Jamis Dragonslayer Plus bikes

Best Price At

[Mar 03, 2017]
Daniel

OVERALL
Strength:

Great do it all bike. Lots of room for bikepacking bags in frame triangle. Low gearing. Sliding Dropouts.

Heavy. Front wheel wanders on climbs.

I bought this bike for more mellow riding and some bikepacking trips. It is setup stock perfectly for those purposes. I am 5'9" and riding a 19" frame. I dropped down to a 60mm stem and it fits well but is on the larger side. I do have some problems keeping the front wheel down when it gets steep. The short stem doesn't help this but it seems manageable with some technique refinement. The frame does have room for a Large Revelate Designs frame bag which is nice. It also includes a triple bolt bottle mount on the downtube which is convenient for extra capacity. The drivetrain is pretty basic but the 2X system provides great gearing for loaded down trips and for those like me who are a little out of shape. The bike does seem heavy at times but I think that is the nature of the beast for a plus tire steel hardtail. I could throw money at carbon parts to help the cause but it is what it is. I look forward to utilizing this bike more in the future and think that I will eventually try out a rigid fork and single speed to mix things up.

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.