Niner Bikes ROS 9 Plus bikes

The first trail-bike style, short chainstay, big tire hardtail is all Niner and all fun. Based on our wildly popular long travel hardtail geometry, the ROS 9 Plus delivers miles of shreddy riding. The bike features short chainstays for a playful feel (437mm at 9 o’clock BB position), while accommodating 3.0 tires for the ultimate in traction and plushness. The 29 Plus platform is the most versatile of the big-tire options – great for off season riding and a functional daily driver – and now we’ve made the most fun version of this platform available.

The ROS 9 Plus is made with 4130 ChroMoly, the go-to material for high abuse applications since the early days of off-road bikes. The tubeset offers the durability and ride quality you want for rowdy rides. Complemented by custom forged 142x12 maxle compatible dropouts in the rear, the frame is designed to resist twist under heavy pedal loads and when cornering and descending. The frame also features high quality details such as internal and external dropper routing, removable cable guides and custom forged seat and chainstay bridges.

[Jun 09, 2016]
t-ruh

OVERALL
Strength:

Nice balanced feeling to the handling.
can descend faster than you think.
Great color.
Tires have ridiculous (stupid) traction in all conditions.
Very fun to stand and hammer when you climb.

no suspension fork. heavy compared to skinny 29er hardtail.

My son and I have (2) santa cruz tallboys. He has alloy Tallboy 1, I have Tallboy 2C. We are very happy with the tallboys. we were looking for something which my son can bike pack with and ride the local (rolling) single track. He wanted to move away from the full-sus and simplify a bit. We don't have serious tech in this area, most of the riding is relatively smooth and flowy single track.

This bike is so much more capable & fun than what we expected. This thing can really climb and when you point it downhill, it really flies. IT IS AMAZING how the 29+ tires can absorb and reduce the trail chatter. We are both 6'-2" and the 29" plus tires seem fine to push. Yes they feel heavier than our tallboys, but when you get this bike cruising, it is a steamroller. Very responsive handling, predictable and a real thrill on the downhills. It's amazing how you can (confidently) lean the bike over in fast descends and the tires just hook up and grip through the corners.

I really like how this bike fits my frame. I'm 6'-2" and weigh 225 lbs. I have 35-36" inseams and the bike fits me great. My arms are a bit on the long side and I fit a 36" sleeve dress shirt. We bought the XL and the size fits me great.

With the 3.0 tires, you need to get the tire pressure just right. My son (weighs 170) and he runs 12 psi front 13 in the rear. I run about 13 in front and 15 in the back.

Overall, very impressed with the bike. When it's smooth and flowy, this bike with keep up to the tallboy. Where it gets rough the tallboys simply can handle the chatter better. We have ridden the bike at least 3-4 times per week for the last month & are very happy with it.

Highly recommend.

[Nov 25, 2015]
ElBorracho62

OVERALL
Strength:

Niner quality and design.... Climbs like a angry goat,awesome nimble handling on almost every surface... Just a blast to ride,turns heads and peaks peoples interest.

The stock Hugo wheels weren't a great fit for this bike..a 3 inch tire on a 52mm wheel isn't the best option ....Niner missed a little using these for OE but that's the only gripe I have

I purchased mine a few months ago and have fell in love.. My jet 9 carbon has been sitting in the garage since...aside from an all mountain or DH run I can't think of anything that this bike wouldn't be a blast to ride on... I'm looking forward to my first bike packing trip on this bad boy...

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.