Moots Zirkel XC Full Suspension

Fast and light cross country platform that is a joy to ride with 4’’ of MARC suspension travel. The Zirkel delivers point and shoot geometry whether racing or heading out on an all day cross country trail ride. Built with a 6061 alloy rear end mated to our durable 3/2.5 titanium US made seamless Pi Tech tube set, this combination delivers a fluid consistent ride throughout its travel. An all rounder that will cover all cross country riding conditions and then some. Equipped with a Fox RP23 ProPedal shock, pedal induced bob is kept to a minimum and efficiency at a maximum. Available in seven stock sizes with custom always an option.

[Jul 26, 2009]
Eppie

OVERALL
Strength:

Great climber

Flex in the frame when you stand up and power

I have yet to find a bike that my husband is happy with. He currently has a Santa Cruz Blur LT and a Titus Carbon Racer X. Both bikes still flex when he stands up and powers with his legs. There is so much flex in the frames that it throws the chain line and the bikes ghost shift like crazy. Have top of the line Sram components on both bikes spared all the top level stuff to avoid and mishaps. Nothing seems to be working,He is a stand up rider. the next bike I have heard about is the "MOOTS ZIRKEL" Can anyone tell me about this bike and if would be a good fit for my husband. He is 6ft3 240lbs
I appreciate any feedback
Eppie

Titus Carbon Racer X

[May 22, 2007]
Ann

OVERALL
Strength:

Climbs over rocks like a caterpillar tractor. Handles like no other bike I have ever ridden.

Price

First, I want to preface this review by praising my old bike. The Superlight was a great bike and I really loved it but I had plateaued in my riding about 2 years ago and felt I needed an upgrade to improve. I have given it a special place in the garage along with a special place in my heart. Now on to the Moots:
I can't believe nobody else has reviewed the Zirkel. Are they trying to keep it a secret? I bought this bike without ever trying one. The closest I came was riding a friends YBB and I loved it, but I have back/neck issues and I need full suspension. This bike absolutely rocks. This bike has ramped up my riding capabilities to new heights. It literally climbs over anything I ask it to like a caterpillar tractor. It handles like a cutting horse instead of a trail horse, it was almost too precise for me at first. You point it and it turns (sharp!!) It took me about a month to get used to the change. It climbs steep hills with half the effort. Now after a long ride, I'm not wiped out anymore. Whoever says "it's not about the bike" has obviously never ridden a Moots. Above and beyond the ride, this bike looks amazing. The welds are beautiful and the craftsmanship that went into making it is obvious. At first I didn't know whether to ride it or hang it on the wall. I was really worried that I would pay all this money for the bike and then not be able to ride any better...wrong!!! I say keep the 2 carat diamond; I'd much rather have a Moots. These bikes do cost a lot but I really feel I got what I paid for and I have absolutely no regrets.

Santa Cruz Superlight for the past 5 years

[Dec 15, 2007]
JD Mitchell

OVERALL
Strength:

Everything, ride, looks, feel, its great!

none,It is alot of $$$ but worth it if you want the best.

By far the best feeling bike that I have purchased,I plan on keeping this one,I really like how I am positioned on the bike, unlike my epic were I felt like I was riding a chopper, The Zirkel puts you were you are in control of the bike and not the other way around.

Dean ace,Dean duke,specialized epic

[Nov 22, 2007]
Mike R

OVERALL
Strength:

titanium "livelyness" & strength, craftsmanship

cost & not really any lighter than aluminum--

This is not the kind of purchase that everyone can justify. However, components break and wear out. This frame will last forever. The advent of platform rear suspension has made design detail less critical. So what your paying for is craftsmanship and a titanium front triangle (the rear triangle is actually alum & built by Ventana for Moots)
Ride? Reading the previous review, I read the reference to catapiller over rocks and I was like "How did she know what I was thinking?" It took me a while to learn how to finesse this bike through narley rock gardens--but what a joy! Give it that little nudge when your caught dead in the water-("no mo")and next thing you know, your through. Desending and the occasional drop-off leave me with a little more grinn and a little less fatigue. If you enjoy enurance races and epic rides like I do, then Moots is a brand to consider. In the world of high-end XC frames, Moots is $1,000 more (incl. stem & seatpost)than comparable aluminum frames. Spread that out over 10 years and it's worth it.

Intense, Orbea, and reviews on just about every XC bike out there

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.