Scott Genius 720 Plus FS Plus bikes

• Shimano SLX Disc Brakes

[Aug 25, 2016]
hello

OVERALL
Strength:

Remote suspension and drop post with remote. Climbs like a beast. 140 mm front and 130 mm rear travel. Looks sharp = lots of compliments

Dropper post creaks (could be due to my wt. 225 lbs), lower bottom bracket = pedal strikes even in high frame setting, stock grips, 30.5 lbs., stock seat, stock tires (defective rear that schwalbe replaced for free)

Over all, this is a fun bike to ride. Handles like a dream and is very forgiving. First ride out and the thing literally took off over the first jump without effort. The landing was super smooth. I noticed some bounce when pedaling up hill in high gear even with the suspension in "climb setting". I believe it was due to the larger tire and the fact I run it at 18 psi. I was able to reduce this by switching to a lower gear which dampened the effect. It will scream downhill if you let it. The stock tires tend to have trouble slipping on wetter trails.

2011 Kona Hei Hei 2-9 cross-country

[Jan 09, 2016]
Jim

OVERALL
Strength:

3" tires. Adjust suspension on the fly. Dropper post. Love the wide bars

None so far

Just picked this bike up last month and only a couple of rides so far but one ride on ice and snow and frozen trail and it performed liked I hoped, it was able to climb up anything no matter what the trail was. I never lost traction climbing or on slick turns. Wheels spun up quickly for as big as they are. Bike is a little heavy but I never felt it climbing. Suspension is very plush once set up to Fox specs, I recommend visiting their website for specs on setting up the suspension. I'm currently running 12 psi in the tires and no problem with pinch flat or hitting the rim, I have not converted them to tubeless but I will. Plan to covert to a 1X in near future but fun with 2X in the snow. This bike could be your all day everyday bike

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.