VooDoo Bokor One XC Hardtail

PerhapsThe most versatile 26" wheel frame in Voodoos lineup. Bokor features sliding dropouts, so its a snapTo ride geared or singlespeed, with no need for a seperateTensioner. Designed around a 100mmTravel fork, likeThe Fox F100. 7005-series aluminumTubing Frame accepts 1 1/8" headset, 27.2mm post, 68mm BB, and 31.8mm front derailleur 51mm IS mount for disc brakes Works with 26" wheels

[Nov 09, 2011]
Espjamie

OVERALL
Strength:

Great price for such a well specced bike (even at £680.00 from Halfords), Light, Agile, Good Looking, Fast.

Only available at Halfords!!!!!

Not been in the saddle for a few years and wasn't prepared to part with £1000 + for a good hardtail XC steed and to be honest didn't need to after trying this beauty out. I was fortunate to get mine from e-bay at a great price but would have been more than happy to pay the £680 retail cost! I have nothing personal against Halfords, it's just a shame the VooDoo range can't be purchased from your LBS where the service, advice and general banter is far better. I had my Bokor set up by my LBS who happen to be a Specialized dealer and the guy's there reckon that for the money these are fantastic bikes, the only negative that I was given was that the brakes were probably it's weak link, saying that, they are far better than I ever expected but will change them once a good British winter has trashed the **** out of them!!! (Hope M4's me thinks????). The whole package works perfectly, once you get the forks set up with the correct air pressure the front end is easily controlled especially with the Maxxis High Roller up front. You don't need me to explain how good the Shimano Alivio drive train is, probably still the best value drive train there is at this price?
All in all I absolutely love it and if you are looking to spend a £1000.00 on a do it all hard tail DON'T!!! Go spend £700.00 on one of these, give your LBS £40.00 to set it up properly then go buy your missus a bunch of flowers and put £258.00 towards some M4's in a few months time!!!!!

Carrera Fury, Specialized Rockhopper.

[Jun 19, 2011]
simbabull

OVERALL
Strength:

geometry and 7005 ali frame..140mm air forks..great wheel sets for price

matt paint in white,not a great idea looks nice when cleaned..takes 2 hours cleaning to get it looking like it should,please gloss the frame next time voodoo

this bike is not going to be beaten at this price or even an extra £200..once you ride this bike you will see what i am saying..shes spot on in all areas..o.k shes not the lightest bike around @ 27lbs and yes you will replace the front and rear mechs and cranks and prob brakes with better stuff when they start to fail,but untill then enjoy and when they do start to fail upgrade to xt/or x9 and you will keep going as i dont know anyone who will ride this bike and say its crap and i have ridden bikes twice/three times the price that aint that much better...2011 suntour epicon forks are excellent with great responce,,plush and great lockout...as good if not better than the recon solo airs and not much in it with revolations/rebas...im not joking suntour are making good forks....if you have £700-£1200 in your pocket and want a bike you can ride allday and live in the u.k...get this bike and save yourself a few quid...even if you upgrade brakes and drivetrain you would have an unbeatable trail bike for under a grand....what you waiting for then..

whyte 19 trail,orange p7 pro,genesis altitude 30...list goes on but these are best bikes to compair with long travel forks that i have owned..

[May 05, 2011]
prairie_plow

OVERALL
Strength:

versatile frame at a low price.

Nothing so far for the price. Even if I would of paid the full price.

Nice bike. 17" geometry fits me well with a 30" inseam and 5'8" height. Top tube a little bit higher than some other brands (about 1/2-1") if your big on that. I like the option of going geared or single speed. Currently set up as a 1x8, but previously a 1x1. I was told set up as a 1x1 the bb area will flex slightly under extreme pedling, but I haven't noticed it. Paint is decent, it doesn't have leprosy like some of the previous reviews made it sound like. My frame is a 2007 i think. I like how voodoo still has a head badge and rocks the graphics like no other.

Giant DS1, Kona Stinky , Surly cross check, Swobo otis.

[May 04, 2010]
mtbiker72

OVERALL
Strength:

frame is stiff and rides well for a hardtail, even in the more rough stuff

After about 9 months of riding on the frame, the paint began to flake off from around the weld and head tube. Eventually paint began to come off from other areas as well.

I contacted Voodoo about the problem and they refused to help me. Refused to repaint or replace frame. Customer service sucks. If you are considering this frame......hope you don't have problems with it, because Voodoo won't care!!!

marin hardtail, jamis dakota, specialized hardtail

[Apr 22, 2010]
nitroaz

OVERALL
Strength:

Light weight, handles well and looks really cool

Frame

If you do a lot of XC racing this is not the frame for you. The frame is extremely weak causing too my twisting. The way the rear triangle is designed it causes the heal of my shoe to rub on the frame, this geo also allows the chain slap to beat heavily on the frame. I do like the look of the frame and once I switched it over to a SS, I really liked the adjustable horiz dropouts. I think for someone who isn't constantly beating the crud out of there bike this would be a nice frame to have, the price is sure right.

[Aug 20, 2009]
Christopher N.

OVERALL
Strength:

Good weight, good geometry, sliding dropouts, strong, sticks small landings well, disc/v-brake compatible, beautiful paint-job.

Head tube and BB were not faced or reamed out at all.

Awesome hardtail, could not have chosen a better bike for the money. It is an excellent XC bike, but can easily hang with any other bike on heavier trails. If you need a replacement bike, or would like to have an awesome project bike and a great spare frame, this is the bike. If this keeps holding up like this maybe I'll get a Voodoo Sobo in the future. I am just totally blown away.

GT Zaskar, Ironhorse Hardtail, Access XCL

[Jun 03, 2003]
Ivan

OVERALL
Strength:

Speed & Accelaeration

This bike is the dogs bollox, its different, nobody else has one ! Its fast and accelerates very well, On a good day i can show my back wheel to the odd racing bike badly ridden..............Excellent bike.

varoious bikes

[Oct 05, 2000]
Anthony Lee

OVERALL
Strength:

Extrememly light. Excellent cornering, jumping, and downhilling. This frame can handle almost any abuse you put it through. I would definetly recommen this to anyone who is a cross country or dual slalom rider. This feels just like my BMX bike (that means it is super strong and it is 100% solid) this bike is much lighter though.

There isn't really any weekness except for the fact that the seat stays flex with my brakes. But that is normal because I don't have a brake booster.

I would recommend this fram to anyone who want a solid
x-country bike or a potential dual slalom rider. Must buy this frame it is excellent.

Giant XTC SE1, Specialized Stump Jumper M2 Comp, Gary Fischer Paragon or x-caliber.

[Aug 10, 2000]
Geoff Morris

OVERALL
Strength:

Amazingly quick! I am comparing it with the other bike in my possession, a Marin Bear Valley with XT and Z3 Bombers. I reckon that I'm 5 miles per hour faster with this bike.

I bought the bike second hand, replaced original Titec bars and stem with Ritchie and Azonic riser bars to stop the back ache. Phenomenal bike and am amazed how smooth the ride is across the rough stuff, compared to a cromoloy bike.

I would recommend this bike to anybody.

None noted.

Go and buy it.

Marin Bear Valley (upgraded with good stuff).

[Feb 09, 2000]
wayde

OVERALL
Strength:

A rather light and responsive bike. With 1.2 inch slicks on it goes very fast on the road. Off road it is also very quick and efficient on the power transfer front.
I had voodoo rigid forks on mine, and titec flat bars.
The sloping top tube is good for standover clearace and the forward facing seat tube slot is good for keeping the grit out.
The black paint job looks very good.
Did I mention the lightness?

Well, it broke. The driveside chainstay cracked all the way through just next to the weld at the brace behind the bottom bracket.
The top tube cable routing has a bit of an impact on the paint job after a while.
Voodoo are going to replace the frame, though it is yet to arrive. I am riding my 5 or 6 year old rockhopper in the meanwhile, and am noticing the much smoother ride you get with steel.

it was very good, but it broke. If it had not broken it would still be very good. I will give the chillis on the assumption that it didn't break, as I hope the breaking is an abberation rather than a standard feature.
a very good bike for going fast, and quite good to look at.

steel rockhopper
fsr
slongshot

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.