Raleigh Mojave 5.5 XC Hardtail

Featuring a completely new frame with shaped top and down tubes and extruded seatstay yoke, the Mojave 5.5 is a tool, and we mean that as a compliment. Need an off road trail fix? Get out your tool and crank!

[Oct 03, 2019]
AirborneDad

OVERALL
Strength:

Super solid frame and it has parts that are easily replaced. The range of gears make it easy to adjust for terrain and the glide on it is long. I am not an extreme rider and this bike just goes and gets you there!

The rear wheel bent on a not so bad bump and had to be replaced.

Price Paid:
Purchased:
Used
Model Year:
2007
[Jun 30, 2011]
utahxcchamp

OVERALL
Strength:

This bike will last you forever. For the price, you won't beat it. Seriously, you'll just ride it into the ground and have nothing but fun in the process.

Stock front sprocket became quite chipped after a while. Derailleur had a difficult time reaching the full range of gears (24 speed). The grips wore away in a jiffy.

I rode this bike hard for two years, and now it's just my commuter bike to college. The frame has never had any problems. The components are not top of the line, but I have been nothing but impressed with how this bike has lasted.

The Raleigh Mojave is now the Raleigh Talus.

[Jan 18, 2010]
rdubas

OVERALL
Strength:

Really decent price, frame feels solid and rode well. Great entry-level bike that you can still ride hard.

Rear brake constantly went out of adjustment, cheap brake levers that bent easily, rear deraileur also went out adjustment often, fork (Manitou Comp 80) bobs a lot when pedaling and I don't feel confident with it anymore in fast, tight turns or off of drops

This was my first mountain bike and I rode and crashed it hard many times. It was a great bike to learn on since the price was reasonable for a bike that is really usable to ride on the trail. I honestly think it's better to learn on a bike of this level instead of shelling out over a grand. It's less discouraging when you crash! I eventually outgrew this bike and moved on to higher-end models, but I still have a soft-spot for it. Yes, the wheels are heavy, the Manitou Comp 80 fork sucks and the Tektro v-brakes are useless in any-kind of wet weather, but I loved riding this bike. (My next plan is turn it into a fixie!)

Trek Liquid 20, Surly 1x1

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.