Trek 8500 XC Hardtail

• Bontrager Race Disc

[May 19, 2019]
Troy H

OVERALL
Strength:

I use it for for things from 2m high gap jumps to 3km long climbs love it.

One two three words.

Price Paid:
$649
Model Year:
2009
[Aug 05, 2011]
tazman

OVERALL
Strength:

Great Bike. Very Fast and light and superb Geometry.

Bontrager Flat Handle Bars should be Riser Bars instead.

Absolutely Awesome

Klein Attitude

[Feb 07, 2011]
adipermadi

OVERALL
Strength:

It's pretty Fast, awesome! i really love this frame

i dont see any weakness so far

i love this bike!

[Apr 27, 2010]
Philwilh

OVERALL
Strength:

Very stiff and quick frame!

TREK frames could be slightly lighter, but it is the stiffnes and durability that counts the most:D

The 8500 frame is probably one of the best aluminum frames on the market today! I work in a bikeshop and have seen and tried alot of bikes, but this frame is something of its own;)

Ridley Scorpion

[Dec 06, 2009]
Thiuda

OVERALL
Strength:

Fast, nimble and sexy. Tough, too, since I weigh 90kg and it's never given me any sort of trouble.

Bontrager seatpost and saddle lasted 6 months and then gave up the ghost.

This bike is stellar. I use this bike to commute and to have fun - all in all I put 200km a week on this bike. This bike has not given me any kind of trouble and looks and feels like it will give many more miles of pleasure.

Merida TFS 900 D

[Sep 07, 2009]
banshee555

OVERALL
Strength:

Light,fast and looks good.great spec.
Race ready.

Tyres and saddle

I just love this bike from the day i brought it.i had a scott scale 40 last year and this trek 8500 blows it away.

The bike is a real head turner.
I have just recently changed the tyres to mountain king 2.4 as i did not like the bontrager jones tyres,plus the bontrager saddle that came with the bike was not realy that comfy so changed for selle italia.
I would recommend this bike to anyone who likes to ride at weekends or for a more competitive trail rider.

Scott scale 40

[Sep 04, 2009]
chuyfcd

OVERALL
Strength:

Very stiff ride, climbs excellent even whith this 96kg gorilla on top. Easy to take steep drops and excellent at cornering.

none realy ...not a full suspension version available?

I ride it at least 3 times a week on 20 to 30 km trips each day and i can say it is extremely comfortable. Even when now I'm looking to change to a full suspension because of the obvious aches i'm gettin in my back after a 40km trip due to my weight, Im sure i would keep it for shorter trips Nothing to complain really. This is a review concerning only the frame as you can see it does not have the standard accesories.

Alubike Grizley

[Sep 03, 2009]
MONGE

OVERALL
Strength:

I bought from a cousing a 2008 Trek 8500 frame w/ a 100mm Reba Race (2008) w/ remote lockout, LX hydraulic disk brakes, FSA seat tube, Matrix token stem, Titec Pluto flat handlebar, LX chainrings....

Great frame geometry, light weighted, nice paint job, it feels so confortable when going up, I noticed an incredible difference when climbing, with the 34 Sram cassette you can easily climb anything... is pretty stiff, and the alpha red aluminum gives me confidence it will hold anything...

This frame along with the Reba Race fork makes this bike a very sweet ride, this fork works amazingly good...

this is a custom made bicycle, no weaknesses about the frame

I'm not changing this frame anytime soon, I will probably die with it :)

Trek bikes may be somehow expensive and even more the top of the line frames and bikes but they well worth the money.

From now on I will go Trek all the way...

Optimis Traxer, this is a Costa Rican bicycle company... I'd be surprise if someone around here have seen one :)

[Jun 03, 2009]
DiegoGTi

OVERALL
Strength:

Looks nice, extremely lightweight, fast, Stiff, nice geometry. very nice handling, I like that mine is a 2006 and all the weldings are polished, the silver color is awesome

Very weak frame painting, scratch easily

With that setup is very fast, responsive, comfortable ride, climbs fast. Good for descents, It is just the best race aluminum bike you can buy.

More than 1500 miles on-road and 700 off-road, Nothing to replace or repair, still like new, except some scratches. Very reliable

Gary Fisher HooKooEKoo

[May 27, 2009]
tiagom

OVERALL
Strength:

Light and climb really fast

easily stretchable frame paint, stock tires

Great race bike, climb steep and rough paths faster than anyone that I've ever tried. Race frame geometry, not good for riding slow or long flat ways or family Sunday rides. Good for riding fast! Stock tires worn fast and frame paint easily get scratched by small rocks hitting.

trek 4400, stumpjumper ht, Hardrock, Caldera

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.