Diamondback Axis XC Hardtail

• Shimano 520 Clipless Pedals

[Feb 21, 2009]
drorn

OVERALL
Strength:

frame and set up

this bike are for xc ride and they do it grate

the first guy who Reviewe'd the axis is from uk and it's tottaly different bike then the axis from db usa wich is
super light and wonderful, like mine!

db response 06

[Jan 26, 2009]
sniffsdad

OVERALL
Strength:

Stiff and responsive frame, without being too rigid as many alluminium based frames are. Nice paint finish. Hydroformed 6061 tubes. Nice plush Rockshox and quality components. Crudcatcher mounts fitted. Incredible bargain price. Effectively buying an XT groupset and Recon forks with a free frame.
A very nice bike for cross country leisure use, with a healthy turn of pace when required. Positive and confidence boosting feedback on fast and knarly decents.

Feels a tad heavier than I expected it to be, but I come from the old school where lightweight was everything. I bought the 20 inch frame as I am 5' 11" and have long legs. The bike came with a 125mm stem and has a 595mm top tube. This meant that on my first ride out, the streatch was so excessive that I had to move the seat forward so much that it was inefficient when pedaling. I was ready to transfer all the components to a "Dirty Joe" race frame I have. I fitted a 70mm stem, and all was well. If I had gone for an 18" frame, I suspect that the seatpost could have been too short for me. If you are well over 6", this frame would fit.

At the price I paid, I couldn't go wrong. I have got a very good bike with very good components. A lockout on the forks would be nice, but this causes no problems when out riding. Diamondback are no longer one of the most popular makes, but I would recommend this bike to anyone for this price. I would even pay the extra £300 for it as advertised elsewhere.

GT Avalanche, Verlicchi, Orange Clockwork, Orange Formular, Orange P7, Orange Prestige, Orange E2, Orange E3, Scott Purgatory, Dirty Joe Full Creme

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.