Rocky Mountain Switch S1 Freeride Full Suspension

• Pedals: Wellgo Big Flats

[Mar 15, 2019]
lew420

OVERALL
Strength:

This bike is a beast love all of it

Nowhere to put a sandwich

[Apr 14, 2011]
Jonathan

OVERALL
Strength:

It's realible and very sturdy and strong. Great set up. Provides a lot of travel and a smooth ride

Head length is a tad weird and I can't always adapt my parts from my trek to it.

Great bike for most things

2009 trek 4 series

[Apr 25, 2010]
chris666 m/

OVERALL
Strength:

runs pretty good, i do more cross country than i do downhill and it can do both.

ive snapped 2 derailleur hangers both before long weekends which sucked even more, the last time it happened i only went of a curb and i almost went for a bail when it happened, the first time was off a picnic table. other than that i've had no problems

its a damn good bike, downhills really well and i can do cross country on it despite it weighing over 40 lbs. a lot of fun to ride as well...and it looks bad ass

[Aug 16, 2007]
Andrew Mahony

OVERALL
Strength:

Strong, beautiful frame, light for it's capabilities, great suspension action - better DH / freeride bike than previous bike (mongoose black diamond) even though it has 40 odd mm less travel in the rear, decent wheel set (mavic), very responsive and manouverable (better than RMX in my opinion for this reason)and just great fun to ride. Have even done 15+ klm trail rides on demanding, technical(FUN) trails with ease.

If I had to be picky - Fox vanilla does allow a bit of bob - but I believe in ACTIVE suspension - why lock it out etc. (plan to upgrade to DHX AIR when I've got the dosh!) Part spec was a bit lacking but I bought old model for nearly half original retail so can't complain.

Great, fun bike for the aggressive trail rider / freerider who may even have a go at the DH racing scene. Love the frame - great looking bike thats different and not punched out of the chinese cookie cutters. Vaue rating based on RRP. For my price it was a smokin deal!

Rocky Mtn RMX, Mongoose Black Diamond, Da Bomb Moab

[Feb 14, 2006]
JT

OVERALL
Strength:

tough and solid, great build, minions are great performing tires, the wellgos are a nice "grippy" pedal

adjustment on forks would be nice. a little slow on flat sections

full out 'flowy ride, great up or down.
be nice to have even something of a performance adjust on the fork, but a marzocchi shock pump will fit in a hydropack....
if you wanna ride ups and hard downs this is perfect

[Nov 24, 2006]
Switchs1

OVERALL
Strength:

The frame is hand made and super lite. The front end is very lite making wheelies and bunny hops very easy.The brakes stop on a dime and the wheels are really strong

Front fork does not have many adjustments and you need to chance the sliders in the fork to take away the noise. I blew out the fox vainela but the people at fox hooked me up with a new one at no cost.And I don't know if it is just me buut I keep bending my disks.

This is a great bike. Industructable frame with quality conponets. This bike can do it all downhill, freeride, dirt jump, and trail riding. If you are looking for a good freeride and downhill bike this is the bike for you.

scott high octane, specilized big hit 1 & 2, coiler, switch pro, gemini 900 & 600.

[Aug 05, 2005]
Kris

OVERALL
Strength:

Tough, stiff, beautiful welds, RF cranks,Canadian built, geometry The linkage design standing the test of time.For the most part, good part specs!

Drop off fork

This bike is way better then my last one (Norco Fluid). I have become more confident, dropping larger everyday and laughing at old fears. I have riden this bike on single track, it pedals so well and climbs nice for a spring. I know Blue Mtn. is nothing compared to the west, but I had so much fun there on this bike, jumps, drops and downhills where so much fun. There is nothing else that I can say that, this bike is perfect for me, and a free rider in you!
BUY ONE today and treat your self.

I ride it some times like an all mountian, so Norco Fluids, Norco Six, Most Norco Shore Bikes, Speacilized Big Hits, Kona Stinkys

[Jul 26, 2005]
jon waters

OVERALL
Strength:

bike is solid. R.M.B. hand made nuffsaid. Just took it to Northstar.
Soaked up everything the bigger DH bikes were hitting.
Well balanced and flies thru the air. Water bottle holder.

Forks for the price you cannot expect any more. Bike will be wicked with 888's.
although a lot heavier. For downhill you could use better breaks I found myself having to use 2 fingers sometimes for the back.

If your looking for the lighter side of freeride but still able to handle the big stuff this bike does ride uphill and handles really well on the way down no matter what the terrain. If you just take ski lifts and can afford it get a Demo 8.

bighit fsr- nice and chunky, good looking but does'nt ride all mountain as well.

[Jul 27, 2005]
Mark Hudson

OVERALL
Strength:

It is light weight for a freeride/extreme xc bike but is still beefy and very capable of taking anything I can throw at it. The looks and the fact that most people don't have them; I have not seen another on the mountain yet which is always cool.

The S1 comes with some pretty weak components out of the box; Triple Drop-Off, Deore front, lx rear but the way I figure why pay the 3500 for the S3 when the parts are going to break eventually anyway; I'll just replace with Saint and 66 when the time comes and ride hard until it does.

I have been riding the daylights out of this bike since I have had it and I can do anything I want. I have done 13 mile climbs with relative ease and turned around and absolutely screamed down the same 13. I've done Big Bear 4 times and get faster every time down. The bike handles well, peddles efficiently for a freeride bike and goes down like a bat out of hell. I would say for anyone looking to get into freeride or more aggressive xc this a great bike to start with.

Nothing in this class; this is my first forray in the Freeride market.

[Jan 30, 2005]
Jon
Downhiller

OVERALL
Strength:

This is my first freeride bike owned but my second Rocky. They are great bikes in general and always have stood up pretty well to my beatings.The fork is not that bad although it lacks compression adjustments and also only has one coil. The fact that you can stiffen it without taking it in and buying new springs or heavier oil is really nice.

Hayes HFX 9 are not very fun. They are ok in the beginning but then a cap on the caliper comes off and you lose fluid and then you hate them. The fork could have been better at least a junior t)It would be nice to have a little more rear travel

This is a great bike for starting freeriders and intermediates if you are an expert rider go for either the switch s3 or an rmx or just upgrade the switch s1. If taken it off of 13 foot stepdowns, 17 foot doubles, and 8 foot drops and it has performed great. It isnt very heavy either so I can do skinnies and technical shore stuff. The price at the top of this page isnt correct it does not cost 4000. I got mine on a discount, supposedly 15%, and it cost me 1490. This is a great bike backed by a great company. RM for life

Banshee Chapparal, Rocky Mountain Carve

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.