Litespeed Tanasi XTR disc XC Hardtail

[Oct 29, 2014]
Vinnie

OVERALL
Strength:

Stiff, light, strong, nimble,it makes you fly on the trail up or down.This is the best hardtail bike ever produced!

I couldn't find it

I got this bike used recently with all xtr components, Thomson stem and seat post and Fox F80 fork.
The Ti 6/4 ti with the multi shaped tubes makes the bike incredible nimble and rigid but not rigid like aluminum. I have ridden everything; Klein Adroit/Attitude, Seven Sola, Ibis Mojo Ti, Fat Chance Ti, Bontrager Ti Lite, Moots Rigormootis, Cannondale F5000 Volvo,Kona King Kahunna, Merlin XLM old and new(6/4). All these bikes have incredible ride qualities but it seems that Litespeed Tanasi got it all together in one frame.
The Litespeed must be on the top of the list. It accelerates incredibly fast. I feel that I am getting more power that I am really putting on the pedals. The price of a new one in mid 2004 was steep but I will tell you worth every penny. Best bike ever!!!

Klein Adroit, Seven Sola, Merlin XLM, Moots Rigormootis, Kona King Kahunna, Ibis Mojo Ti, Cannondale F5000 Volvo

[Apr 09, 2007]
Brad

OVERALL
Strength:

Very Lightweight. Titanium has no fatigue life and will practically last forever. Highest quality components that money can buy. Will fly uphill (provided you supply the climbing legs). The brushed Ti finish is second to none. Welds are meticulously perfect. Geometrically enhaced tubes enhance overall strength.

The price.

If you are a cross-country racer then this is the bike that you must have. It is capable of so much more than I am able to give it (and I have raced for a number of years). The full XTR group not only looks incredibly sexy, but its performance knows no equal. If you are a weekend warrior or just a casual cross-country rider then you should look elsewhere -- the bike is extremely expensive and not as forgiving as a quality full-suspension frame.

Cannondale F4000

[Oct 05, 2006]
Matt Sali

OVERALL
Strength:

Rigid yet comfortable, light, climbs extremely well and goes where you point it.

None.

I've been riding a Klein Attitude 94 (fully rigid) and switched to the Litespeed Tanasi. It's stiff in the bottom bracket yet the ride is extremely comfortable when compared to the Klein. Tracking is phenominal.

Purchased used, this was a great deal. Certainly $6K for a bike is well out of reach for my budget.

Klein Adroit 96, Klein Attitude 94, Kestrel CSX.

[Jun 19, 2006]
Ed van Rooyen

OVERALL
Strength:

Strong and light - not something that usually goes together

None - although quite pricy

This is an awesome bike!!!! I am not a light guy (22 stone) yet the ti frame shows no hint of any flex - might be expensive but peace of mind of full life time warranty makes up for it. Oh yes and climes like a mountain goat on steroids!!!!!

Schwinn Moab LX, Gary Fisher Marlin, Gt Avalanche 1.0

[Oct 08, 2005]
Gary

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, but not what was quoted (around 22.5 lbs). Climbs well after locking out front suspension. Handles well and comfortable on road.

I was quoted around 22.5 lbs and found it around 1 lb heavier, after opting to change to lightest Kenda tires I can find.

Since I just started using this bike, my full reaction hasn't been determined. I like the bike, but question the cost. To me, a stable (full ti frame)and top of the line components justifies the expense. The lighter weight, even though I was hoping for a lb lighter, is worth it. However, I'm sure their are other hardtails worth considering for a $1000 or more less expensive, but for me, I'm pleased with this bike (so far).

Cannondale raven 4000sx (full suspension)

[Aug 16, 2005]
Carlos Marquez Valdes

OVERALL
Strength:

La rigudez extraordinaria que tiene, ligereza y belleza del material.

Lo unico es el precio, más de 2000 dolares el puro cuadro. Pero te aseguro que vale la pena el gasto. Es un cuadro para toda la vida.

El mejor cuadro que he tenido desde hace 24 años que ruedo en bici, el centro es impresionantemente riguido. Todos los tubos cambian de forma en sus extremos y sólo pesó el cuadro 1,350g reales.

El mejor cuadro de XC en el mercado.

No dudes en invertir en un cuadro de este nivel. Recuerden que no hay que quedarse con las ganas de nada en este mundo.

saludos desde Guadalajara Jalisco

En español es mas bonito....
Carlos Márquez

Specialized, Airborne, GT Zazcar, Trek 9000, 7000, 8000, Giant

[Nov 29, 2005]
tim

OVERALL
Strength:

Solid and stable in most technical situations, yet not rough.

I have riden hardtails for over ten years, this is my third ti -- and absolutely the best. The tanasi feels extremely solid, responsive, stiff and fast, yet still not rough. When I stand out of the saddle, it respinds like a road bike, yet when seated, the seat stays take enough of the shock / vibration. This bike is expensive and might not be for everyone. yet I love mine. it's stable at high speeds and rough terain, nimble on the singletrack, and always wants to go fast. Don't tell lightspeed but I would even pay more, as long as noone knew.

Merlin XLM (had the exact same build down to the tires and yet this tanasi feels like something completely different, and much better). The Merlin felt too "active" for me.

[Oct 23, 2007]
Carlos Marquez

OVERALL
Strength:

No paint, enough light 1350gr, super fast, very strong, No flex, normal looking, oversize tubes, 31.6 seat tube, the epitome of design.

I little bit nervous when you have 45 lbs of pressure on wheels at 35 lbs feels better, but you must be very technical if you do not want to bite the tube on the rookie terrains.

This is my favorite hardtail bike. I used for all day ride and is very comfortable. Is a very expensive bike but if you see different is a good price piece of art.

Trek 9000, Zaacar Lee, Airborne Landcaster, Trek Liquid, Scott Scale 10, Santa Cruz Chameleon, Epic, Stumpjumper, Nomad, Obed and a lot of BMX

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.