Van Nicholas Revelstoke Plus bikes

The Revelstoke is our all-mountain marathon machine, featuring new, wider 110mm front and 148mm rear hubs creating a larger spoke triangle base for improved wheel stiffness and exceptional handling. Whether you choose to ride extra wide 27.5”+ tyres for incredible grip or 29” tyres, it delivers stunning performance in every format.

[Nov 17, 2019]
EBikesSuk

OVERALL
Strength:

This thing is awesome! Custom built by me, including building the 27+ wheels myself: a pair of WTB Scraper i45 rims and Schwalbe 2.8" Rocket Rons, DT Swiss & Cannondale Lefty 73 hubs, an Lefty Olaf, 100mm PBR, a complete XT 3 x 10 Groupset with Metal brake pads. Everything else is from Tune except for the titanium seatpost. I even use quick release so that I can use it as a trailbike too. High quality frame and very solid. But forgiving in rock gardens and high-speed descends, climbs perfectly. I´ve also tried 29er Wheels with 2.2 tires and they are exactly as tall as the fat 27.5 x 3.0" tires. They are subjectively faster on the flats ´cuz they´re lighter.

If you´re a Weight Weenie you won´t like a 5 pound frame. I would not condone using a super-light XC-Racing fork with this frame: You´ll probably rip it in-half! Something like a Pike, Lefty, DT Swiss OPM, etc. is more capable. With a 71deg. Head angle, long-travel forks will not work.

Price Paid:
€2000 Frame only
Purchased:
New
Model Year:
2018

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.