Motobecane 450DS XC Full Suspension

• Chain: KMC 8 Spd Narrow

[Oct 28, 2017]
Mac

OVERALL
Strength:

Price

Forks and rear shock

I changed to fox forks and fox rear air shock. Also added hydraulic brakes. $350 for the bike and $500 for upgrades. For less than $900....I have a $1800 bike. It's perfect (I don't compete) for me. It may bit heavy for competition but it's very solid and durable.

Giant Ocr3

[Jun 20, 2017]
Rick

OVERALL
Strength:

Price

Suspension

I've been riding a Motobecane 450 for 2 years. I upgraded the front forks, rear shock, and added hydraulic brakes.

[Sep 22, 2013]
Upjustfrdwn

OVERALL
Strength:

Extremely solid frame, economical full suspension, good compnents, comfortable and responsive.

Rear shock, brake adjustment, lower end front fork

I was trying extremely hard to find a cost effective full suspension. Needed to buy two bikes for me and my wife with a $1K budget and found the 450DS. After a lot of research on other Motobecane models with the same frame I decided to take the leap. I am very happy I did. The bike is solid and I am 245lbs. My wife is 135lbs and she loves it too. The biggest upgrade I can recommend is to change out the rear Shock. I added a air shock with rebound and lockout control and it rides like butter! The front fork is lower end, but it gets the job done. It is a little springy since their is no dampening, but I have adjusted the preload to were its good. The lockout on the front fork is good for uphill. I plan on riding it for a while then upgrading to an air fork (recon solo air or better). The shimano Alivio deraileurs, shifters and cog shift smooth and strong. Basically, you can't get this good of a bike for the price in a LBS without paying over double the price (they want $850 for a hardail with the same level of compnents). Though, I do support the LBS by buying compnents and tools. If you are a beginner, or just looking to have a full suspension, I would highly recommend. Like I said, toss the rear shock and plan for a fork upgrade down the road, but be ready to enjoy a really capable bike out of the box. If you are like me and like to wrench your own bikes and customize it as you go, then this is a great choice.

GT Aggressor, Mongoose

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.