Orbea Occam XC Full Suspension

The front triangle is made up of hydroformed aluminum, while the rear triangle shares the carbon bike’s monocoque alloy swingarm and oversize pivot. This design allows Orbea to use tidy 16.65” chainstays that eliminate the sluggish feel of many full suspension bikes. The Occam’s 4.75” of travel is enough for roughest trails and the light weight and responsiveness make it a great everyday choice.

[Sep 17, 2010]
SpokeMurderer

OVERALL
Strength:

Very Responsive. Exelent on Light Downhill and masters trails. plenty of travel for peace of mind. i find that the rear swing arm design allows for minimum bob when climbing without lock out.

Standard Shimano hubs are a let down but i upgraded my wheels to a sealed bearing for peace of mind when jumping.

Good value for money. Strong design. a great bike to ride

Giant Trance, Specialized Stupjumper, Specialized Enduro, Specialized FSR XC

[Jun 05, 2009]
donalfitterer

OVERALL
Strength:

Beautiful looks, Full XT 4" travel

Tires not suited for muddy conditions, supporting documentation worthless

It is a good bike and I am glad I bought it. I am not sure I am faster, but I am not as tired after a 2 hour ride and my shoulders don't hurt. Some of the log obstacles are easier while some are not. Steering isn't as quick as my Seven but going over roots is much easier now. Pedal strikes are a problem but I am learning. Rooted technical climbs are easier, but of course smooth climbs are not.

Previous bike custom Seven Cycles Ti hardtail

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.