Orange Five Pro Hope Freeride Full Suspension

• S Post: Stick up

[Oct 09, 2005]
GnarlyVulva

OVERALL
Strength:

Stability, handling, simplicity, mud clearance, geometry

Chainsuck, difficult cleaning front mech

I like riding fairly rocky, rooty trails, often wet, and generally technical, and the 5 fits that bill. It is a very efficient climber, stable on the rough downhills, quick on twisty singletrack and fairly low maintenance. It looks and feels like military issue bullet proof, and is perfect for riding in Wales. Altogether not bad, in other words. There does seem to be a fair amount of chainsuck though, but really only when wet and filthy, which might be expected! This is a bike for people like me, who love mountain biking, but who aren't that good at it! In other words, it compliments a mediocre rider like a Subaru Impreza does an average driver, it makes you feel better than you actually are, something I like reminding myself of every time I get my hardtail out!!

Stumpjumper, Mount Vision

[Aug 03, 2005]
NEIL

OVERALL
Strength:

WEIGHT, GEOMETRY, ALL COMPONENTS

NONE SO FAR...

I WAS DEBATING WHETHER TO SPEND THIS MUCH ON A BIKE BUT THOUGHT BOLLOX TO IT AND JUST WENT AND DONE IT. I CANT BELIVE THE DIFFERENCE A DECENT BIKE CAN HAVE ON CLIMBING, DESENDING AND HANDLING. IVE HAD THE BIKE FOR ABOUT 6 MONTHS AND CANT FIND A FAULT WITH IT, THERES ONE LITTLE AREA HARD TO CLEAN BUT THIS IS SOLVED WITH A SUITABLE BRUSH. I GOT THE BIKE WITH THE 'SE UPGRADE' AND NOW I CANT THINK OF ONE PART THAT NEEDS UPGRADING (THE SE UPGRADE COMES WITH ANSWER CARBON BARS BUT I GOT EASTON MONKEY LITE INSTEAD, THOMPSON ELITE SEAT POST AND STEM, HOPE HEADSET AND SEAT CLAMP AND FIZIK GOBI SEAT. ALL THIS ADDS UP TO OVER £300 SO WELL WORTH IT) IVE RIDEN OTHER FS BIKES BUT NEVER FELT AND COMFORTABLE AS I DO RIDING THIS... BUT THATS JUST ME

[May 22, 2005]
David Dowse

OVERALL
Strength:

Same as the other reviewer. Stiff, plush and strong. Great tyre and mud clearance for UK conditions. Simple single pivot low maintenance design. Sharp singletrack handling.

Rear suspension jack up takes getting used too and BB a little too low. Welding is very industrial looking.

Excellent Uk friendly trail bike. Like it loads.

Enduro and FSR

[Jun 23, 2005]
Marcus

OVERALL
Strength:

Looks, weight, made in the UK lots of Hope components.

None so far

This is my first venture into full suspension and disc brakes - why did I not do this long ago?? I get off the bike after a two hour ride and do not feel all shaken and battered like I did with my hardtail.
Only took delivery of the bike five fays ago so have not really thrashed it, but so far everything is smooooooth and the brakes are fantastic. You Hope components really do top this bike off.
Buy this bike if you want to buy British (we get muddy in the winter) and you want to take your biking enjoyment to a new level (it worked for me).
THE ORANGE HAS LANDED!

Specialized, Rocky Mountain

[Apr 29, 2005]
skyboy

OVERALL
Strength:

very strong,light and rigid frameset.opted for the s.e.upgrade the bike now wants for nothing.manitou swinger works no bob at all, i love this bike

rear wheel needs trueing every couple of weeks, apart from that nothing

if you want a light weight trail bike this is it,superb

santa cruz heckler

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.