Cube Bikes Acid XC Hardtail

To withstand daily use and the quality that goes along with that is the core of our Comp-series. The models in the Comp-series are best suited for sporty hobby riders, who like riding in nature. The frames of the Comp series bikes are mainly built from high quality heat treated 7005 aluminium. This type of aluminium has a long lifespan and is corrosion resistant. A cross oversized profiled down tube and welded gussets to minimize stress on the headtube are guarantees for a stabile handling frame with a long life and a high fun factor. The RFR geometry confirms the tour character, the top tube is shortened a bit to create a more relaxed position on the bike. Don‘t let this fool you, the Comp series are just as agile and ready to race as the Pro series. The clean and tidy cable routing underneath the down tube keeps the cables clean and can‘t wound the rider. All models in the Comp series are prepared to mount racks and disc brakes when they are not part of the standard specifications. Well balanced with a comfortable geometry, a safe feeling and high quality characterise our Comp series models. These positive aspects make them reliable partners for all your adventures. The choice between the Aim with v-brakes, the Attention with hydraulic rim brakes or the Analog with lockout is up to you. You might possibly even choose the Acid because of the discbrakes and lockout.

[Nov 18, 2013]
learner
Downhiller

OVERALL
Strength:

Quality
bomb-proof frame
excelent components
tires

I din't find any.

I got this for 4 months, and i love it. I learned many things on it. This bike can do 6foot/2m drops, but fork will bottom out. The wheels are amazing, i jump this bike so much, drops to flat, jumps on stairs and they are still true. I am riding this bike for 5 months activly almost every day and the tires have really good grip in wet conditions, but they are worn outh now.The shimano xt equipment works really nice, and shifts with no problems. Brakes hmm, in beginning i didn't like them cause of their braking force i tought that they are really bad you can't eaven do stoppie or endo, i was wrong, yeah i know they don't break like XT or RTX brakes but for me they are excelent for beginners. Sometimes when riding fast down stairs the chain will come off, but you can allways buy a chain-guide or some shimano shadow plus rear mech, to be real yeah i makes lot of noise when going on rough descent but it will take it with no problem. Fork on 2013 model hmm i don't like so much i don't know is it only in my case but my RS XC 32 air model makes a lot of noise. I would like to see tapered head tube on new models . I am really amazed what this bike can take, every day i do drops (1.5m) on it, and ride down stairs and everything is in great condition. Maybe your firs upgrades that i would recommend are lighter fork and front wheel, beside the brakes if you don't like them. Due to 6 months of hard use i feel that i need to bleed my brakes.

Gt avalanche 1.0
Trek 8300

[Oct 27, 2011]
Moabrider

OVERALL
Strength:

Almost everything

Maybe fork? I got mine with RockShox Recon Silver tk...

So far Iam very pleased with Acid-it is strong bike,very managable and agile,climbs are excellent,downhills too...
I am still under impression of my old Moab 3 but Acid seems better in many ways...

Cube Analog,Schwinn Moab 3

[Sep 14, 2011]
Reghie

OVERALL
Strength:

Fast on climbs
Good quality components
Comfortable on long rides

My unit came with a "spiky" alloy pedal

I've been searching for my next bike and I'm looking for a set-up that I don't need to upgrade to perform to my expectations. I found it on the Cube Acid, the set-up delivered what it was intended for. Great value.

Jamis XC 2.0
Raleigh Diablo Pro

[Jul 13, 2011]
Bob

OVERALL
Strength:

Light
Fast
Good Quality Parts

Quite Stiff
Forks are Ok, but not great

I`m very impressed with my Cube Acid. It has very good build quality, looks fantastic and is very fast, both climbing and on level ground. The ride position is much more comfortable than any other bike i have ridden before due to the frame being a good 3 or 4 inches longer than my old bike. The seat is very comfortable too, so its ideal for longer rides.

[Jun 18, 2008]
Paradaz

OVERALL
Strength:

Lightweight
A lot for your money
Strong Wheels
Quality Disk Brakes
Remote Lockout on Forks with blowout

80mm Forks - easily bottomed

Great value components for the price and a nice lightweight frame.
The frame isn't anything to shout about but it has nice tidy welds. There isn't really anything on the bike that is a cost-cutter. A good selection of components including Shimano hubs and disc brakes, quality scape seat and seatpost.

The bike is great in the climb and fast cross-country, the tyres are 2.1" but aren't too knobbly when on the road. If anyone is considering the Cube Acid, go for it - you won't be disappointed and the first bike I'd consider a 'looker'....everyone stops and stares with this and has the performance to match.

Giant XTC SE
Kona Cindercone

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.