KHS Alite XC Hardtail

[Mar 16, 2014]
Mark

OVERALL
Strength:

Frame. I'm 175 pounds and the frame stands up well.

Front rotor warped so I changed the whole system to Shimano (mineral oil). People say the front fork is poor but it's my first mountain bike so it's hard for me to say.

I regularly ride with other riders on carbon-fibre this, soft-tail that, and my trusty KHS keeps up with them. I laugh when yet another carbon frame breaks and my aluminium alloy frame just keeps going. Where I ride, it is dry hard-pack for 9 months of the year and the Kenda small block 8's work well. On the road, I freewheel longer than other riders - probably due to the tyres and light frame. After nearly 900 miles I've had one puncture and replaced the brakes. Bike still looks brand new. In fariness, I wash the bike down and lube it up after nearly every ride.

[Nov 08, 2013]
Ovr50andSlow

OVERALL
Strength:

Solid bike for the price, love it

Fork, KHS Tech support

This is a follow up from my previous post. I still love the bike. Five rides later and it is performing like a champ. However -
BEWARE: KHS's Rancho Dominguez, CA, office is rude and worthless if you have a tech question about their products. The gentleman I spoke with today to ask a question about upgrading my headset treated me as if I were putting upon him to answer just a standard question about the headtube's dimensions. He kept repeatedly saying "check with your local bike shop." I understand trying to keep it all in house with respect to steering people to your vendors. I also understand the free market principles of taking my business elsewhere next time I buy a bike when a merchant is ignorant of the moment of value principle.

[Nov 04, 2013]
Ovr50andSlow

OVERALL
Strength:

Great stiff ride, exceptional climber, budget drive train works very well

fork

First Impression ride White Tanks Regional Park (AZ) competitive track - I bought this 2013 KHS Alite 500 bike brand new off if Craigslist for $300.00. It is presently selling at Sports Chalet for $569.00. Having previously owned higher end bikes (a Yeti 575 and a Cannondale Scalpel) as well as a Trek 4900 (which I also loved), I was prepared to regret my gamble in spending the $300.00 instead of considerably more for a higher end ride. I was very pleasantly surprised with the KHS. It performed quite well. It felt stable, provided excellent torque, climbed like a champ, the entire drive train operated smoothly and gave the bike gave me an overall sense of satisfaction in my purchase. The RST Blaze fork leaves something to be desired both in cushioning and in holding a line in drops and rapid ascents. But my comparison perspective is formerly having ridden on both Fox Float and Vanilla forks, and it's not fair to compare a complete bike that cost me half of what either of those two forks presently sell for. I'm really happy with the bike, it is every bit as nice as my former Trek 4900 hardtail and deserves to be recognized as a solid entry level bike for the easy-to-moderate rider. I'm definitely a fan.

Trek 4900

[Feb 20, 2013]
dah dah dah

OVERALL
Strength:

Super tough, long life

I destroy cheap bikes, this one did not die.

After getting frustrated blowing spokes from pushing the bike too hard (I have really strong legs, and blow spokes out from pedal torque) I got this bike and rode it for 3 years without a problem. It lasted until I was done with it, and I gave it to a friend.

A bike this good at this price should be impossible. Nothing ever went wrong, despite massive riding, including from Canada to Socal, I was really impressed.

[Nov 23, 2012]
Chris

OVERALL
Strength:

Frame. Shocks in front. Disk brakes. Nice looking bike all around

Seat looks like dick and balls. Very hard also.
Price little high. No shocks in rear or center. My gears aren't lined up correctly but that can be fixed. Attach/buy a rear kickstand. Grips SUCK.
All cosmetics

Good bike. Cosmetic work needs to be done

[Nov 05, 2012]
PETER

OVERALL
Strength:

THIS BIKE FOR THE PRICE IS AWSOME, MY FRIENDS HAS 1,000++ BIKES AND THEIRS WEIGTH A LOT MORE. COMPONETES ARE GOOD FOR THE PRICE GREAT START UP BIKE...

WELL THE HANDLE BAR AND GRIPS SHOULD BE BETTER. BUT FOR THE PRICE THEY ARE BEST.

I BUY THE 2013 MODEL THAT HAD FRONT LOCK OUT, AND FRAME CHANGES NICE LOKING THAN 2012

[Jun 26, 2012]
Marc Marc

OVERALL
Strength:

Its okay Get the Elite 100 It has a thumb shifter and better shocks in the front this is a OKAY bike though in all reality

No rear disk brakes Grip shifter

Okay bike for light to moderate speed trail riding (Riding with kids easy ride ect) Something you couls get for your wife if she's not hardcore into it.

[Apr 28, 2012]
mon

OVERALL
Strength:

light, affordable frame

none so far

i bought this frame because of its size, the size 19 khs 2000 isn't available at the lbs. it looks classy (for me) the down tube is not over sized. good welding at the gusset in the head tube. looks slick but strong and promising. better stick with 100mm travel fork for better handling in corners and steep ascents.
i have yet to abuse it in trails and off-roads. but so far,its good,

[Aug 14, 2011]
tecatte zambo
Downhiller

OVERALL
Strength:

Good product, easy to handle on utmost terrain and city driving. My Mountain bike is still operating, I have used it for my physical exercise.

The handlebar and the stem are made of steel so they tend to corrode, I replaced an alloy of good quality material.

Good performance i recommend this product to my friend and it is worth to own.

Custom-made bike but made in china i prefer to used KHS brand.

[Aug 10, 2011]
Little Bill

OVERALL
Strength:

disc brakes, strong frame, very durable

none so far

This is a great bike for the price. Took it to my favorite mountain bike trails with are rated most extreme and the bike held up to any abuse I could give. I way 260 lbs and I am 6'2". I have a 21" frame that does not flex and the rims are tough.

cannondale

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.