Ventana El Fuego XC Full Suspension

El Fuego, our no-nonsense, super light, modest travel, cross country racing frameset has been made even better. Due to our customer feedback, we have redesigned El Fuego to incorporate sealed bearings at all pivots, vertically slotted dropouts with replaceable derailleur hanger, and an increase in travel to 3.0 inches. Of course, El Fuego still retains our legendary championship construction, "Electric Sex" welds, and luscious powder coat finish.

[Mar 04, 2011]
JmZ

OVERALL
Strength:

I have never doubted the frame. Rider yes, frame no.
Versatile
Company stands behind the product

Doesn't give me more time to ride.
Not the lightest out there

First I can't believe I have not reviewed this earlier!

The frame has disappeared from the Ventana website, but can still be purchased by special order OR go with the Salty. Same basic idea with an inch more travel.

I was cycling through frames about every 18 months because I'd find something I didn't like about them. The Diamondback didn't fit quite right, the Specialized was flexy, etc.

Then noticed the Ventana was on sale. Asked LOTS of questions in the forums, and of the retailer. I ended up purchasing blind, because I (still) have not seen many Ventana frames in the midwest.

First ride after having the frame built? This is the way the bike should feel. The frame and parts ended inspiring enough confidence that I've started to exceed some of the parts. (I really shouldn't try to keep up with a 38 pound freeride bike on a 24 pound XC bike! That was a front rim. Thank goodness for disc brakes).

The bike wants to slice and carve singletrack, and has a margin of error so I'm not worried if the frame will hold me back.

The finish is still flawless after several years, the suspension pivots are tight, the frame is straight, and I still have not felt the frame flex. (Single row bearings and I'm not a lightweight either).

It is an expensive frame, no doubt to that. But it stopped me from going from buying a new $500-$800 frame every 18 months to keeping the same frame for several years. That alone speaks for itself.

I built the frame up with XC in mind. Lightweight, short travel, but not to the point of sacrificing durability. And since I'm at 200 pounds that meant I still could shave at least another pound from the bike's 24 pound weight if I really desired to.

Jamis Dakar
Rocky Mountain Element
Specialzed Ground Control
Diamondback V-Link
Mongoose Amplifier

[Apr 11, 2010]
bob54

OVERALL
Strength:

tough as nails; bike is 5 yrs old and remains stiff. handles any trail I can ride. Friendly Ventana Tech support, parts availability, strong design, light weight.

none to speak of

A top notch product that handles the trail well. Newer versions are more trail bikes and use 80 mm shocks. Mine is an older version and more like a Salty (4 inch rear travel, 100 mm shock)

[Nov 30, 2004]
Rick

OVERALL
Strength:

Super smooth ride and amazing quality. Durability has been great.

Can add up to be a pricey bike for some.

This is a great bike for someone who wants something special. It is less common, but a very respected brand. The ride is fantastic and promises to be a favorite of mine for a long, long time.

Chad at Red Barn Bicycles helped me outfit the bike for my typical terrain. His custom touch made a huge difference in the final product. It can be set up to handle anything I want to throw at it.

Jamis Dakar, Many hardtails

[Jan 23, 2008]
JackSlade

OVERALL
Strength:

Laterally stiff, carves turns, Awesome quality, light, takes a pounden' and keeps on a kickin'

Pricey (you get what you pay for), could be better on small bumps.

Great frame, quality is the tops. If you are looking for a great XC racer, this one would do the job well!

Ventana Marble Peak

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.