Norco Shore 2 Freeride Full Suspension

• Proven freeride and Shore trail frame geometry with durable forged BB yoke and 175 mm travel
  • 1 pc design forged link arm
  • ISCG 05 BB mount tabs for chainguide
  • Custom hydroform main frame support tubes

[May 30, 2020]
hayden12

OVERALL
Strength:

The frame 2009 shore 2

The back swing arm on 2008 shore 2 cuz I use to own both 2008 and 2009 norco shore 2

Price Paid:
Purchased:
New
Model Year:
2009
[Oct 07, 2015]
JON

OVERALL
Strength:

Great handling bike, nimble and comfortable in the air, suspension feels bottomless. Short wheelbase feels nimble on tight single track. Strong rear end, have yet to notice any play, even shock bushing is still good. Decent climber with HRIIs and Stans No Tubes, completely changed the dynamic of the bike.

A little heavy, but I gained a little(lot) weight the last few years and still jump and do decent sized drops riding everything in Whistler and Stevens so I wanted a stout bike that would take some abuse.

2002 UBI graduate, bike mechanic of 13 years.

I bought this bike used in almost new condition from a Non-Profit Organization.
Been riding this for the last 2 years. Upgraded to 1x 30x11-40 and I climb almost everything.

High Roller IIs replaced the Kenda Nevegals and livened the bike right up, being a long time STANS user(2003) I opted to NOT run tubes and shaving another 1/2 lb. made even more of a difference. Tubeless just feels better, grips better and is better. Been jumping, dropping and riding fast and riding DH, riding park, I love this bike even more after every ride.

Angle Headset slackened 1.0 degree lowered BB to 13.5"

Eventually the stock 66 broke the threaded part on the cartridge where the lowers bolt up. Marzocchi did me right and threw over a 55RC3 as part of the crash replacement for a couple bones.

I think the only stock part on this bike is the rear shock and the Juicy 5s which feel just fine. If you liked the old Hayes Mags which were about the best thing on the market at one point you will like these. 2 years and running the same pads. Unheard of!!

Despite a previous review on the product the wheelbase is at 1147mm or 45.16" not long by any means.

Took the purple wheelset off and gave to my wife. SHe loves them, I rode them for about a year before building up a set of Hope ProII Evo on Mavic ex721s.

Overall the bike while being a bit heavy is still very rideable and capable on any terrain I have ridden from single track to hard core steep granite it has shined through everything. I will keep this bike as a spare if and when I do go plastic(carbon).

Santa Cruz Bullit, Cove StiffeeFR, Specialized Big Hit Pro(2003), Specialized Enduros,

[Jul 07, 2012]
Matthew

OVERALL
Strength:

Awesome shocks, great handling, brakes extremely well, best.

Non

This bike is awesome it can take on anything you throw at it. I highly recommend it.

[Feb 01, 2012]
norcobikesrock

OVERALL
Strength:

Good solid bike for downhill and even park freeride. Its really light for a full suspension bike :). its a little rear heavy, but i like an aggresive DH stance so thats okay. Its also really nimble in the air.

Avid juicy fives suck balls!!!!! no stopping power at all.....i want my old juicy three's back.
garbage stock pedal -_-

this is a really good bike, i would buy this if you like to ride downhill, but also your local trails.

Rocky Mountain DH, and scotts Gambler

[Aug 25, 2010]
ForkPumper

OVERALL
Strength:

I really enjoyed every thing about the bike im 200lbs 5ft10 and the bike is a medium it is durable and is very maneuverable, Nice tight turns on as well

it can be heavy but other wise i have no complaints

Amazing bike it was a very good investment

Brodie Damian, Kona Stinkey Delux

[Nov 10, 2009]
Anonymous

OVERALL
Strength:

Feel in the air, berms, stand over, pedalability, burly, low weight, shape and colour (I think it looks like a friggin bright green wave - buddies see me comin a mile away and get out of the way), balanced suspension

Ummm, the fork I guess, but not really, I still have tweaking to do.

Ammmmmazing, I've only ridden it a few times, but I've progressed on it tons already. It felt awesome as soon as I got on it. Feels great in the air and very forgiving landing, even front heavy. Pedals amazing - some reviewers said it pedals efficiently... yeah, it really does feel like it weighs 10lbs less. One time the shifter cable broke so I was stuck in the second tallest gear and I still out climbed my buddies. Very huckable and maneuverable, bike likes to be pushed. Some weight weenies think this thing weighs a lot - it does not. Sure my bike is lightened, but its a real FR machine, capable of bombing any DH and it'll ask for more. AND I've heard of ppl making Shore's weigh 31 lbs. Components are awesome (though not all stock). Balanced suspension that works great, if not quite as plush as the Faith. The fork seems to have less than the claimed 170mm travel, don't know if others have had that problem, but it feels good and is super stiff.

02 Rocky Mountain Switch, 05 Giant Faith

[Jun 17, 2006]
Freerider

OVERALL
Strength:

great bike very plush and sturdy.
Proven VPS linkage
Lots of tire clearance
Stable bike but lack nimbleness, probably due to long wheel base.
66VF has lots of tire clearance and low height but internal ajustment is inconvenient and not so effective - for a $3000+ (CDN) bike I would have expected at least external rebound ajustment.

Looong wheelbase makes tight low speed manoeuvre hard work.
Weight - somewhat heavy for an alround freeride bike.
Narrow rims for the intended purpose, wide rims keep low pressure tire more stable.
Low riser bar (almost flat) needed to be changed rightaway.
The SRAM X7 drive train shifts well but the rear derailleur is weak and the linkage will bend making some of the smallest gears unavailable until filing of the derailleur outside link.

With the granny gear, telescopic post and efficient VPS likages the bike climbs well for a 45 pounds bike and descent very well particularely when the speed gets up. Nimbleness is not its strenght but it handles everything else. I bought the bike relying on my experience on other norcos and expected the good folks working their to do their homework and in general looking at the bike I think thay did a good job, the bike look awsome the components are pretty good for the money except rims and bar but the bike feels abit slow on tight stuff and I'm a bit desapointed there.
Hard to figureout who they are targetting with the bike - it looks like a great freeride bike (single crown fork, granny gear) but the wheelbase is longer that their DH frame?!

other VPS norco (A-line, fluid, six), Specialized big hit, Kona stinky

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.