feels awful, and has a range that is only a fraction of the avids, the levers are lose and have a fair amount of up/down play, which I really hate, but doesnt really affect my riding, the metal used is really light, but is very slippery. Short fingered gloves are a definate liability. The metal also feels kinda flimsy. I might be concerned if I endoed more often. A Shimano brake cable doesnt fit into the lever without a bit of sanding, though this is probably as much Shimanos fault as Koski's. Also, they look cheap, especially with the adjustment window. But, that having been said, they pull cable pretty well. The action is smooth (once you get through the millimeter or so of up-down lever play) and the hold well. The modulation controls suck at staying set, but with a careful eye on maintainance, the modulation is effective (if somewhat limited). These are a good buy for someone looking to build a custom bike with cheap components that wont kill them, or for someone who wants levers with modulation but without a 35 dollar price tag.

Avid SD 7, Shimano LX, Tetro, promax,

[Oct 20, 2003]
    El Julioso

OVERALL
    Strength:

Light, inexpensive, comfortable

Weak, limited range of adjustment

I've had these levers since August '00, and finally broke them today. A regular five-year-old could bend them. I've had to bend them back parallel to the handlebars a few dozen times, and after a rather nasty endo today, the right lever was bent down about 60 degrees. When I bent it back, it snapped.

They were pretty good levers up until now, but there's no excuse to use such crappy metal in lever blade construction. The housing is good, though, and I haven't had any problems with the pivots that some other reviewers have mentioned.

Avid, Shimano

[Jul 25, 2001]
    Eric

OVERALL
    Strength:

Cheap I suppose

P.O.S. the pins are always loose and vibrate out of the housing and levers on the trail.

These levers are cheap and they show it. They are loose and vibrate all the time, the pivot pins have begun to bak out of the housing, I have to push them in while I am riding so the lever stays on. The only reason I still have them is cause I am saving up for discs. Don't waste your money (even a little of it)...these will no doubt dissapoint you sooner or later! Even schwinn switched to avid for the 2001 bikes.

Shimano

[Dec 10, 2000]
    Brendan

OVERALL
    Strength:

Light weight, smooth braking, feels nice

Blades look alittle flimsy

Good Brake Levers

Shimano

[Nov 07, 2000]
    Mountain Man

OVERALL
    Strength:

Light, stiff, comfortable, smooth action, good looking

???

Absolutely the best levers I have ever tried. Only slightly heavier than SRAM 9.0SL plastic levers, but more comfortable and flex-free. These levers are great, and are probably pretty cheap. Buy yourself some!!!

Avid SD 2.0L, SRAM 9.0SL(POS!!), Shimano crap

[Oct 03, 2000]
    Kyle Hume

OVERALL
    Strength:

very stiff, very resposive, a 100x better then my avids.

no adjustable levrage

I bent up my old avids and my friend who ownse a small bike shop had these sitting aeound. so i decide sincs i was getting a good price know would be a good tiime to replace the broken levers. Well when i replaced them i had know idea how muth better and more instant braking would be with just knew levers, they are grate and well worht 45 can. I dont know what they are in the states but that is a good price for me consider ing they out perform my friends XT's and those cost near to 100 can. another plus is that there light.

shimano XTR

[Aug 12, 2005]
    Steve

OVERALL
    Strength:

-Lightweight
    -Fairly strong
    -Good looks
    -Comfort

-The lever wobbles a bit

These are pretty strong levers for how lightweight they are. I have taken some pretty nasty falls on them and they are just fine. I had trouble with one of them after I crashed, but it was nothing a little tinkering couldnt handle. (routine maintainance if you ask me) I have a disc in front and regular ol v's in the back and the levers work good for both. The wobble is not really a problem with me, since it gives me something to play with on the straights. All in all they are good XC levers for the price. However I wouldnt use these for DH or FR.

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.