Avid FR-1 Brake Levers Brake Lever

Best Price At

Introducing the FR-1 lever. Developed to work seamlessly with the Ball Bearing Disc Brake (as well as other cable-driven brakes), its the most affordable way to add Avid quality and compatibility to your disc or rim brake system.

[Apr 25, 2020]
jbozo89

OVERALL
Strength:

Well made, good looks, compliment the Avid mechanical disc brakes, better modulation than my AD3 levers.

Purchased:
Used
[Jul 29, 2012]
apbyte
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Very good price/value, strong, shorter than many shimano levers

none so far

They are just the right size, shorter than many shimano levers and longer than some small probably kids levers.

works smoothly and awesome price :-)

[Oct 19, 2003]
George

Strength:

Could be of better quality but then the price would go up.

A good (not great)lever for the Avid mechanical disc brakes, good looks, quality could be better,good price, better modulation than other levers, Avid makes better qualtiy brake levers but they cost more.

Most Shimano(XT,LX,XTR)and Avid levers.

[Mar 18, 2004]
Hrvoje Grgic

OVERALL
Strength:

Solid design, good modulation.

None yet.

For me, they work great. They came as stock equipment on my bike and I never had the problem of not stopping when I want to (thatÿs what really counts). Fast and responsive.

[Dec 14, 2005]
james

OVERALL

not very smooth or comfortable, lever too long

I personally don't like these levers at all. I seems like Avid levers are just put on an assemble line and not put through many tests. The lever is too long for my preference. I honestly don't like avid products.

Magura, Pauls love levers,shimano LX

[Feb 04, 2006]
Kat

OVERALL
Strength:

there are none

No responsiveness. You pull and pull and then it sticks and skids. No feel whatsoever.

I have played around with my brakes and can't get any "feel" with this brake lever. I'm riding it seems with no brakes at all and there is no way to adjust them. Not great for small hands either. Especially terrible for the rear brake....not good.

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.