Sette Reken Hardtail Frame XC Hardtail

Where do we start with this gem of a lightweight frame? We could mention such features as the gusseted head tube, replaceable derailleur hanger, machined dropouts, disk and v-brake compatibility, hydraulic cable braze-ons or the exclusive Setté seatpost quick release. If you’re worried that a 6061 double-butted aluminum lightweight frame isn’t strong then you will want to know about the reinforced and oversized downtube and the curved stays which are held together using a full bead weld. The only way you are really going to find out is to have one of these exclusive frames for yourself.

[Oct 15, 2009]
shaypop

OVERALL
Strength:

the frame sizing seems to fit me well--no in between. frame also has nice, clean welds.

the hanger is the only flaw so far i see with the frame. down right flimsy. grazed a small boulder and the thing twisted and bent right in half

frame is nice. hanger is flimsy. weak metal

distance, isis

[Sep 20, 2009]
tmmtb

OVERALL
Strength:

it looks nice especially for the price, handles well, not too heavy, disc or vbrake capability

this frame is either not meant for 120mm travel or jumping. I snapped the frame in half (both tubes) close to the head tube -it looked like someone took a hacksaw to it

On the weekends while hanging out with some freeriders I would hit some of the smaller jumps, hucks, and ~20' rocky downhills this is probably were I weakend the frame structurally and it basically tore in half close to the head tube on a 15 to 20 foot climb- lucky me! use this frame for only light trailriding or maybe xc.

know your bikes limits or when in doubt spend the money on a better frame!

stumpjumper hardtail m2- bought it back sometime in '98 and still ride it now in '09- worth every penny!

[Aug 28, 2009]
NovakanX

OVERALL
Strength:

Frame is tough. Geometry is nice and slack, great for a trail bike. Matte black is Matte Sexy;)

None yet. Might be a little heavy for weight weenies, but weight weenies usually don't usually go for big jumps etc.

Bottom line is for the $, you will not find a better hardtail frame out there. Do your homework and read some reviews on the frame. I haven't seen anyone who wasn't happy with it yet, and it surpasses everyone's expectations.

None.

[Aug 02, 2009]
P51Joe

OVERALL
Strength:

Strong light and priced way too right

None.

Performance Bike sells the same darn frame in red with their name on it for $199, on sale usually for $169.The Reken is about the equal of the Motobecane Fly Team etc. If this had a Trek, Specialized or other poser brand decal on it, it would be $500 easy!

look kg486 Giant XTC

[Jun 19, 2009]
Vtolds

OVERALL
Strength:

Very light frame, with full welds, and gussets to help keep everything together....cheap, very cheap. $50.00 Dollars cheaper than any other frame I found.

The flat black paint scrathes fairly easily. I would suggest using black electic tape on the chain stay and any were the frame gets rubbed by brake lines. After 2 rides my brake lines started rubbing through the paint and I could see metal. The seat post clamp included, does not work for crap. I had to tighten it down with a hex key just to get it to hold the seat post in place.

This frame will get you to where you want to go, and get you back without braking. This is a very cheap way to put a bike together, and get on the trail.

[Apr 12, 2009]
donryanocero

OVERALL
Strength:

Cheap as fawk. Seems to me most taiwan frames are more or less the same anyways. This frame feels great to me. I run an 18", I have a 34" standover and am 6'.

deraileur hanger looks a little weak. haven't busted one yet though.

Dude. it's 90 bucks. go build a single speed rigid or save the money you would have spent on an expensive frame and throw more money into components.

SC Chameleon, stumpjumpers

[Feb 10, 2009]
walshrus.602

OVERALL
Strength:

lightweight, good looks, great price, awesome customer service, rock solid, precise handling.

nothing wrong with the product, however when the frame arrived via fedex, there was a huge hole in the box! upon opening the box the frame was in pristine condition however the deraileur hanger and seatpost clamp were no where to be found. i called pricepoint and they immediately sent me both free of charge.

Amazing frame. i would highly recommend it to anyone, on a budget or not.

[Dec 08, 2008]
ndpaz

OVERALL
Strength:

Light and solid

I never thought I would be riding a review on this bike, but it really is amazing. I cracked a fisher frame awhile back and was really bummed since race season was coming up and I did not have a bike. Well being on a strict budget I bought this frame and switched all my components over. This bike totally rocks! I never had a problem with this bike and did five off road races on this bike. What turned out to be a temporary band aid turned out to be one of my favorite bikes to ride. My brother rides a Santa Cruz chameleon and could not believe how well this bike handles.
This is the best buy for your buck.

Gary Fisher Merlin, Ziggurat

[Oct 30, 2008]
rob.char

OVERALL
Strength:

Lightweight(4.5lb - 18") I have 16, short chain-stay, rides like a dream, Love the matte black. Overall clean welds and looks great.

What more do you want from a $99 frame that rides great. No complaints what so ever by me.

The frame costs $99, there's nothing better on the market for the money. If your on a limited budget like me, this frame is a no brainer. I was struggling with frames because I needed a ~16" seatpost length with a longer then normal top tube, which this frame had. I took the parts and upgrades made to my 2006 Reflex 20 and threw them on this frame; its like night and day I love this frame. Its clean and simple. Would recommend to anyone. Feel free to send me a message with any questions at all.

Scott Reflex 20, Kona Stinky if you think thats similar, Trek 820 (~5 years ago). All upgraded.

[Oct 05, 2008]
cms0415

OVERALL
Strength:

Great value. After riding full suspension for 4 years, I had to go back to a hardtail. This frame was the cheapest NEW frame I could find. The welds are great, construction is solid and the frame is super light. Outfitted with light components this would make a great racing bike!

the paint is wearing off on the head tube from cable rub to the front brake. chain slap chipped the paint off the chain stay after only a few rides, an easy fix with a chainstay protector

A great frame and a great price!! Awesome customer service with pricepoint. Highly recommended! But nobody's perfect.

schwinn from target 5 years ago. Raleigh Ram 4.0 Rode a friends rock hopper while my bike was in the works.

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.