Trailcraft Pineridge 24 Aluminum Kids

Kids, no longer be held back by a heavy bike and feel free to leave all of your friends (even parents) in the dust with the Trailcraft Cycles Pineridge 24.

The secret to the amazing ride quality of this bike is the geometry, and high quality lightweight components. Each frame is hand built in small batches with double butted 7005 aluminum tubing, forged dropouts, and post-mount disc brake mounts both front and rear. Total weight for complete bike is approximately 22lbs.

[Sep 06, 2016]
Bill

OVERALL
Strength:

High quality components everywhere....even tubless rims. Kids specific geometry. Lightweight....the lightest from all that I have researched.

uuhhhh....price but you get what you pay for.

Love it! Great bike geometry with great components...even tubeless rims. I am one of those guys who enjoy researching a lot before buying products, and I love high end, quality products specially when dealing with bikes. I am an avid mountain biker who is so stoked that my son wanted to ride with me. It took me a while to find trailcraft on the web but I am so glad I did. My son loved his ride and was able to ride lOnger and cleared stuff he wasn't before. We are both super stocked with the new ride. Awesome customer service. Ride on!

[Apr 13, 2016]
Michael

OVERALL
Strength:

Great package for my 8 turning 9 year old. Lightweight, climbs great.

None.

The short chain stay does make a difference, I looked at a Norco(the 6-700$ range) and as mentioned a long bike. I would say I hesitated with the price, but then thought about my son struggling on his specialized mtb, and just did it. In a selfish way I had a much better ride also. My son is a little guy, hitting scales at 52lbs. Sometimes you have to realize we are only here once, and they grow fast "dad, this bike pedals so much easier, and it shifts gears so easy". I was smiling watching him make climbs(those 24 inch wheels rolling over the rocks and roots) his other bike wouldnt come close, whole lot of walking up hill before-not fun for either of us. He did the foresthill loop trail, about 11 miles today, and was smiling at the end. Ginger is great to deal with, great business to support. I am excited to get back into mtb with him, talking and hanging out together on a beautiful single track trail, priceless.

Nothing similar out there.

[Feb 26, 2016]
Ian Anderson

OVERALL
Strength:

-Quality build
-Lightweight
-proportional geometry
-quality components
-easy to build

-it's not a cheap kids bike (not really a weakness)

I just bought a Pineridge 24 for my 8-year-old daughter and so far we've been really pleased with it. The folks at Trailcraft were a pleasure to work with and the bike showed up just two days after I ordered it (we live in Colorado). I've built a handful of bikes in my time, but this was by far the easiest. I just had to install the handlebars, brakes, shifter, grips and pedals and it was good to go. The shifting was dialed and even the brakes were bled perfectly. Trailcraft went the extra mile and included tubeless valve stems and even an extra derailleur hanger. We went with the 1X setup I think it's perfect. My kids always seem to struggle with shifting and having all the gears on one thumb really simplifies it. My daughter only weighs about 50 pounds and she can actually compress the RST fork--a first for her on any bike. She was so excited to ride it that she took it out in 7 degree weather the other morning. We haven't had a chance to give it a proper off road test, but I'm confident that with the bike's weight, geometry and quality components, it's going to dramatically improve her experience riding in places like Fruita and Moab (which means Mom and Dad will have a lot more fun too).

True, this bike costs more than double most other kids bikes, but we felt like it's a worthwhile investment. My daughter will get at least two years out of it, then my son and then we'll be able to resell it no problem.

I did a lot of homework on kids bikes and this was the clear choice. Weight was one of the most important considerations for me and this bike wins in that category, hands-down.

[Nov 22, 2015]
matt

OVERALL
Strength:

light, great components, great geometry for kids

I bought 2 of these with nobody to pass them down to (I have twin 7 year olds only) and have absolutely no regrets about spending the money. If you're an avid mountain biker and want to pass this love on to your children, they need a bike that will allow them to enjoy this sport the way that it's meant to be experienced. At 7 years old, kids are highly impressionable. If I can put them on a bike that will allow them to ride another 30 minutes per ride, climb a slightly steeper gradient without walking, and clean technical sections that they couldn't clear with a 30 pound bike, then I will do this all day long. I want them to love this sport as much as I do. I've had these bikes now for 2 months and have had incredible family time, riding longer and more enjoyable rides with the family.
I have them set up with the 2x10 gearing for steeper trails and I'm really happy with this. The bike shifts perfectly and love the tubeless set up. The frame geometry is ideal for kids that want to try technical trials. The shorter chain stays allow them to get over rocks and roots better than other 24 inch bikes.
I highly recommend this bike.

[Jun 03, 2015]
ChristopheRallon

OVERALL
Strength:

Weight, concept (quality components, wheels, brakes,..), handling. It opens an entire new world for the kids.

Can't think of anything. Really none at all.

We were disappointed in what the market had to offer for kids once they go to a 20 or 24" wheel size. Kids have to live with bikes that are half or more of their body weight. Imagine you had to go on trails with a bike that weighs 80 pounds or more.

And then we discovered, end of last year, that Trailcraft existed. The more I read about it, the more I got excited because it seemed to be exactly all the things I wished it would be: lightweight, quality components, good wheelset,.. and it looked beautifull as well.
Once we decided to buy one for our 8 year old daughter, we were really having high hopes & high expectations.

But once it arrived, it didn't disappoint at all. We got a blue one, and it looked really good.
It is basically a high-end hardtail, with great components, in a 24" version. It is exactly what you would wish for yourself when you go and select your own dream-bike.
It was obvious, out-of-the-box, that everything it promised to be on paper was there. It is really light (21.12 lbs without pedals, we had it set-up in a 1x10 configuration) and the quality is there.

But what pleased us most was the experience on the trails. After a few months riding now, it is clear that the kids benefit as much from the excellent handling of the bike, as they do from the lightweight aspect.

It is a pleasure to see her go on the trails and she can now go everywhere where we go. Her comfort level has grown visibly with each ride. And as a family, you can share so much more while biking. Where before a ride might have been a struggle for the kids, now it seems to be a breeze. They can climb without difficulties, they can choose their lines, go over rough terrain,.. it is all there for them to enjoy. This bike makes them really happy little mountain bikers.

As far as the price is concerned, I suspect most of the first buyers are avid bikers and are used to spend a decent amount on their own bikes. As parents you probably want to offer the same for your kids if you can. But for those who are hesitant because of the price-tag, you can also look at it like this: I would rather pay 1700$ for this bike and share quality time with the family (and let them further and better evolve in sports and outdoors things) than to buy a new 700$ iPad every two years. Nothing against the iPad or so, but to me it seems that people don't think very long about spending money on such items. In reality, this bike will give you and your kids much more in return for the investment. It is time at that age that you can share only once in your life with your children.

Finally nothing but good about the easy and helpful communication from Ginger from Trailcraft.

As a summary: we are very happy that we decided to buy this bike, and we would do it all over again. I would recommend it to anyone hoping to improve the mountain-biking experience for your kids (and the whole family)

[May 04, 2015]
wellcraft

OVERALL
Strength:

Well built bike with great components and very light at only 22 pounds.

NONE

I would like to take the opportunity to do a well deserved review on a Trailcraft 24 mtb.

I've been researching for a nice 24 mtb for my 8-year-old boy for a few month. Previously he had a Trek M60 and it weighed a ton, he didn't like it and was struggling so I knew I needed something light enough. I started looking for a full suspension bike but those are too heavy for him as he only weighs about 54 pounds (he is a skinny kid) and the components weren't that great for the price. I asked a few questions here in mtbr and checked other threads on different forums. By the information I gathered and some pm's with memebers from this forum I decided to go with a hardtail.

The main thing I was looking for was a light bike, thumb shifters and better components. My son hated and couldn't work the twist shifters from the Trek.

I learned about other brands I never heard of that looked really nice but for the price I wasn't going to get a great bike so my first pick was the Trailcraft Pineridge 24 because is a dedicated youth bike with a great geometry and components and best of all LIGHT, did I mentioned is LIGHT?. At just 22 pounds, hydraulic disc brakes, Shimano components, ZTR Crest wheels and Schwalbe tires, RST First 24 air fork I knew that was the bike. If I want to go a bit lighter I could go tubeless which I'll be doing soon as the wheel set is tubeless ready.

Guys, this is a high end bike, I actually weighed the bike and it did weigh 22 pounds as claimed without pedals. With pedals it weighed 22.5 pounds and that was with tioga mini spyder platform pedals I had for his bmx racing bike that we never used as he is using clipless pedals.

We went to the trails as me and my son couldn't wait to try the bike, he was so exited and so happy with the bike, I never gave him any details of the bike so he didn't know it was a lighter bike.

Wow, the first thing he said when we started riding was that the bike was so light, smooth and responsive compared to the Scott we bought for him to start on a 24 (I wasn't that happy with that bike), the thumb shifters were an absolute hit. He hated the twist shifters from all his previous bikes including the Scott so that was a great thing also as I was looking for that upgrade. He is very comfortable in the seating position thanks to the kid's size Velo saddle. He was also complaining about his butt hurting. We usually spend about 2 hours on the trails and he hasn't complained not even once.

My wife is 4'8" and loved the bike too and the saddle. She has a Trek 4200 xs size and she now prefers the Trailcraft bike. She said that if my son doesn't go to the trails for some reason she would be using his bike over hers. As you can see this is not just for kids, it could be also for small size petite ladies.

He is into bmx racing and doing very well, he won first place in a 2014 gold cup in Rock Hill SC so he knows bikes and he's been doing mtb for about 3 years now. Thats how he knows how to give me feedback when it comes to bikes as I always trying to tune or find the perfect gear when he goes to race. He will be starting mtb racing this May so I'm expecting him to do very well at that race thanks to this light and nimble mtb. He shouldn't have any problem other than dealing with more experience mtb kids.

They offer an aluminum 24, titanium 24 even lighter than the aluminum one and they are working on a 26 version now. That probably would be my son's next bike when he outgrows the 24.

About Ginger, the owner and mastermind of TC or Trailcraft Cycles, trailcraftcycles.com, When I first spoke to her I had so many question and she was able to answer all of them. The whole process was very smooth, she replied to each and every email I sent her quickly. Once I spoke with her over the phone we continued communicating via email. She is awesome, super nice, she takes the time to explain and reply to every question and she really knows this stuff pretty well.

I placed the order for a green bike and she got back to me to make sure the order was correct and to let me know she got the order. Shipping was very quick, I place the order Friday and told me she was going to ship the bike on Monday as it was already a weekend. On Monday, the first email I got was the tracking number and to my surprise it was here by Thursday, she is in Colorado and I'm in Georgia, I was so happy and excited, my wife told me that it looked like the bike was for me .

The box she uses to pack the bike is a heavy duty cardboard box with a lot of protection throughout the bike, there isn't a chance for that bike to get scratched, she even put a cardboard between the bike/frame and the front wheel.

She also includes an envelope with step by step instruction on how to take the bike out of the box and how to put it together. That's nice as I never seen that on the other new bikes I have purchased in the past.

I am very PLEASED with the bike and I feel that my money was WELL spent as this is an investment for me, my wife and my son as we are going to enjoy even more mtb'ing together. He is having so much more fun on the bike and his riding has progressed so much more than his heavier Scott bike. We will be creating great memories and more importantly enjoy the time together by doing something we all love to do.

I would like to clarify that I don't know her and that I don't work for her, i'm just another super happy customer. I'm doing this review because it is a great bike and people need to know there is a mtb youth specific bike with great components and very lightweight and it deserves to be considered when looking and researching for a youth mountain bike.

I can assure that you won't be disappointed with the product and with Ginger, the mastermind behind this bike. She'll take care of you, she believes in her product and she is very proud of it and I want to THANK her here by posting this review.

You built an awesome bike and I'm a very happy to own a Trailcraft Pineridge 24 and to be your customer.

I hope people looking for a mtb for your kids give them a chance. I know she would be more than happy to answer any question.

[Mar 24, 2015]
JMD123JMD

OVERALL
Strength:

Everything about this bike and the purchase experience has far exceeded my expectations. I was initially a bit hesitant to buy a non mainstream manufactured bike, but after speaking to ginger and her quick, friendly and accurate response I decided to roll the dice and I'm really happy I did. And of course my 8 year old daughter is even happier. The bike shipped right on time and it was exactly what we were looking for. A real mountain bike with a reasonable weight that a kid could ride it up a hill. It has a real front shock, disk brakes, and surprisingly it shifts smoother than my bike with Shimano XT. The paint was REALLY Nice. We chose the green, and the pictures do not do it justice. My daughter has been talking tougher and tougher hills both technically and from an endurance stand point since the bike has arrived. The only modifications I have made to it is I shorten the handle bars, and went tubeless on the wheels. Im actually thinking about adding a dropper post.

If your even considering buying this bike, stop considering and buy it.

[Jan 04, 2015]
Pete

OVERALL
Strength:

Size, Weight, Components.

None so far.

My sons (8 & 10 years old) have been riding the Pineridge 24 for the last 6 months. We have ridden all types of trails from Mountain to desert single track. It was clear to me (and them) that this bike made them better riders immediately. The compact geometry, quality components and over all lightweight create confidence in both boys.

As a avid cyclist, I wanted to share the fun of mountain biking with my children. I struggled to find a kids bike that weighted less than mine! Before we purchased the Pineridge we were starting to customize stock kids bikes to make them lighter and more trail worthy. The Pineridge 24 solves this problem with out braking the bank. If your child loves to ride this is a great option!

© Copyright 2018 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.