Gary Fisher Marlin Disc GS XC Hardtail

• Frame: Gold Series 6061 T6 aluminum, Genesisters G2 Geometry, butted and hydroformed tubing, cold-forged dropouts & BB
  • Wheels: Shimano M475 hubs, Bontrager Ranger disc rims, Bontrager Jones XR tires
  • Componentry: Shimano Deore front derailleur, Shimano Deore M592 Shadow rear derailleur, Shimano Deore shifters, Shimano FC-M442 crank, Avid BB5 mechanical disc brakes
  • Suspension: RockShox Dart 3, 100mm travel, custom G2 Geometry 46mm offset crown

[May 15, 2008]
Jennifer

OVERALL

This is my first mountain bike and I love it! I have had no problems riding trails at Patapsco State Park and Rockburn in Maryland. I highly recommend this bike. I also highly recommend Revolution Cycles in Georgetown, DC and Rockville, MD.

[Nov 08, 2006]
Dirt Devil

OVERALL
Strength:

Genesis Design and WSD Geometry.

Spokes, paited and chip easily.

The chainrings wear quickly.

Got this bike for my son and loves it, the WSD geometry fits smaller riders really well.

Diamondback Octane

[Dec 05, 2007]
Katy

OVERALL
Strength:

Geometry, Deore shifting

Could use more aggressive tires, Handle bar grips are rough on the hands, Saddle

I'm new to the mountain biking world and was told this would be a great beginner bike. I absolutely LOVE my bike. It handles like a dream. I think it's the geometry that works so well for me. The bike is very sturdy and feel it can handle anything I throw at it. As for the weaknesses, I think the tires could be more aggressive. I ride exclusively off road and on a few occasions felt the tires could be better. However, not bad enough for me to replace until they wear out. I think the saddle is painful but my husband as the non gs bike and says it's fine. I'll eventually swap it out. Bottom line...I'm sold on the geometry and look forward to my next ride!

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.