Salsa Cycles Timberjack 27.5 HT Plus bikes

Timberjack is aluminum hardtail mountain bike that’s equally at home pushing the limits on singletrack or bikepacking to places you’ve yet to discover. Timberjack features fast-handling geometry, and clearance for either 29” or 27.5+ wheels and tires. Super short chainstays aid in nimble scrambling; up, down, and in and out of turns. Alternator Dropouts facilitate diverse drivetrain setups and emergency ‘just gotta get back to the trailhead’ gearing.

[Mar 26, 2019]
Bobcanride

OVERALL
Strength:

Took a star off cuz five stars is just too good, like my sworks ss. I have it set up for the desert in Mexico, with 2.8 Maxis Dh monsters so it rides like my jeep. As long as I can push the pedals it holds on and stays the course. It's Pink! The price was reasonable, and so far the package is holding up. Buy nice or buy twice!

Overall weight is heavy, for me it a training bike, and maybe a bike packing bike. So no big deals

Price Paid:
Purchased:
New
Model Year:
2018
[Feb 05, 2017]
pascale27

OVERALL
Strength:

frame geo, drivetrain, wheels, tires....overall finish of bike, looks like a more expensive bike

brakes, grips, seat

first ride on the TJ today (27+) stock build, did 15+ miles on my home trail network.

Ride impressions: I played with the psi a bit and settled on 14(with tubes), happy medium between traction and enough air to keep momentum. Plan on converting to tubeless soon. Bike handles great, fairly agile(I think it'll be even better after dropping the tubes). Drivetrain was fairly crisp, gearing choice was perfect for me. Rocket Rons really shine in a plus size, corner well and roll fast. Brakes are ok (gotta skimp somewhere on a $1400 build), I'll ne replacing them with XTs soon. The fork was a surprise to me...performs like my '12 Reba RL just heavier. Cockpit parts are nice, although I'll be replacing the grips and seat ASAP. Overall I'm very pleased with this bike and feel it's a ton of bike for $1400. The finish and overall look is of a bike that's more expensive(several riders today were surprised by the list price)