Litespeed Ocoee XC Hardtail

• Seat Post: TruVativ XR Double Clamp

[Sep 20, 2009]
Olboll

OVERALL
Strength:

Very light, very supple, very strong. Feels like it's got some rear travel, but with none of the power loss or mush of even a top-end full susser. Accelerates and climes like nothing else I've ever riden, yet inspires confidence and is easy to place on the desents.

Not found any yet, apart from the truely terrible graphics, which will have to go.

Bought this 2008 ex pro racer for a bargain price, yet looks and feels like new. It feels like I've got a rocket up my backside, and despite the fact that the geometry is pretty racy, it's given me more confidence than my full Suss Stumpy, in almost as much comfort. I can't imagine what it would take to make me want to replace it. At aproaching £2500 list it's not a cheap frame, but frankly you can see and feel where the money goes.

Giant xtc, Sanderson Life, Stumpy

[May 02, 2008]
Mike

OVERALL
Strength:

The bike handles great and really does a good job absorbing the shock. The frame is a work of art. Weld quality is exceptional.

The replaceable dropouts are my only complaint. I have two reasons for this. The rear wheel is difficult to install, I had to spread the dropouts to slide it in. Not a big deal except in races. I have also noticed that the rear deraileur moves quite a bit when tighten down the skewer on the QR. I don't notice any flex out back when riding.

I throughly enjoy riding this bike. I handles well in all conditions that I've encountered. It is fairly light, mine came in at 23 pounds with the parts listed above and could probably drop a pound pretty easily. The dropout issue is annoying, but not enough to stop me from giving it 5 Chilis.

I have an Ellsworth Truth that hasn't seen dirt since I took possession of this bike.

[Nov 20, 2007]
Joe

OVERALL
Strength:

Fast, responsive, climbs like a goat. Good over the rough stuff and goes downhill well. This frame doesn't mind the steep stuff. Replacable dropouts allow for single speed setup.

More frame sizes

Best hardtail MTB money can buy!

Other hardtail MTBs

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.