Sette Ace XC XC Full Suspension

The Sette Ace offers everything that a die hard XC rider could ever wish for in a cross country bike. The Ace’s light weight frame and compliant suspension design work together to create a bike that is light and efficient enough for those extra long rides. The Sette Ace was designed to provide pure cross country performance; its light weight design was built using oversized and butted 7005 series aluminum tubing. Oversized tubing and a reinforced head tube keep this bike strong yet light weight. The Sette Ace breezes through the trails with 4 inches of rear travel, while sealed cartridge bearing pivot points keep everything operating smooth and trouble free. Full hydraulic hose and cable guides and a replaceable derailleur hanger help to round things off.

[Sep 01, 2015]
Jake

OVERALL
Strength:

Extremely light and lasts forever.
Smooth and fast
No signs of weakness or cracking

Nothing at all

Such a great bike with a great price tag an superb value! So amazing compared to the competition and totally worth it. I need more! Paint could be better, but still better than the competition. Besides, its a xc bike, ITS GOING TO GET SCRATCHED! Also, looks don't matter when you're skilled. All in all, such a great bike with a great price tag!

[Mar 05, 2012]
Russ

OVERALL
Strength:

Light frame and decent parts

TIRES!!!!!!!!! paint rubs easy

I have rode this for 3yrs and have made upgrades along the way. Everything i have taken off still work great, but wanted to get lighter and stronger parts for i started to out grow the parts on it, for my riding has gotten faster and more daring. Great bike for the money and no problems with it ever. I ride this bike hard every time I am out on it hitting drops, jumps, rock gardens, and really rooted trails. climbs great and carves nicely and now i have a bike that weighs in at 26.2 pounds. It takes the abuse of the trails no prob!

only had a hard tail before this bike

[Jul 01, 2011]
Moeszy

OVERALL
Strength:

light weight, good drivetrain, hydro brakes, remote lockout front forks.

tires... there not horrible, theres just better XC tires out there.

GREAT bike, especialy for the price.

Specialized Hardrock Uno

[Feb 02, 2011]
RT74

OVERALL
Strength:

Linkage and pivot quality, sizing and price.

Lack of color selection and no optional rear shock offered.

This is a custom built/specd bike so I may be a little biased in my opinions. I built this bike with cost, quality and weight in mind. The final product is a bike that weighs in the 24 pound range. It really rides lighter than it is. Sprints well, accelerates well and the geometry really works in favor of great singletrack and rough conditions too. Alot of the trails I ride range from moist to loose and rocky. This bike seems to handle all conditions very well. I have to give the IRC fire pro tires alot of credit. It would probably be an even quicker ride if I hadn't opted for the RS Revelation but I got such a good deal on one I couldn't pass it up.

GT STS 1500 DS, Gary Fisher Big Sur and Giant XTC Team (custom build)

[Aug 30, 2010]
Smidy23

OVERALL
Strength:

Value

Stock fork,brakes, and especially the tires!

I wanted a full suspension mountain bike for quite sometime. My friend steered me towards the Sette despite I was looking at Santa Cruz. Less commitment, considering I am new to the sport. The Sette was a good bike for the first year, however I am quickly outgrowing it. Good overall bike. The factory tires need replaced immediately if you plan on riding it in the mountains. Original Tora fork was junk, Rock Shox made it right by replacing it with a Recon Race. After switching out the grips the bike has been great, the geometry isn't very friendly for bigger riders. I am 6'4 230 lbs and my front wheel is coming off the ground during climbs all the time. Overall I am glad i bought this bike and would do it again. Pricepoint needs to seriously reconsider those factory tires though, go ahead and budget out for new tires if you decide on the Sette.

Jamis, Giant

[Jul 25, 2010]
bmmoney

OVERALL
Strength:

Good combination of components for the price. I am a 5'6" female riding the small frame and it fits well. The bike rides fairly quick for a 29lb cross country bike, but could be ligher with some upgrades. Climbs well over all despite the weight.

For a XC bike, it could be lighter. The bike is also bit skidish on downhills even at mid speeds. The paint job is very cheap. The paint has rubbed off at brake cables and other locations and I have only been riding the bike for 6 months. The stock wheels(Kenda Krushers) are not good for XC or all mountain. They provide very little grip and poor cornering traction. You will want to replace them immediately if you still decide to buy this bike. Pricepoint customer service is Horrible to deal with. They do not stand behind their products whatsoever and run you around. My husband also owns the Sette Flite from Pricepoint. He's also had problems with is bike- both the seatpost as well as the Monarch 3.1 rear shock go bad and the experience in dealing with Pricepoint was a nightmare. He got the seatpost replaced after having to escalate the issue to managmenent and argue for 30 minutes with them. He still doesn't have a functioning rear shock. You will dread the day you deal with the customer service from PricePoint. You have been warned!

Overall decent bike for the money but the fact that you have to deal with Pricepoint cutomer service if anything goes wrong makes it not worth it at all. Save your money and you can purchase several high quality name brands for $300 -$500 more and have proper customer service/support when you need it. You've been warned, stay away from Pricepoint! Look at entry level bikes from GT, Trek, or Giant in the $1500 price range or a Fezzari for the same price.

None for full suspension, my previous bike was a 6000 series Trek hardtail.

[Jun 19, 2010]
dancarr

OVERALL
Strength:

The geometry is suprisingly well tuned for cross country / all mountain. Strong frame that will take abuse. Excellent wheels!

The Tora 302 is quite basic internally, and heavy.. however the lock-out is a great feature for long climbs.
Kenda Krusher tires are terrible in any moisture... let alone the wet.

Many riders say that this is a great bike for the price. This is a great bike overall.. forget the price for a moment. Some bikes just fit well... Up or down, this bike is stable, predictable and encourages flow. After a few rides, on the stock Kenda Krushers, I had to swap them out. (I thought it was just a matter of getting used to them, but they really take away from the bike). I put on Nevegals, but, its always best to pick a tire to suit your terrain. In fact, in terms of great handling on the trail, I prefer it over my Trek Fuel Ex 7.. (However, active breaking is clearly better on the ABP Trek). The Ace has a single pivot variation, and does lock up the rear suspension a bit under breaking. Not a problem if you ride with this in mind. If I were to swap back the bike for my money now having ridden it, I would still buy it again. Just an excellent bike that I will expect to be my go-to bike for many rides to come.

Many many (this is my 12th bike in about a decade)

[Jun 18, 2010]
mountainwalker80

OVERALL
Strength:

Quality XC rig. Not for racing, but great for riding. Suspension is active and balanced. Frame is stiff and very strong feeling. Weight is comparable to bikes costing much more. Quality build- none of the components are cheap, even the skewers are XT... nothing budget about this bike except the price.

Seriously- can't think of a single one, unless your ego requires you to buy something that says Trek on the down tube.

I was on the fence over whether to build up the bike myself or to just do the whole bike. Using parts off my current hardtail I would have needed a fork, disc brakes, wheels, bottom bracket, and a few minor parts like grips and cables. After obsessively spec'ing out components from all over the internet I found it was just not possible to beat the stock build of the Ace without spending way more money... and I didn't have to cannibalize the hardtail. The bike came out of the box ready to rock... aside from the slight reassembly required, everything was set up and adjusted almost perfectly. Literally the only adjustment required was a half-turn on one of the front derailleur limit screws. The bike rides awesome. My last FS rig was a Y-22 that I paid $2500 in the late 90's. This bike totally blows it out of the water. It is totally predictable, great at putting power down, stiff and solid at high speed, just super-fun to ride. If you are considering buying a used name-brand bike instead of the ace, think again. This bike is the real deal.

Trek Fuel EX8, Specialized FSR

[Mar 02, 2010]
DIRTY DUCK

OVERALL
Strength:

Sram X-7 derailleurs/shifters smooth
Front/rear shocks work great & seem to be holding up well
Geometry and handling good
Disc Brakes stop on a dime

PAINT IS OF EXTREMELY POOR QUALITY
Loose parts in shipping crate
Saddle not very comfortable
POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE FROM PRICE POINT

For a thousand bucks this is a good full suspension bike. Paint quality is extremely POOR. In less than 20 miles, paint wore off where derallieur/brake cables run. Starting to wear in other place too. My 8 year old Fuji Sunfire's paint is in better condition than this 3 month old bike. My main concern now is PRICE POINT's poor customer service. I dread the day I have a warranty claim. I had returned another product I had purchased from PRICE POINT that was defective. I e-mailed them numerous times as to the status of my return but they would never answer. I then called them but they route the customer service calls to an Indian call center. I left 3 messages and no one ever called me back. I Finally got a hold of one of the Indian customer service reps who transferred me to someone here state side. I eventually got my credit for the return but the whole affair took two weeks of aggravation. BOTTOM LINE: Good bike for the money, very crappy paint, and don't expect any warranty or customer service assistance- ya'll are on your own !!!!!!!

Fuji Sunfire Hardtail

[Jan 29, 2010]
wildkyle90

OVERALL
Strength:

Great Components, Lightweight, Mostly everyithing

Nothing Much, Just little odds and ends really

Okay Here is my review.. Just had the bike out for the second time, and have about 5 hours of riding. There is about 3-4 inches of snow on the ground on average where im riding.

The Frame - Solid, even compared to my diamondback response hard tail. The frame didnt have any unwanted flex from what i could tell. The geometry is well suited to fast switchbacks and fast riding, as well as climbing. Actually climbed very well, with very little pedal bob. But after riding hard tail for so long, pedal bob is noticable, but only on steep uphills. It is very light, and it certainly shows its a quick bike. On the downhills, the bike leaves a bit to be desired. It does just fine on the downhill dont get me wrong, but seems to lack some stability. Im blaming this on the lightness of the frame/overall bike that im not used to, although it could be a number of things. I could chalk that up to my flat bar im using.

Fork - - The RS Tora 302 air is fairly adjustable. It does just fine for my riding, and gets very stiff if i want it too, or as soft as i want it to. The rebound adjustment doesnt make a huge difference, although its slightly noticable. No unwanted noises or play in the fork.

Rear Shock - RS Monarch 2.1 is suitable for xc riding. I weight 135 pounds, and with a 150PSI in it, it came very close to bottoming out off a 3 foot drop to flat, but it can handle another 100psi easy, so no problems there. The rebound adjustment on the shock is noticable and helpful. Its easy to fill with air as it has a swivel air tube. Overall i like the monarch, its very responsive to small bumps and still handles the big ones easy and smoothly.

Brakes - Avid Juicy 3's and iv dont a little tuniing with them, cant seem to get them right. They are my first set of hydros, and i am impressed with the stopping power. They provide good lever feel and require little pressure to lock up (ecspecially in the snow). My complaint is they have little adjusment. The rotors are true but they still rub enough to slow the wheel in freespin. I guess i still gotta try to get that adjustment right. They never made any noise, even when i ran them hard on the downhills.

Drivetrain - All Sram X.7 components with a truvativ firex crank. Much Much Much better than Sram X.4.. This setup is more than adequate for anything i do around my area. The triggers require less pressure to shift either way than the X.4, and adjust much easier and stay adjusted. No unwanted noises, quick shifts, and smooth peddling make me very happy and this drivetrain delivers.

Wheels and tires -- XT hubs, Mavic wheels, And kenda krusher tires. The hubs and wheels are midrange and do their job, i dont know what else i can really say about them other that they look nice and have no problems 5 hours of riding. The tires arnt as wide as a typical 2.1 tire, but honestly they did better than i though they would. They had nice grip in the snow and did well uphill for being skinny. Still could have a little wider for better traction would be nice.

Overall - Impressed with the bike, other than on the backside of the pivots, there is some grease coming from them, but it was just a little bit and i figure that is normal. Its a solid bike, and well worth the $999. Anyone who is on the fence with this bike, i say grow a pair and buy it, you wont be dissapointed the least. It climbs, jumps, and has extremley fast responsive handling.

Diamondback, trek, cannondale

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.