Giant Revel 2 XC Hardtail

Best Price At

With a smart, durable and lightweight ALUXX aluminum frame built to optimize its 100-millimeter suspension fork, Revel offers a stable, comfortable ride. The frame tubes are engineered with a sophistication more typically seen in pricey race bikes, and each one is outfitted with quality components that make it a reliable ride.

[Nov 02, 2018]
PenisSlayer69

OVERALL
Strength:

I got this bike for Christmas, and I was so stoked to hit my local jumps. I went and it was surprising light for a 400 dollar bike. But, things that good can’t be true, so a couple rides later some things happened.

The Front Wheel always comes loose, and WHOAH That SR Suntour Fork is bad.But, overall it’s not a bad bike. Good For Beginners.

Price Paid:
2018
[Mar 23, 2017]
Paul

OVERALL
Strength:

Good all round entry level components.
Eyelets at the rear for pannier racks.
Tough frame.
Looks good.
Rides good with or with out racks.

Pedals are rubbish.
Seat uncomfortable.
Grips destroy your hands.

This is a great entry level bike from a decent company, some stock items should be replaced, I use mine for short time touring few weeks here an their. Its a tough old nut I've done about 2000miles on it hasn't missed a beat, although the rims are close to wear out from vbrake grind. My wheels need to be replaced soon, but for what it cost its a top end entry level all rounder.

Specialized rockhopper. Saracen rufftrax, Carrara Vulcananshee

[Jan 05, 2017]
Matthew Williams

OVERALL
Strength:

Easy to upgrade. Strong and durable hardware for an entry level bike. I bought this bike to replace my mountain bike. Gear changes were crisp, brakes were really sharp. Suspension....worked. Used to ride my local trails and I've been able to explore further afield. I have owned the bike for 4 years now, and I have been upgrading it into a trail hard tail bike. Dropper post added, larger flat pedals, wider handle bars and shorter stem to suit me. Changed drive chain to a 1 by 10 chain ring set up, replaced the forks with an air sprung fork. Recently had to change my front wheel, back wheel will follow in a few months.

Suntour forks are its only let down, as it is very heavy and inefficient.

It is a solid foundation of a bike. I'd like to add that the only part that broke on this bike was a chain after 3 years of use which prompted me to change the drive train set up. It is easy to add quality hardware and customise a brilliant base for someone starting up.

[Mar 17, 2015]
Amit Dewan

OVERALL
Strength:

This bike is awesome, I liked the way Giant pulled it off with providing the best in class MTB for beginners. I am on my first step of mountain biking and I have already conquered a few difficult trails in my home country. Nepal is a mountain bike haven and this bike fits right in.

None till date...the stock handle bars were heavy so I changed them with alloys ones.

Great bike for great price... u should get one too.

[Jan 27, 2014]
jordan

OVERALL
Strength:

frame, fork, and everything else

i have had this bike for 5 weeks now and i have been riding it through many tough trails, and this bike is absolutely amazing if you are trying to decide to get this bike GET IT. I have had no problems at all i have went of jumps as well and i have the 2014 version. handles well and disk brakes absolutely the best bike for its price.

[Jun 22, 2013]
Sparkie

OVERALL
Strength:

Very light, well balance. I have taking it on dirt trails with plenty of high jumps, and the bike keeps on going.

The crank is not able to take high jumps. I already bent it a bit. The front forks are not at all recommended for jumps. However with some care and precise landing you can survive. Would like to have additional gears. It seems to fall short sometimes.
However for what I paid for a second hand bike 2011 ($200) I am very impress.

I would not recommend to buy this bike new. This bike is an entry level bike, ready to advance you to the next level.
This bike will give you the same thing as a $800 bike. Once you mastered the trails and know what you really want then youll be ready to put down $1100 or more for the real thing.

[Apr 14, 2013]
Jamie Turnbow

OVERALL
Strength:

Great control, light weight and good value

None at this time

I have had my bike for about 6 months and have had no issues with it falling apart or the chain coming off. It has been off road and on the trails with no issues. I am a beginner rider but I think its a great bike for its price. If your bike is falling apart it was probably put together incorrectly.

[Dec 14, 2012]
Logan Delisle

OVERALL
Strength:

This bike had good handling and was excellent had climbing because of its drive train and mega range gear. The thumb gear switches also met my expectations because the were very easy to press and worked well.

It has a few weaknesses. The first one is that the front forks were really stiff even with the preload completely softened. I brought it back to the cycle shop where I bought it. That was at East Providence Cycle which had excellent service but they said they couldn't do anything to fix it. I will have to by an aftermarket fork. My other disclaimer is that I went for a short trail ride that was less than 2 miles long and the chain fell off 3 times. This was when I had had the bike for about 2 weeks.

This bike is good for begginners but might need some new parts.

[Sep 27, 2012]
Brian

OVERALL
Strength:

Low cost, good value, good performance for the price.

Seat is hard as a rock. I'll probably have to replace it at some point.

This is a good entry-level mountain bike for a good price. For photos and more details, check here: http://lifetricks3.com/2012-giant-revel-2-mountain-bike/

Specialized Hard Rock

[Aug 25, 2012]
JOJO

OVERALL
Strength:

Looked good. "THOUGHT" it was the perfect bike.

Handle bars fell apart. Seat also fell apart. And the gears wont change. I just got it 2 days ago and im already bringing it back.

Dont buy this bike. If you do then get it for 100$. Not 400$. And I got it from a bike shop.

• Available At