Yeti Cycles ARC XC Hardtail

Available At

If one bike epitomizes ?back-in-the-day? it is the Yeti ARC. Originally a joint project in the early nineties with Easton to create the lightest hard tail on the market, the ARC has set the standard for hard tail performance. Trademark Yeti loop stays, optimized Yeti Pure tubing and a perfect race geometry make this the hard tail choice for many top racers. Features: -Custom butted 7005 alloy -Distinctive loop stays and vertical compliance for a more comfortable ride -Ultimate racing geometry

[Mar 10, 2013]
Joeri

OVERALL
Strength:

Light for aluminium, awesome geometrie. Good climber and descender. Looks very nice, because it's a Yeti... :)

Paint quality

Everything about this frame is right. Nice geometrie. Building it up with the right components, this frame kicks ass. In descents and climbs, it is amazing. I do ride it about 2 years now, but I can't miss it anymore. I'm still so much in love with the colors of the 2012 model. Since the early days I always dreamed of having a ARC. I really liked the yellow turquoise color, but some later colors not. When I was looking for a new mtb, I almost bought another Cannondale, but had to wait more than a month. The ARC frame was in stock in a UK shop and this color looked so nice. I couldn't think clear anymore. Cancelled the Cannondale and just bought the frame, after that parts to build it up... And I got an ARC... :)

I use the ARC for all types of riding (except for road racing I use my roadbike)... First had a 100mm RS SID, but for my all mountain holiday in the Alpes I did put in a Fox RLC 120mm... That worked very well and I still ride the ARC with the 120mm Fox RLC. I think it rides better with a 100mm fork for all purpose use, still I don't find too much problems with 120mm. But it does descent so much faster with it.

Giant Escaper 1994 with RS Mag 21 (stolen), Cannondale F800SL 1998 with Manitou R7 (still owned)

[Jan 26, 2013]
Punch

OVERALL
Strength:

Responsive, relatively lightweight, nice design

none for a alum frame

I've been riding my yeti arc for 2 years now. Can't think of a better hard tail, its geometry and overall design is fast. The rear absorbs vibrations and hits really well. I only wish that they made a carbon version.

[Jan 13, 2013]
Dylan W.

OVERALL
Strength:

Geometry, fork, weight, durability, shifting, handling, short chainstay, brakes, simplicity

nothing

This bike jumps, rips, shreds, races, and is just awesome. It is super light, stays on its line, and just overall shreds. the fork is super plush, yet efficient. 100 mm is really all you need. This bike can withstand huge hits because it all of the hit goes into the fork. The bike is such a great climber too. I wouldn't get this bike if you are a starter either. Its for racing and aggressive trail riding. Don't mind the bad reviews they are all from Beginners that got the wrong bike. You need to have experience to get the best of this bike. "Clicking and clacking" won't happen as long as you have a chain stay guard, and still it is normal and won't harm the bike. I definitely recommend this bike to racers (not necessarily pros). Now go shred!

[Jan 07, 2013]
John Northernly

OVERALL
Strength:

Reasonable price.

I felt like when I was riding this it was clicking an clanking a lot. The shifting was very rough and rugged. I felt like I was riding a very heavy bike when I was supposed to be light and built for climbing. On the decent the front fork felt rigid and very jerky.

I wouldn't recommend this bike it has a lot of issues in my opinion and I would spend the extra money to get a better bike.

[Oct 04, 2012]
anth

OVERALL
Strength:

the handling of the bike and the ability to switch lines easily is great
so is the softness of the rear triangle which means you dont feel beat up after riding
xt groupset is great no issues there.
.. you point...you pedal.. it goes...really goes... its very responsive.

be careful with sizing, stems, and bars, you really have to get them right on this bike to get the most out of it, its an old school xc bike so the geo is a bit more agressive, not always the best for long days riding or rough downhills.

if this is your first bike, get somehting cheaper to learn on and thrash around, if you have been riding for some time and looking for an upgrade you will appreciate the great handling and responsiveness of bike

[Jun 08, 2012]
Andrew Curtis-Cody

OVERALL
Strength:

Well finished, good handling, stable on steep descents, as comfortable as hardtails get.

None as yet.

Bought this to replace my Kona Kula Delux that, after 8 years, developed a terminal crack in the frame. Purchased for NZ$1150.00 from Blackseal, Yeti importer based in Dunedin. The Arc feels stiffer around the B/B and chain stays. Nicely finished with B/B, head tube and disc mounts already faced. On paper the Arc has steeper head angle than the Kona but doesn't feel like it's steeper when riding. Handling is very tight and whippy but feels stable on steep descents (more so than Kona). I'm around 5' 9" and the small frame (17") feels a perfect fit. I've got an XY lay back post plus 90mm stem and this feels like a good combo. Weight is a tad over 23lbs. Plan to swap out XT shifters and front mech' for XTR. Otherwise setup feels really good and seems to compliment the frame.

Cotic Soul, Kona Kula Delux

[Mar 03, 2012]
Leif

OVERALL
Strength:

I purchased my Yeti in 2008. This bike has held up to years of intense training rides, 24 hour races, 30+ mile races, and multiple family vacations. The bike is bullet proof and wish it would crack so I could purchase a NEW ARC. I am 6' 4", #166. It is by far the most comfortable ride out there. It is truly a piece of art. Make no mistake, if you LOVE to ride and LOVE being on your bike, go with "the turquoise". The Geometry fits me perfect (no more sore backs, hands, and neck), and best of all the rear triangle is what makes the bike soft enough to cushion the back, but has the strength enough to make you feel unworthy. Its funny how new, top end, hard-tails have the same rear triangle design that Yeti has made for 20+ years on their aluminum bike. This is proof enough why Yeti is much more superior than the others. Yeti has fine tuned this design and know how effective it is. Less welds make the rear triangle perfect. The biking gods are very happy with Yeti :)

Frame won't break, bombproof!!

If you love the simplicity of just riding a bike, don't waste your time or money, "go with the turquoise". If your not sold by Yeti's reputation and good looks, take it for a ride around the neighborhood and you'll then be sold on the Yeti ARC.
Hope this review breaks the tie between Yeti and others that try to mimic. Most of all "Keep your wheels spinning true and live long and prosper on your bike" :)

Nothing compares to a Yeti ARC. Many try to mimic what Yeti has done, but none have the reputation, and ride like Yeti. Copy Cats suck. Much like Dopers

[Jan 18, 2012]
icyi65

OVERALL
Strength:

very lite, very very fast and agile

non i found so far

i'm an all mountain rider and purchased this bike for training and XC racing, ride it also on single track and semi rough terrain.
very very fast agile responsive. Sometimes I enjoy the ride even more than on my all moutain bike.
i have not yet had any technical issues with the frame.
i have 2 friends who have similar bikes and one of them is a semi proffessional rider and both love the bikes.

non

[Jun 25, 2011]
Stratton001

OVERALL
Strength:

Everything. Light, strong, excellent geometry, great climber and fast.

Love this bike! Its light, fast, corners on rails, climbs like a goat and most importantly - fun to ride! Get'cha some! I love Yeti!

ASR-5

[Mar 27, 2010]
hectormz

OVERALL
Strength:

love the handling (the geometry is great very lightweight) especially in technical sections.. maybe slightly overused all mountain type of riding at times

it cracked in the loopstay drve side, the part where a metal plaque (attached to the hanger) is welded onto the curvey tube... couldve been a hit to the Rderailleur cuz i found the derailleur hanger slighly bent. had the hanger busted off maybe wouldve saved the arcs arse

will now use Yeti Arc it for light plain and simple xcountry . getting a new iron horse mkiii comp supposedly an 09 model for 1400 usdollar from chainreactions uk !!!

sPECIALIZED rockhopper

• Available At

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.