Transition Bikes BottleRocket Freeride Full Suspension

We classify the BottleRocket as the original slopestyle bike that set the standard for a new generation of bikes. Knowing not everyone has access to a slopestyle park we designed the BottleRocket to be one of the best do it all short travel freeride bikes around...

[Sep 28, 2018]
jebnutemeno

OVERALL
Strength:

great geometry, so playful and fun

dont know any :)

2009
[Aug 14, 2013]
gage king

OVERALL
Strength:

fast light and rockin bike schools jumps best bike i ever rode

no weakness

get it :):):):):):):):):)

[Jul 01, 2011]
matt

OVERALL
Strength:

this bike kills it with the rest of them i cant belive how you can throw this thing from flis to flip whips to varials man incredible got to get one very fun too ride very similar to my mob with a shock

i could not find one i smashed this bike hard in some crazy ditches from flip whips the shock fely weird from a hard tail but hits a killa coma a bit heavy but thats good when you getthe feel of it easy to flow tricks on if you now what i mean it predictable

killa combo ready to poach any thing you could through at and not as gay feeling as a full downhill rig. hold on i mean. it aint no downhiller harpoons freedo. it just alot more nimble alot more quick a full heavy bike always rides the candle stick..... freeride all the way

black markt mob (with a shock) if you can feel that

[Mar 01, 2011]
BrF

OVERALL
Strength:

Everything

nothing,maybe the weight

Very nice short-travel/Slopestyle Bike,You can use it for everything!!

[Feb 18, 2011]
flyart0

OVERALL
Strength:

Strong and fast

Paint chips easy (not a big deal just sucks)

This bike is very nice it can take anything, I ride with a lot of DH riders and I have no problems keeping up or leading. I like the way it feels on jumps very stable and maneuverable, I would say the bike has improved my riding and made it that much more fun. Very fast off the start and keeps its speed also it handles turns very good and that seems to be where I loose people the most.
With the xfusion rear shock i can lock out my suspension and i have no problem riding back to the top of the trails.

Pretty much i would say if you are looking for a bike that can ride DH do FR and still be able to get back to the top of the trail with out much effort then this is a good bike.

big hit blk mrkt cannondale vp free

[Dec 03, 2010]
flyingwalrus

OVERALL
Strength:

Flickable, jumps very well, lands like a bike with more travel than it has, climbs well, rides downhill fairly well.

A bit heavy. Single pivot can get overwhelmed in rocks or roots at speed.

The bottlerocket builds up on the heavy side, mine's about 37lb, but rides light--my BR serves as my main trail/all mountain bike and climbs pretty well. I also guinea-pig bigger jumps, ride downhill and FR, and hit the occasional rhythm set on it. This is honestly the best bike I've ever owned. Low maintenance, just rides well, and I've been incredibly impressed with its capability as a trail bike.

reign x, sx trail, sx, mongoose black diamond, coiler

[Oct 18, 2010]
alex55

OVERALL
Strength:

Stiff, strong, can handle anything, easy to work on. 1.5" headtube,

paint chips and scratches a little too easily but not to bad. Dont let that fact discourage you from buying this bike.

This bike is fantastic. I weigh 220 pounds and I dont notice any flex what so ever. It feels like it has way more than 5.5 inches of travel. I ride this everywhere from pretty technical downhill with rock gardens, drops, and jumps to taking it to the dirt jumps. Its not great on super tight dirt jumps but overall, it handles dj's pretty well. Also, rock gardens are a little harsh on it but the bottlerocket gets the job done. Besides ridiculous rock gardens, this bike can handle just about anything. I was worried at first that it wouldn't have enough travel but now that i've been riding it for 3 months or so, the suspension feels bottomless. The guys I worked with through email at transition were really helpful and I'd gladly work with them again if I have any problems with the bike or if I want another.

Kona Coiler. Specialized SX trail. Scott Voltage 10. Kona Stinky. Cove STD.

[Oct 04, 2010]
_Brandon_

OVERALL
Strength:

It definitely felt like a 7 inch bike, very nimble, pedaled great, it loved to go fast.

I broke at the headtube. The rear end had lots of flex side to side. Not happy with the costumer service. They dint make anything right even though I broke 2 of their frames at the headtube. Its a good bike for trail riding but nothing else.

I know I will never own a Transition again. Both bike felt good while they lasted but they break to easy.

Haro x-1, haro x-3, Santa Cruz bullit, >>>>>>>Transition Gran Mal(broke headtube)<<<<<<<<

[Aug 14, 2009]
c-lame

OVERALL
Strength:

Geometry, strength.

None so far

Very solid bike, rides like a BMX bike with great suspension. Have done several downhill runs this summer on it and could not believe how well it handled with only 5.5" travel. Steering is precise and the back end soaks up everything nicely. Did notice that the derailure cable was sawing through my top tube very badly, make sure and wrap the cable or protect the frame with something. Very good handling, fun bike to ride everywhere.

DirtBag

[Dec 22, 2008]
s-killed

OVERALL
Strength:

everything from the head tube down to the swing arm!

Super reliable! It pushes me in every direction. I can ride trails on my bottle rocket the same as i can on my 9" travel bike and not slow me down! And in the same set-up you can ride dirt jumps easily, corners great and my personal favorite is that its more balanced than any other bike Ive ridden. I dont care who you are or what your riding style is, the "Bottle Rocket" is the perfect bike for anybody!

x-1,bullit,vp-free,steelhead,gran mal

© Copyright 2018 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.