Haro Flightline XC Hardtail

• Front/Rear Brakes: Tektro Direct Pull w/ linear spring

[Mar 31, 2020]
mtbkid2007

OVERALL
Strength:

It served well the first time I rode it.

After the first ride, it started to display some flaws. The suspension is horrible and absorbs no impact. The shifters rub against the chain, and I've had to fix that at least 5 times now. The axle recently started to come loose and the derailer almost fell off a few times.

Price Paid:
2018
[May 10, 2013]
Gregon2wheels

OVERALL
Strength:

Good strong frame with good welds. Looks like it was made on the same production line as the Haro adult bikes.
Good fit for a 10 year old child with enough adjustment to last him until he is tall enough to switch to the wife's old Rocky Mountain.
Easy shifting.
Nice rear derailleur protector.
Name brand shifters, rims. Durable components.
Comfortable seat for 1 - 1.5 hour rides for my son.

Bottom of the line Shimano shifters.
Durable = heavy. This is a small bike to weigh 28 pounds.
Gearing too high for kid to ride up steep hills.
Minimum suspension travel. It will take the edge off dropping off curbs, but that's about it.
Wheels are constantly going out of true. The shop can't tension them enough to keep them true.

My son has gradually moved up from 12" to 16" to 24" wheels. He has been very happy with this bike for about 2 years. It should last him until he's tall enough to comfortably fit an adult small frame.

The frame is well built. Components are durable. Most of them are name brand, but bottom of the line.

It's a little expensive for what you get, but it can last for years.

[Mar 13, 2013]
inlikeflynn2013

OVERALL
Strength:

Price, Frame, 100mm Travel Fork (2013 Haro Flightline Two;26er), Saddle (comfortable)

Front Derailleur, Front Brakes (Caliper)

Riding Skills - Intermediate / Trail/Terrain - Advanced

the 2013 haro flightline two;26er retails at $470, with that said, you get a lot for the price compare to other brands. 100mm travel fork, front and rear mechanical disc brakes, front and rear shimano altus derailleur, comfortable saddle, good threaded tires and a reputable company.

after replacing the grips, saddle AND seat post with lighter ones, my bike weighed at 28 pounds. my bike is a 15" frame that weighs 29.5 pounds (stock) comparing to my friends kona kahuna 18"frame;29er, with hydraulic brakes that weighs 29 pounds (stock), then again his bike is $1200 and mine i bought for $420 out the door.

didn't really like the mechanical brakes on this bike..only one caliper pushes the rotor inward and it made my front rotor bend. the front derailleur, will hit the chain if i am on 2nd gear front and 4th gear rear, maybe it just need adjustments?

[Nov 30, 2012]
Fred

OVERALL
Strength:

Size, weight, comfort, maneuverability, quick release lever adjustable seats a plus!!,

Tires are not the best

At 5'4" I am a short adult and wanted the most comfortable bike for everyday street and trail riding, and I wanted a known brand. Bob Haro is the godfather of BMX so I figured why not buy one of his mountain bikes. I love my flight line and actually bought two to ride with my wife and kids. It is a kid's bike but the bike mechanic assured me that for my height, weight and type of riding this bike was a perfect fit for me and my family. If you're not too tall and just looking for a comfortable bike this kid bike may be the perfect fit for you

[Jun 16, 2012]
nikola

OVERALL
Strength:

Really strong frame,good fork ,great grip and really easy to control, adjustable brakes and fork.

the rims are easy to bend and i wish the fork had 100mm travel

this is an awesome bike,really good and easy to control.brakes are very good and easy to adjust.i have been doing some serious jump with the bike and it was really good and no damage was made to the bike.really easy to wheelie or manual.needs double wall rims,that is the only bad thing.the fork can take much damage and still work fine but i wish it was 100 mm travel or more(the bike would look even more awesome). Very very good bike i recommend it for everyone.

[Nov 27, 2011]
Daniel Baldwin

OVERALL
Strength:

shifts very clean,good fit

the only thing i had to do was clipless pedals,also bigger knobbies on my tires i ride alot of mud

im a bigger guy,i ride this bike in all kinds of trails and it is doing well,

[Oct 25, 2011]
Strombat

OVERALL
Strength:

Excellent fit and finish. High quality hardware. Very cool paint scheme compared to other kids bikes.

Just picked it up today and have no complaints.

My 6 year old hopped on with no prior experience with hand brakes and shifter and was using both with no problem right away. The bike is a huge step up from the Trek Jet 20 because it has front suspension and the shifter. The shimano hardware is really high quality for a kids bike. My boy rode a Trek Jet 16 from age 3 to 6 and we very very happy with it except it was soooo heavy, that swayed me from buying another Trek.

[Sep 17, 2011]
sbsufo

OVERALL
Strength:

Saddle is branded as Pivit but underneath its actually a Velo. Good frame geometry. Disc brakes are amazing even under water.

Suntour fork very spongy even when locked out. Disc brakes squeal when wet.

Paid $400, got a helmet thrown in too. Performs like my old 93 bear valley SE for less than half the price. Bought it for light trails and ended up riding rocks, mud, water. Bike takes everything I throw at it and still works. Front derailleur stops working when full of mud but show me one that doesn't. Great entry level bike.

Marin bear valley SE

[Aug 26, 2011]
Loganay

OVERALL
Strength:

Does work... It handles nicely and takes a beating for sure. Components haven't given me fits (yet) and I push it to it's limits... Great on downhill rocky sprints too!

Dart 2 isn't the best and the stock tires could be upgraded...

It takes a beating and gives a beating... Has handled everything I have put it through which is more I can say for my body... Two thumbs up for sure...

My friend has a giant and enjoys riding my bike more and always asks to trade... Speaks for itself...

[Jul 30, 2011]
joe

OVERALL
Strength:

great for paved road flat trails.front shock works good.

wheels,rear derailuer,brakes.I have replaced all of these already.I had to adjust the brakes every ride.trued up old one to many times.

Bike is o.k. for roads.All I can say is ugrade when u can.I would tell poeple to save their money for something else.

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.