Specialized Hotrock 24 7-Speed Boys Kids

OVERALL
Strength:

The best bike for kids 7-10 in that price range, period. I prefer the 7 speed to the 21 because it’s enough to deal with for most kids. The gripshift works perfectly and this bike even has a little chain roller to keep your ride smooth and quiet. It’s really equipped with quality components similar to an adult size mtb. I also like the fact you can fit a bottle cage ( not included ) on the frame: Rare on a 24 wheel size!

Only thing I can think of is that it comes stock with a seat post clamp that isn’t adjustable on the fly so you’ll have to get one of these right away! Also the side stand was extra ($15) well worth it to keep things organized in the garage. I have had plenty of other bikes of the same size and I believe this Hotrock 24 7-speed is the best bang for the buck.

[May 30, 2005]
Howard

OVERALL
Strength:

Lightweight aluminum frame, front suspension, and good quality components. The brake levers are kid-sized and the twist grip shifters are easy to use. Low standover height. The gold/black paint scheme looks great.

Overall, a great beginner bike. Small frame size with 24" wheels provides the best combination for my 9-year old son.