Trek 3900 Disc XC Hardtail

Hit the trails or own the streets on a bike that’s meant for you. Front suspension, knobby tires… the trail awaits.

• Frame: Alpha White Aluminum w/semi-integrated head tube, bi-oval down tube w/integrated gusset, rack & fender mounts, disc compatible dropouts, replaceable derailleur hanger
  • Front Suspension: SR Suntour XCT w/coil spring and preload, 100mm travel
  • Wheels: Formula alloy DC20 front hub, Shimano alloy M475 rear hub; Bontrager 550 36-hole rims w/brushed sidewalls
  • Shifters: Shimano EF51, 8 speed

[May 23, 2019]
Robert1229

OVERALL
Strength:

I upgraded the fork to rock shox

Good bike, needs upgraded brakes

Price Paid:
Purchased:
New
Model Year:
2012
[Mar 31, 2013]
Rob

OVERALL
Strength:

Light weight, sturdy frame, good components for beginners.

gears, forks

I have owned mine for approximately 7 months and have ridden it fairly hard on trails and the road, I am overall satisfied with the bike. I just recently upgraded the forks to Rock Shox XC 32's which is my first set of Rock Shox. You can tell a huge difference in the ride. I have had issues with having to adjust my gears several times due to the mud and wear and tear.

[Aug 01, 2012]
Bob Marley

OVERALL
Strength:

It's Light Weight

Breaks Terrible,Shocks Sucks,The Tires I Wouldn't Trust Cornering At All!

This Bike I Thought Was Cool At First! The 26x2.0 I Hate Them! The Breaks Are Standard Disc Breaks And They Are TERRIBLE!

[Jan 12, 2012]
lilridgerider

OVERALL
Strength:

Frame, handling, light weight.

Brakes and the CRAPPY SUNTOUR FORK. Tires aren't good for cornering, you can go down pretty easy

I tried a great deal of bikes before getting this one. It was the lightest in the budget range I had at the time. I am just getting start and am entering a couple of local races. I don't ride it on pavement at all. But after all of the upgrades I made to the front of my bike those parts are worth more than what I paid for the whole bike. But what really matters is that I am pleased with it. And I really am.

I must mention though. about a month and a half of riding and while riding this bike the upper part of the fork came out of the lower casting. This could have broken my neck. I just want people to be aware. I didn't crash this bike very hard or anything or jumped it off anything more than a foot. Be very cautious of the fork. The Trek store warrantied it and they were very good about it. But I don't trust it anymore and that's why I upgraded to a fox float and had to change out the front hub to accommodate the 15mm thru QR.