GT Aggressor XC Hardtail

• Front Derailleur: Shimano TY-32

[Nov 23, 2018]
GMoney5515155

OVERALL
Strength:

Strength- price good (see weaknesses)

Weaknesses- Awful fork will not do what you want, Pedals have no grip, Derailleur shifts bad and breaks easily, grips tear easily, uncomfortable seat, handlebar end caps broke so fast. If you are planning to get this skip it whatsoever and get a better bike for a bit more money.

[Nov 23, 2018]
GMoney5515155

OVERALL
Strength:

Strength- price good (see weaknesses)

[Mar 19, 2018]
mike67266

OVERALL
Strength:

Price is reasonable, but the quality? See below.

Bought the bike for less than one month in California for my 12 years boy. Rode the bike for 3 times, 30 minutes each time. About one month later, found the stem cracked. We are lucky to find out this before accident happens. When we took the parts out, found out this make of very thin aluminum. GT may save 25 cents on the material, and put all the riders in danger. Stay away from GT. Thanks to Dicks Sporting Goods, they replaced the stem right away.

Price Paid:
Model Year:
2018
[Apr 21, 2017]
Thomas Wagner

OVERALL
Strength:

This bike can take a savage beating & happily beg for more! Lightweight frame yet super tough!

Not much really. Yet after 10+ years of pulling 1000lbs or more all night every weekend then the bottom bracket and/or the lower frame near that area may crack or snap. Only 2 of the 8 we had did this.. So as long as you use it for what it was designed for you have an immortal bicycle.

I ride this model for 13 years (2002-2015) in my fleet of Bike Taxis in West Palm Beach, FL. Made a ton of money over the years with it. It mainly pulled a steel chariot trailer with 2 benches that comfortably held 6-8 people all across town. The GT was the preferred bike of the company. Pretty much no other bike frame could take the punishment we dished out. Specialized, Trek's, Cannondale's & the list goes on of the bicycles that could not last for more than a couple of years without the frame snapping. My friend Sean still has my bike at his place down in Florida since I left it with him as I moved back to New York State. Recently I purchased a brand spanking new GT Aggresor Pro to fulfill my biking needs up here at home!
Great company that consistently make a bad ass product.

[Sep 12, 2015]
Aldo
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

good and strong frame, good geometry for all-round. beyond xc, the low seat tube makes it easy to lower the saddle enough to jump a bit or tackle some fast trails.
It's very cheap too

The Suntour xct fork, the crankset, the integrated shifters with brake levers, the kneecaped mechanical disc brakes, the rims and the seat post, are all quite low quality, and will start creaking under some punishment

i bought the bike because i didnt have much money, and installed a manitou fork and now i'm glad i didnt buy another hardtail, this one's very versatile and i feel other more expensive xc bikes wouldnt have felt this good anyway. I would change some parts, but nothing too urgent.

[May 23, 2013]
KogKiller

OVERALL
Strength:

Triple triangle frame is iconic. Very rigid and stiff for excellent handling and durability.

Given the price I paid for it I can't really fault it much even though it isn't perfect. The things I'd recommend you replace right away are the pedals and tires.

Excellent bike for the money if you can't get it at a discount price. It makes a great platform for bettering your MTB skills while you save up for a better bike. It looks incredibly nice with the triple triangle frame but I suggest flipping the stem over for a more aggressive XC stance. I'd also lower the bar by removing a couple rings from the steerer tube. I love the seat. It is the highest quality part of the entire bike. The first few rides really hurt my bottom but after getting it setup correctly it feels much better.

[Jul 03, 2012]
Skrufryder

OVERALL
Strength:

The FRAME. I dont think I have ever ridden any thing else that can compare to the handeling of the GT triple triangle. Stout n Super stiff. Light weight aluminium! I've ridden the older steel frames and they just kick! Wish I could afford a carbon fiber or titanium!

I gave 4 chillies for value only cus of the parts list.But at any price point I'm goin with the GT.

Awesome frame desing. Nothing else compares to the triple triangle. I look for just the frames. They are just a great platform to build anything you waant from XC,DH, I've even seen them set up trials, and dirt jumping. I do belive GT is the only company to win both the XC and DH world cup on a hard tail!

Trek 800,950,4500,6500,8000 specialized hard rock, rock hopper, stumpjumper. Giant 09 Rincon(best year for that model, Raleigh Technium Blue Crush? Super up graded Schwinn High Mountain.

[Jul 01, 2012]
Chris A.

OVERALL
Strength:

Awesome design, good welds, nice paint job and brilliant quality. Good gearshifts (on 2/3 derailieur speeds)

Uncomfortable saddle, gearshifts dont always work properly, faulty breaks, tacky shifters. Little play in the suspension

Got the bike 4 years ago and was good from the beginning. Never liked the suspension but had crisp gear changes. Until the derailieur started malfunctioning 6 months later. And then a year later the brakes failed. This was probably due to riding on the hard trails and heavy ussage and commuting. Despite the minor unreliability it made a very good bike in the city as well. My neighborhood is covered in potholes and this bike has a very smooth ride. Also has great potential on the trail. I have replaced many things on it, such as brand new front shocks, shimano 10 speed,new pedals, saddle and handlebar. Overall, works great out of the box and is very durable. Ive done over 2000 miles on it and would recommend it for anyone looking for a great starting bike that you can upgrade as you go.

Schwinn Frontier

[Jun 11, 2012]
Andrew

OVERALL
Strength:

For the price, a great entry level bike.
Brakes were solid
Frame is solid
Comfortable ride
Great Handlebar grips

Front fork was really stiff
Cant get the shifting right, (may be human error)
Components are pretty low class but its an entry level bike
Cheap walmart kenda tires

Great Bike for the price, used it for about one year. Disc and rim bent after a crash but it was pretty bad. Its a decent ride and I had fun on it. Only changing because im getting a Trek 4300. Overall a great bike for the money, you will need to adjust things alot but its a Solid bike

[May 27, 2012]
Skrufryder

OVERALL
Strength:

Well the frame is the best ever designed! You can beat on these all day!

Well the stock parts are junk, but I never buy a complet bike anyways.

I now have 3. all set up a little different. I use one as my commuter and stuffed some 700c CX wheels into it, ones set up for XC/trail, but can take a good DH run. The third is set up as a cruiser/loaner, None of wich are stock! These frames rock, the Tiwan bikes are put together better than the china ones.

Specialized rockhopper & stumpjumper,Trek 950,3700,4500 DB ht's.

© Copyright 2018 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.