GT Aggressor XC Hardtail

• Front Derailleur: Shimano TY-32

[Jun 25, 2019]
Gilz123

OVERALL
Strength:

Bought the Aggressor Comp 2018 on 30/06/2018 and put around 180km on the bike all of which were exclusively done on trails. The bike is great, it can handle blues easily, jumps and technical sections were smooth sailings for me.

As a low-end mountain bike it does have some drawbacks, the frame is solid and can handle the riding I do but the components are what truly bring it down and make it feel "cheap", the front derailleur once in a while fails to shift and the chain would always hit the frame making for a noisy ride on jumps. Regardless, as the saying goes, "you got what you paid for".

2018
[Apr 29, 2019]
Dewey

OVERALL
Strength:

The bike looks nice but that is about all it is good for. Bought the bike on 4/12/2019 and as of 4/29/2019 I have only ridden it 3 times on flat bike paths in our community. I have had to bring the bike back to Dicks twice now and the second time it was for a broken chain. When I told the bike "expert" about this and told him it was rediculous he tells me "no its not, you bought a low end bike and it should be expected". I have owned Schwinn bikes from Walmart and have had way less problems then this bike. Wish I wouldn't have bought it. Worst buy I have made in a very long time and wish I would have went with the Walmart bike instead. DO NOT BUY unless you just want to look at it or transport it to get fixed every time you use it. Horrible Bike and Horrible service at Dicks Sporting Goods. Keep in mind that once you leave the store and ride it you can not return it.

Bike is worse than the cheapest bike at Walmart. Constantly breaks

2019
[Dec 21, 2018]
Y50Varo

OVERALL
Strength:

I’ve owned this bike for 5 months and have put it to the test many times riding up the biggest fire roads, down singletrack on some very rough sections and other than a dented rear wheel (which was partly my fault for running low PSI) the bike had held up great! I have taken plenty of spills and this bike has held up to the punishment. I’m planning on converting to 1x10 and doing so because the frame is worth it

Drivetrain is prone to chain drops and chain slaps the fram constantly during downhill when not Pedalling, pedals don’t offer much grip

[Nov 23, 2018]
GMoney5515155

OVERALL
Strength:

Strength- price good (see weaknesses)

Weaknesses- Awful fork will not do what you want, Pedals have no grip, Derailleur shifts bad and breaks easily, grips tear easily, uncomfortable seat, handlebar end caps broke so fast. If you are planning to get this skip it whatsoever and get a better bike for a bit more money.

[Nov 23, 2018]
GMoney5515155

OVERALL
Strength:

Strength- price good (see weaknesses)

[Mar 19, 2018]
mike67266

OVERALL
Strength:

Price is reasonable, but the quality? See below.

Bought the bike for less than one month in California for my 12 years boy. Rode the bike for 3 times, 30 minutes each time. About one month later, found the stem cracked. We are lucky to find out this before accident happens. When we took the parts out, found out this make of very thin aluminum. GT may save 25 cents on the material, and put all the riders in danger. Stay away from GT. Thanks to Dicks Sporting Goods, they replaced the stem right away.

2018
[Apr 21, 2017]
Thomas Wagner

OVERALL
Strength:

This bike can take a savage beating & happily beg for more! Lightweight frame yet super tough!

Not much really. Yet after 10+ years of pulling 1000lbs or more all night every weekend then the bottom bracket and/or the lower frame near that area may crack or snap. Only 2 of the 8 we had did this.. So as long as you use it for what it was designed for you have an immortal bicycle.

I ride this model for 13 years (2002-2015) in my fleet of Bike Taxis in West Palm Beach, FL. Made a ton of money over the years with it. It mainly pulled a steel chariot trailer with 2 benches that comfortably held 6-8 people all across town. The GT was the preferred bike of the company. Pretty much no other bike frame could take the punishment we dished out. Specialized, Trek's, Cannondale's & the list goes on of the bicycles that could not last for more than a couple of years without the frame snapping. My friend Sean still has my bike at his place down in Florida since I left it with him as I moved back to New York State. Recently I purchased a brand spanking new GT Aggresor Pro to fulfill my biking needs up here at home!
Great company that consistently make a bad ass product.

[Sep 12, 2015]
Aldo
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

good and strong frame, good geometry for all-round. beyond xc, the low seat tube makes it easy to lower the saddle enough to jump a bit or tackle some fast trails.
It's very cheap too

The Suntour xct fork, the crankset, the integrated shifters with brake levers, the kneecaped mechanical disc brakes, the rims and the seat post, are all quite low quality, and will start creaking under some punishment

i bought the bike because i didnt have much money, and installed a manitou fork and now i'm glad i didnt buy another hardtail, this one's very versatile and i feel other more expensive xc bikes wouldnt have felt this good anyway. I would change some parts, but nothing too urgent.

[May 23, 2013]
KogKiller

OVERALL
Strength:

Triple triangle frame is iconic. Very rigid and stiff for excellent handling and durability.

Given the price I paid for it I can't really fault it much even though it isn't perfect. The things I'd recommend you replace right away are the pedals and tires.

Excellent bike for the money if you can't get it at a discount price. It makes a great platform for bettering your MTB skills while you save up for a better bike. It looks incredibly nice with the triple triangle frame but I suggest flipping the stem over for a more aggressive XC stance. I'd also lower the bar by removing a couple rings from the steerer tube. I love the seat. It is the highest quality part of the entire bike. The first few rides really hurt my bottom but after getting it setup correctly it feels much better.

[Jul 03, 2012]
Skrufryder

OVERALL
Strength:

The FRAME. I dont think I have ever ridden any thing else that can compare to the handeling of the GT triple triangle. Stout n Super stiff. Light weight aluminium! I've ridden the older steel frames and they just kick! Wish I could afford a carbon fiber or titanium!

I gave 4 chillies for value only cus of the parts list.But at any price point I'm goin with the GT.

Awesome frame desing. Nothing else compares to the triple triangle. I look for just the frames. They are just a great platform to build anything you waant from XC,DH, I've even seen them set up trials, and dirt jumping. I do belive GT is the only company to win both the XC and DH world cup on a hard tail!