Yeti Cycles ASR Alloy XC Full Suspension

No longer will you needTo sacrifice speed for versatility;The ASR 5 offersTheTight, fast handling of an XC race bike withThe plushness and versatility of an all mountain rig. AtThe heart ofThe frame is an Active Suspension (AS) design, soaking upThe rough stuff andTransferring power fromThe pedalsToThe rear wheel without a loss of energy. Up frontThe mainTriangle is constructed of hydroformed aluminum, giving it a stunning appearance while adding strength and stiffness at a very low weight. Howe

[Jan 25, 2011]
jdc8g

OVERALL
Strength:

Very Light, Sharp looking, Great climber, Great descender.

None...and I've had it for a while now.

This bike handles everything extremely well. The only complaint seems to be that the carbon rear triangle may be problematic. I wrapped mine with sections of inner tube and electric tape before I built it up, this minimizes the risk of damaging the CF. I ride this bike like an all mountain bike and so far: zero issues. Climbs exceptionally well, and descends with confidence. If a 195 LB rider (me) beating the tar out of this bike has no complaints, it must be doing something right.

Cannondale Super V, Tomac Revolver

[Aug 26, 2010]
will.i.am

OVERALL
Strength:

Fantastic all-round bike! Great climbing machine, and superb descending capability. This is THE BEST xc duallie I have EVER ridden/raced as the geometry is PERFECT for me.

Slight laziness encountered during tight switchback climbs, due to relaxed headtube angle. However, this is well justified by its ability to carve downhills. FUN.

I'm a YETI convert.

I've finally found a bike that fits!

Cannondale Jekyll (2002), Cannondale Scalpel (2003), Orbea Oiz Carbon (2007/2008/2009/2010)

[Aug 24, 2010]
coloradoRider

Durability

Don't buy the 2009 version of this frame. I broke the rear seat stay within 1 month of building the bike. I fell on a climb and inspected the bike after the fall. There were some scratches on the chain stay, but that was the only damage that I noticed. This was really not a hard fall as I was climbing. An hour later in the ride the seat stay cracked.

The crash replacement for the rear end is $475.00. I don't have any confidence that the new rear swing arm will last any longer that the first one given the other reviews and how easily the first one broke.

I did ask what the warranty will cover and here is the explanation that I was provided from my LBS. For example, if you fall and scratch the rear chain stay and then two months later break the seat stay on the same side, that would not be covered under warranty, it would be considered crash replacement. So basically, if you scratch the carbon you will void the warranty.

Given that this is a mountain bike, and my previous mountain bike frames have many scratches, I have decided to scrap the frame altogether and start shopping for a new mountain bike frame. I am very, very, disappointed in this purchase and the durability of this Yeti frame. I really believe Yeti was working with a new frame material and under engineered the rear swing arm given the number of reviews on this site that indicate that the rear swing arm was broken. They should have an aluminum replacement available, or a stronger carbon replacement so that people that do have an issue are less likely to experience the same problem with the $475 replacement. I would suggest that you consider a different brand of bicycle given all the excellent options in the market.

[Aug 09, 2010]
beaubuttonscat

OVERALL
Strength:

Light weight, great geometry,good build quality, good xc racer and weekend social riding

A great bike. I love riding my Yeti. Great for all levels of riding. Climbs extremely well, the Fox RP23 Shock works as it should. I feel a lot more confident on this bike than I did on the Santa Cruz. The Santa Cruz had quite a low bottom bracket which was annoying. I feel confident riding my Yeti anyway. If you are after a great dually consider the Yeti, you will not be disappointed. It is not cheap but it is worth it.

Santa Crux Blur XC, Trek Fuel,

[Jul 06, 2010]
bennymtb

OVERALL
Strength:

Awesome build quality, great geometry, nice finish and light.....light....light

None I've found

A great ride. I race it XC, ride it on trails and it's awesome. It climbs like a goat the Fox BV RP23 shock does a great job of platform dampening. Corners well with a low longish cockpit. Stiff frame and transfers power down great! Go get one!

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.