RSD Sergeant 27.5+ Plus bikes

The Sergeant is equipped with the latest Boost forks, and tactical mix of great parts from RaceFace, SRAM and Easton. With its 73mm BB ready to accommodate growing tire sizes, and the simplicity of the 1X setup with Narrow-Wide ring, it’s more than capable of making every incursion into your rowdiest trails a real blast.

[Dec 15, 2016]
Tuckersdad
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Good build for price, solid wheelset -- great customer service

Hmm... haven't found many. Didn't have braze-ons for racks as shown in stock photos.. if that is a negative?

Have about 100 miles on mine. I purchased mine during the year end sale, so got a great deal on it. Fun ride, nice geometry, great looking bike that gets a lot of questions. Like the wheelset, not the lightest but a factory wheelset from Sun-Ringle -- no off brand hub laced with straight spoke to a nice rim like you get from most and is already taped for tubeless from the factory. X9 is a solid performer, have had it on a few and has never let me down, although an 11 speed might be on the way. Really have no complaint so far. One thing you may want to change is the rear cassette to an XT or similar, the one that comes on it, although shifts well and looks great is a boat anchor, a solid weight savings is available here. I have been bashing this thing through Michaux in PA and love it so far.

[Jul 10, 2016]
Skrool
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Light. Outstanding quality. Very nice geometry. Boost rear-end. Threaded BB. Versatile setup options.

Absolutely none.

My review is for the Ti Sergeant set up as a 29+. This bike is 'thee' bike I have always dreamed of---if it only existed. But now I no longer have to dream, it DOES exist, and now I have the type of ride that I'd always, always wanted to experience. This bike has to be the most fun and versatile bike I have thus far owned. Running with the 3.0 tires actually makes it 'feel' like it is a suspension bike over normal chatter and small bumps just disappear beneath it. Literally, it absorbs everything up to medium size chatter just like my Knolly full sus. So it's a WHOLE NEW TAKE on what a hardtail CAN BE! PURE FUN!

With the boost rear end, I have ample chain-line to grab my e-13 / 9-44 cassette running with Raceface Turbine Cinch cranks set up with 30t ring. Currently running a Manitou Magnum 29+ fork and I have to say it provides ride quality similar to forks double, if not tripple the price.

My bike weighs in at 26 pounds including KS Lev dropper and Hope Tech 3 E-4 Brakes with braided lines.

This bike rails uphill, and the massive traction from the 3.0 Bontrager Chupacabra's allows me to ride this bike like a demon over just about anything whilst maintaining great stability. Also, the threaded BB is creak free and the Ti frame simply has to be seen in person to be appreciated. I am thoroughly overjoyed with this bike.

Also, Alex, the owner and designer of this company is a very helpful and very nice person to deal with, and he offers one on one interaction both before and after purchase. I only wish MORE people KNEW about this hidden gem of a bike. The Ti version can be set up three ways : 27.5+, regular 29er, and 29+. The rollover with My setup [29+] allows for outstanding ride characteristics, and though you might think it would slow you down on the ups, it's just the opposite : Once these wheel get rolling, they like to keep--on--rolling and that is exactly why it's so fun to ride this thing on the UPS as well as the downs.

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.