Guerrilla Gravity Pedalhead Plus bikes

• Custom SmashMoly square-profile steel tube stock
  • Laterally and torsionally stiff, yet vertically compliant for trail chatter
  • Roomy cockpit designed for wide bars and short stems
  • Run 27.5 Plus tires or 29ers; maybe even get both wheelsets!
  • Custom seat tube allows for a more natural cockpit feel

[Jul 01, 2019]
Tjay

OVERALL
Strength:

I bought frame only and built it with the parts I already have. The frame weighs in at 6.06 lbs and that's with seat clamps, dropper post cable brackets and bolts, RD hanger and thru-axle. I think that's pretty good weight although GG website says 5.8 lbs for size S1. Frame is very compliant going over chattery stuff. You can pick up speed without holding back. The bike can take it without getting tossed around. The frame has a unique feel to it that sometimes you would think you have a rear suspension until you hit a bigger square edge roots/rocks and you'll be quickly reminded that you're on a hardtail. The bike is also very agile, quick in transition and likes to boost off of stuff. Very easy to pop a manual or hop over stuff without over working yourself. Steep STA that makes climbing very efficient. The position above the BB is so natural with every power stroke to the cranks gets transferred to the wheels without wasted energy, and in papers, the STA is only 74 degrees but it feels steeper than my 75 degree '19 Marin SQ2 even though I have 542mm a2c. Obviously, technical climbing requires a lot of body fore-aft movement but I'm still able to do without too much drama. Don't get me wrong, the frontend feels light and it will wander but a quick weight shift fix this as long as you have gas gas in the tank. ;) My complete build weighs in at 28.5 lbs and this is with Vittoria Airliner insert in the rear, Baron/Hydra wheelset, Pike 150 27.5, PNW Cascade 125 dropper post, 780 Nukeproor Carbon Horizon 38mm rise, 35mm stem 2.8 Butcher and Rocket Ron. Great frame! I'd recommend to anyone looking for a compliant aggressive hardtail.

Seat tube can only fit max insertion 150-160mm. So if you plan to use your 150mm travel on your S1, good luck! I can only fit 125mm max and I have an inseam of 30.6" with 170mm crank.

Price Paid:
Purchased:
New
Model Year:
2019

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.