Giant Warp DS 1 XC Full Suspension

[May 29, 2014]
Andrew

OVERALL
Strength:

I'm doing a rebuild

Trying to find replacement pivot bushings set ?

Can any one tell me were to purchase a new frame pivot bushings kit for my giant warp DS1.
Look forward to your response.

[Oct 09, 2011]
trawkins

OVERALL
Strength:

strong frame (love the full suspension)
awesome fork (bomber - strong with smooth suspension)
good crankset, wheels, and gears
finger adjustable rear shock.
excellent brakes (some of the better cable disk brakes I have ever used)

dynamic components:
rear shock is tough, but becomes stiff and not as smooth with age.
SRAM 7 twist shifters and original grips are junk in my opinion - replaced shifters with deore XL triggers and corresponding derailleur, new lock on grips.
terrible excuse for platform pedals (my preference), but the stock clipless are solid.

Overall, it is an awesome bike. It's a little heavy, but no part will budge or bend even in the worst crashes (experience talking here). It provides an excellent base for upgrades - all of the expensive core parts are solid and high quality, it is just a shame that they decided to put some lower quality hardware on it. Replace the pedals if you dont ride clipless, get rid of those awful twist shifters, and you have yourself an awesome ride. Mine is over 7 years old and still rides like I bought it.

[Jul 02, 2011]
GottaGo

OVERALL
Strength:

Very comfortable and handles like a champ. I have the white DS1 (I think its the 2003 w/disk brakes), which I happen to think is the classiest model of the different years.

None to date.

This has been my first and so far only FS bike. I ride a lot. I don't do big drops, hucks, etc. But I weigh 195, and ride rough technical stuff regularly as fast as I can and this bike has taken everything without missing a beat. It has been reliable, fun and as I have become a better rider, it has met my needs in terms of refining how the bike is tuned, etc.

So far, the only component I have changed out it the bottom bracket, that started to creak something fierce. All else has been great.

[Jan 10, 2011]
MKWS

OVERALL
Strength:

Frame can be modified great

Stock components

Great Frame. Bad stock conmponents

Alubike Saint, specialized Big Hit

[Mar 03, 2010]
Jandls

OVERALL
Strength:

stable, strong, reliable, fast downhill off road.

Slow on the road

I originally bought the DS3, but I cracked the frame doing bunny hops, and so Giant gave me the DS1 for free, 5 years after purchase date. Anyone who wants a good reliable bike should grab this one, but be aware with large off road tires, it is hard work on a sealed surface such as a road. Road racers will go whizzing past.

Raleigh, Trek, Specialized.

[Apr 09, 2009]
Murphy

OVERALL
Strength:

over all very good, strong, stable design. This bike is a hardy, all mountain ride stong enough to last four , going on five hard years of rugged abuse on Montanas and Oregons most rugged back country mountain trails

components that come with the bike are weak such as the Rockshox forks and the Hv rear shock, but over all excelent bike

supper tough rugged bike for the $$$$$

[Feb 16, 2009]
joseluisc80

OVERALL
Strength:

great frame, strong and conftable

rear shock

great ride, i own a 2004 Giant warp DS1(the white),not the best but great bike for that price, i've used it 4 year now, and it still works great, i ride with guys that used santa Cruz, and other bigger and heavier bike to do downhill, and i've have never stayed behind. love this bike, besides i have a Kona,and i rather to used this one because of the weight. the components are really nice, by the way, i've hear than the posterior versions are not that good, i think it's because of the components. beside the white looks a lot better and the black and gray with yellows.

treck 70, giant vt

[Jul 29, 2008]
Ivan

OVERALL

Brakes wear out too fast and difficult to replace (even dealer did not do it). Just broke frame - rear fork in a weld. Possible manufacturer's fault - most of the pipe probably was not ever welded (fresh break only on two short lines)

Would not buy this Warp DS-1 again, or if I would, so with much better and tougher components.

[Jul 15, 2008]
motoxman.21

OVERALL
Strength:

Seemed great... at first.

pretty much everything.

The bike was great for a few weeks. Started having minor problems. Within a year the forks were shot, the crank decided it didn't need to stick around, and the rims were bent. It also has a really annoying squeal and squeak. The crank is constantly loose but wont tighten. It's not worth the money. If you want a bike that will last more than a month dont buy this bike. otherwise i guess you'd be fine.

Giant Reign (wayyyyyyy better)

[Jul 17, 2003]
Martin

OVERALL
Strength:

Great suspension, Hydraulic Disc Brakes, Deore LX drivetrain

Rear derailleur hits chainstay on bigger bumps (fix = LizardSkins chainstay protector), water bottle holder location.

This is an awesome bike for the money, I paid $1500 CDN taxes incl. Replacing my beat up 6 year old Maxam Hot Chili Comp. The travel in both front & rear suspension is amazing, very responsive and easily adjustable. The Giant MPH disc brakes are great, they are easily adjustable at the levers, no squeals and they perform well wet or dry and in mud. The Deore LX drivetrain has performed well so far too. The stock WTB MotoRaptor tires are great for off-road, but are a little noisy on-road. I've taken it on many off road trails in the few months that I've owned it, it holds up extremely well, I am very pleased.

5 Flamin' Chilis!

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.