Sette Riddik XC Full Suspension

The Sette Riddik XC Frame w/ Manitou Swinger Air Shock has been designed to be one of the most versatile XC frames on the market. It offers an adjustable 3 to 4" of travel, sealed cartridge bearing pivots, all in a stiff, balanced, lightweight package. Unlike most XC frames, the Riddik climbs as well as it descends, leaving you free to ride the trails you want to ride.

The Riddik is truly the complete package with its 7005 series aluminum oversized and formed top and down tubes, precision CNC'd dropouts and replaceable derailleur hanger. The Sette Riddik XC Frame also features 51mm international standard disc brake mounts and full length hose guides throughtout the frame.

[Apr 30, 2011]
Heath

OVERALL
Strength:

the first thing i noticed was the handling it carves corners like nobodies buisiness, climbs very well and is tougher than nails i have mavic cross trail wheels, sram x9 drive train, race face atlas crank, sette carbon bars and seat post, hays mech disc and it ways rite at 25lbs thats with a 99 rockshok judy 100

i havent found a weakness as of yet

cant be beaten for the money

ive ridden or at least test ridden a lot of different bikes my favorates have always been giant and trek but when i was in the market i couldnt aford one

[Jun 04, 2010]
dukesnyder

OVERALL
Strength:

frame, rear shock (manitou 4way) sharp looking!!

none, seat tube is a little obtuse for some

way underrated frame, rear shock is great giving over 4" of travel ( i think closer to 5" ). Great value, and for the cost, there's nothing else on the market that compares. A bit heavy for xc, but by no standards a chunker..Highly recommended frame for anybody looking for a solid frame on a budget. can't go wrong. If your somebody thats just a label junky, and lift your nose @ Sette, your missing out on a quality bike @ an even better price. No other frame will give you the same bang for your buck. If you can find one, jump on it!!!!

marin team, marin wolfridge, rocky mountain slayer-altitude, amongst many other expensive frames

[Jul 27, 2008]
corvettel98c4

OVERALL
Strength:

Great price!! rides and climbs great And loves to be on tight trais. Looks sweet and can take a pounding.

none so far. Except sette wont return e-mails and the fact you can only get them a price point.

This is a great frame!! My buddies have bikes that are way more expensive and this one will do all of what theres will at a fraction of the cost!!!!!!!

[Sep 01, 2007]
Eric P

OVERALL
Strength:

No facing for the disc brake, no need to press in a headset, cool flat black paint, strong

Seat tube angle, flat black paint,

This is my first fully and I couldn't be happier. Like a lot of other people the price was right, the biked looked mean and I had some parts to fill it out already. I had XT v-brakes but I was going disc no matter what on the Riddik. I found a good deal at JensonUSA.com for a Shimano XT Hydraulic disc and wheel combo for $299. Couple that with the XT front and rear derailleurs I already had and I had a near full XT bike. I threw my Bomber on it with 105+/- mm of travel and it topped out at 31pounds with a 17" frame. While I don't notice that I decend any faster, I know that I'm less fatigued at the end of my rides. My climbing has gotten better, much better. Maybe it's my lines and my new rear tire but this bike puts my pathetic excuse for pedaling power down very well. My next upgrade will be the front fork.

Previously had a late 90's Stumpjumper S-Works hardtail

[Jan 20, 2007]
Cesar Valencia

OVERALL
Strength:

Finish, strenght, handling.

None yet...some people think they're heavy, but to me its perfect...Strenght = more weight

After cracking the frame on my '04 Specialized Hardrock Comp Disc I decided to use all the components to build another frame, after a few minutes of looking around I found the riddik for $369 and the Jamis Dakkar $299, decided to go with the riddik because it looked sturdier and the travel was adjustable I got it and I'm loving it!. I took it off a couple of drops 3-4' like nothing. Probably i'll upgrade the fork.

None, my other dually it's a downhill monster...

[Jan 19, 2007]
M. Rosado

OVERALL
Strength:

Light for a full suspention, strong and handle good.

none so far!!

A good all around XC bike, for the price paid, the comp. I got them from my hardtail.

trek fuel, GF cake DX, Jamis Dakar

[Jan 01, 2007]
D. Clark

OVERALL
Strength:

Price, looks, ride quality, overall product quality. Best all around potential for the budget minded builder. The Swinger 4 Way shock and FSA Zs3 headset (included) cost well over $500 purchased seperately.

Weight to travel ratio (not an issue unless your a XC or All Mountain purist)

I decided to build a XC/Trail bike for all around local area Gulf coast riding...more of a cheap dually beater than anything. I was shocked at what I ended up with. After yanking all the old parts from my hardtail, winning a few low ball bids on ebay and some better than average bike mechanic knowledge, produced one of the best riding, well rounded bikes I have ever ridden. I am impressed with the overall quality of the 7005 aluminum frame, built at the same place a very long list of popular, much more expensive name brand frames are built. The Manitou Swinger 4 way shock is a bit of a challenge to setup because of the small air volumn in the SPV chamber(pump removal pressure loss). Patience will prevail here. Cutting the rear mechanical disc brake and rear deraileur cable jackets are a time consumer as well. These need to be nearly perfect in length or they will hang up on the rear stay or worse, the seat post collar during the shock stroke. Once everything is dialed in, you have a smooth, stable platform that handles the pedaling duties of an expensive XC rig with the ability to go quite a bit more aggressive with confidence. Add a Thudbuster SL seat post and you will have a Porche that rides like a Caddy!

Specialized, Epic, XC pro, Enduro, Stumpjumper FSR, Iron Horse MK-III, Motobecane Phantom DS, Fly , Trek Fuel.

[Dec 26, 2006]
Lucas Gilbert

OVERALL
Strength:

Everything, this bike rides like a dream and looks cool too

Paint wears off quickly, if you use a mechanical disc brake the lower guide will cause the cable to hang up

This frame is light enough to be ridden cross country with a little work (upgrades) it can handle a fair amount of free riding, looks awesome and is way cheaper than anything else on the market with its design. If you want a good all around starter bike to build up, are not too concerned with weight, or names then this is the frame for you.

Norco A-line

[May 17, 2007]
Steven

OVERALL
Strength:

tough looking frame, very well built, free $400 rear 4 way swinger, and collar.

this bike is a steal, it rides awesome, its cheap (way undervalued), and it keeps up with the $2000 plus bikes.

Cannondale Rush, Chumba XCL, Specialized EPIC, and Identity hardtail.

[Mar 12, 2007]
Neil Derryberry

OVERALL
Strength:

Solid frame, detailed welds and machining. All pivots are bearings instead of bushings. Replaceable derailleur hanger, integrated headset - looks awesome and rides well.

crazy seat tube.. doesn't allow me to get setapost set quite as low as I might like it.. possible that my seatpost is crazy long.

Great frame for the money.. pricepoint adds good value with the rear shock and integrated fsa headset at that price. If you have a hardtail with good components this is a good way to get into full suspension without spending an arm and a leg on a name brand. My first ride on it was down old(really old) jeep trails in the North Georgia mountains and the ride was very forgiving, couldn't imagine it on a hardtail. I think I'm set for quite some time on this frame, might upgrade the shock and fork to Fox when I get the cash.

none.. first FS bike

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.