Avid AD-1.0L Brake Lever

• USER REVIEWS

[Jan 24, 2002]
    spraduke

OVERALL
    Strength:

very reliable and quiet, no cliking or nething

um not the lightest

Very good budget leaver. Strong, reliable and i havent had a single problem in the two years ive had them. If you can still get them do.

[Sep 15, 2001]
    derek

OVERALL
    Strength:

Look good, veryu strong, couple of good adjustments

Kinda heavy

These things ock. They look and feekl like MX levers and they have GREAT modulation. I am riding Tiger tommororow and will put more results in

Shimano LX

[Jul 16, 2006]
    Bill

OVERALL
    Strength:

These are bomb proof levers. Fairly light and super durable.

They'll probably never break, I'll be using these levers for the rest of my life!

These levers have outlasted any other component that I have ever used! It's crazy! These levers were stock on my Gary Fisher Big Sur when that bike was still considered a good mid level ride; now the Big Sir is barely a respectable entry level bike, but I digress. These levers have never given me a problem since I acquired them! They've been on three different bikes with three different types of brakes. When I built my current ride a few months ago, I decided to upgrade to Avid Mech. Disk brakes, but opted to keep the old school levers. They're simply awesome!

I've been using these levers for so long that I can't remember any others!!!

[Mar 15, 2001]
    Andi Baumgartner

OVERALL
    Strength:

Well, i bought a Kona Caldera last year, i was checking to see what brakes felt good for my price range. I came to the Kona, and this is what made me buy it. These levers are nice, they are pretty cheap, arent too heavy, and have the closest feel to a disk brake, instead of a rim brake.

Little heavy, who cares

If you are on a budget for new levers, i highly recommend these, they are nice, and for the price you cant beat them.

none, but have tested them

[Jan 06, 2000]
    Tim Guarente
    Cross-Country Rider

OVERALL
    Strength:

Cheap, easy set-up, cool as all hell, lightweight(compared to others this price), excellent feel

not very adjustable(2 positions!), pivot slop, bit too big

These levers were a great upgrade over the LX models I had before, which were mushy throughout the time that I owned them. They are simple to adjust for play, with a barrel adjuster that is much more comfortable than the LX, XT or XTRs. They must be good, otherwise, why would companies keep OE'ing them, and getting them to be one of the good things about the bike? I don't plan on getting rid of these anytime soon, unless I can get a pair of SD-2.0L or Mags dirt cheap.5 dead horses, or whatever they are.

Shimano BL-M601(LX)
    Shimano ST-M950(XTR rapidfire)
    Shimano ST-M739(XT rapidfire)
    Avid SD-2.0L

[Jan 23, 2001]
    adam young
    Downhiller

OVERALL
    Strength:

Nice lever feel,good adustments

bent lever blade

A quality lever with a nice feel with a few good adjustments like a "play" adjustment, a lever reach adjusment, and a normal cable adjustment,I have no problems with this lever except for the time I crash in a rock section and managed to bend the lever blade and the paint on them scratches kinda easily...

avid speed dials, dia compe, shimano XT & XTR(very nice)

[Feb 24, 2001]
    guy harrington
    Downhiller

OVERALL
    Strength:

good levers ok for jumps and duel

don't go doing long descents they make your hands feel like S*IT.

ok levers if your on a budget.

avid ultimates 96.

[Jan 11, 2001]
    Erik Woeldern

OVERALL
    Strength:

Cool looks, and they work too!!!
    Best levers I have tried (except other avid), better feel than all shimano!!

None that I know of!!

Buy them or some pricier avid levers.
    Depends on the size of your wallet.....

All shimano+ avids and some others......

[Mar 26, 2003]
    John

OVERALL
    Strength:

Do everything levers are supposed to do. Durable. Zero maintenance.

Weight? Non-adjustable.

I think these are the last stock item on my FSR. they've lasted 3 years, 4000 miles, many, many crashes and they just keep going. No bells and whistles, not the lightest levers out there, but they get the job done.

Avid 2.0, 7's

[Sep 05, 2000]
    Ronen

OVERALL
    Strength:

The brakes work... If set up right(which takes quite a bit of effort) works sweet especially if you get a brake booster .

I actually originally got that spongey feeling in mine....i probably got a dud. No progressive breaking power. If that is a bad thing :)

These brakes are sweet if done up right.... Unfortunatly one of my levers bent after i had a stationary drop onto a road due to my friend pulling my bar-end while i was doing a track stand :(
    still, lasted me till now...last me a bit more :)

Mostly shimano junk

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.