Giant Anthem X W 29er Womens

Implementing Liv/giant’s 3F philosophy (Fit, Form, Function), the Anthem X 29er W was designed for one reason: to bring the performance advantages of larger 29-inch wheels to women. The geometry and component selection on the lightweight ALUXX SL frame is optimized for the female rider. The Maestro Suspension is tuned to make the most of 29-inch wheels. And the frame technologies, including the OverDrive headtube, MegaDrive downtube and PowerCore bottom bracket, lend it a fast yet stable feel on any type of XC terrain.

• RockShox Reba 29 RL with QR15 thru-axle, OverDrive steerer suspension fork and RockShox Monarch RT rear shock
  • SRAM X.7/X.9 componentry
  • Avid Elixir 5 hydraulic disc brakes
  • Giant P-XC29 2 rim/Giant Tracker (QR15) F/R hubs, DT Swiss Competition spokes, wheelset
  • Color: Satin Black/Bright Red/White

[May 11, 2015]
jmowatt

OVERALL
Strength:

price . specs. weight , 29er

brakes

super deal great spec (less brakes) very smooth very light rolls everything , stock was like 26 lbs, nice women spec

trek specialized

[Apr 08, 2013]
Sara

OVERALL
Strength:

Amazing 29er that fits my 5' frame

Upgrade the wheels, seat, drivetrain

I test rode this bike this weekend. Much like the 4'11" chick reviewing the 4W, I am 5' and replacing my Pivot Mach 4.
This bike was amazing. I climbed hills that I never would have cleared with my Pivot at the end of the year last year and it was only my 3rd ride this year! From short punchy ups to long gradual climbs, I was faster. Logs have always been my enemy, now I'll be doing more and walking less!
Day 2 was a fast tight single track day and this bike did just fine.
The rock shock suspension will be a happy change after the fast wearing fox that I will be giving up.
The suspension ate up the downs. I read men's reviews that wanted more travel, but as long as I'm not hucking off of big drops I'll be fine on this bike.
I'm sold.

Pivot Mach 4, Titus Racer X

[Aug 28, 2012]
Linda Tolman

OVERALL
Strength:

Rolls over everything, goes fast, smooth peddling, feels really comfortable, love the look of the bike

The minute I got on this bike, it felt like it was made just for me. It is so comfortable to ride. I couldn't get over how much faster I could ride and how easily it went over the rocks and roots. I LOVE IT!!!!! P.S. this was a 60th birthday present. I am a Mother of 5 and Grandmother of 8.

[Aug 06, 2012]
Meghan

OVERALL
Strength:

Momentum. descending. climbing (yes, climbing), smooths bumps. eats up the technical. The Maestro suspension feels so effective.

Aluminum alloy frame instead of carbon. Lower-end components

I am only 4'11", though I usually claim 5. I have been riding/racing for 12 years and always have been limited in which frames I can buy because of my lack of height. Previously riding a Pivot Mach4. Never thought I'd find a 29er to fit me so had resigned myself to just being slower than everyone else around me. I didn't get to demo this bike but just checked it out at the shop before I bought it. I was amazed that I actually had stand over. The fit is great. Went with a stem with some negative rise to get me in more of a forward, aggressive position.

The bike weighs in at exactly 29 pounds. The 0 model weighs 24. The frames are the same weight on each model. I am upgrading the wheels for less rotational weight and will upgrade parts to save weight here and there. However, I have ridden the bike all week. It doesn't feel like a 29 pound bike. I actually climb better because the wheel keeps contact with the ground and maintains the momentum. The downhill feels so smooth and stable. You wouldn't even have to change anything to enjoy riding this bike. It's awesome!

I can't say enough good things about this bike. If you are a petite woman in the market for a 29er, buy it and never look back. If enough of us buy one maybe Giant will realize there is a market for a smaller 29er and make it in carbon. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Titus Racer-X xxs, Pivot Mach 4 xxs, Titus Moto-lite xs

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.