Mongoose Black Diamond Triple Freeride Full Suspension

• Front Brake Avid Juicy 7 hydraulic w/8" rotors

[May 01, 2019]
Thunderchild

OVERALL
Strength:

Not the lightest bike in the world but seems one of the most sturdy. I'm a plus plus size rider and the Mongoose instills confidence because of the build quality and robust design. Mine had Marzocchi Monster T Forks on it which suffer in some reviews but for me, this bike is one of the best I've owned and I doubt I'll ever sell it.

Only weight would be a problem for some, for me though, being of a fuller figure, it's neither here nor there unless climbing hills.

Price Paid:
Purchased:
Used
Model Year:
2002
[Apr 28, 2011]
smokinspokes

OVERALL
Strength:

Versatility, dimensions, weight, and strength make for an excellent ride.

NONE.

This is a fantastic bike, and I am extremely happy with it all around. Ive adjusted the travel in such a way that I experience little pedal bob, but the landings are smooth and controlled. Rocks and roots? Bring it! In corners, it tracks so well that I feel like im on rails. I am able to put so much trust in this bike that I have gone from a somewhat reserved rider, to the guy who rides like hes being chased by a pack of pit bulls.

[Mar 07, 2009]
caciara

OVERALL
Strength:

quality parts, lightweight for travel and intented use, freedrive system work all time when pedaling, no bobbing, good-excellent manovrability from singletrack to freeride abuse to downhill. again surprise me after two years!!!!

non so far

buy it.save your money. for the price you can try a black secret diamond... surprised me and my friends!!

[Feb 20, 2009]
Rabbid-mongoose

OVERALL
Strength:

Downhill racing, cross country rides. Extreme rocky sections, tight banked turns, good fighting weight. This bike descends very predictably, and it climbs just as well in the middle ring as the bottom.

None so far.

This bike is a great bike if you can only have one bike and need it to do everything. It pedals very well, especially for a 40 pound bike. I use mine to race DH, trail ride, some urban, big droppin, and even big flat drops. This bike has taken a beating, and required only regular maintenance. I even have the stock Singletrack rims on it, still works awesome!

Ironhorse Sunday, Trek Session 88

[Jul 08, 2007]
Lucus

OVERALL
Strength:

Everything?
well equipped, inexpensive, adjustable in every way you want it to be.

SL1 had to be sent back to Zoch, and DHX sucked in. Also bent one of the main pivot bolts.

Pretty awesome for what I paid. Handles well, corners well, does mostly everything well. Point and go.

Demo, Enduro, Jamis thingy.... SC bullit, all the fun stuff kinda.

[Jun 21, 2007]
Todd Everitt

OVERALL
Strength:

Suspension design and components are top notch on the 2007 model. This bike is the sh**.

Had to send the 66 SL1 in for warranty, but now is AWESOME.
I had to replace the crankset with a double ring unit to make the climbing easier, thus had to add front derailler and shifter.

I read all the reviews on this model and was a little skepticle. The main reason for the purchase was the weight of the bike, 9 lbs lighter than my Norco. The component spec is top notch. Nothing but the best here. The only thing that sucked was the fork and the lack of the double front ring. After the upgrade, I went and road Mr. Toads in Lake Tahoe. This bike climbs outstanding. Accelerates with ease and rolls over the rocks no problem. As for the DH side of the ride, all I can say is WOW. I havene't even got the suspension dialed and was way faster than my Norco. I love this bike. The price is right, the weight is right, and the bike is right.

2005 Norco Atomik w/ 66rc.

[Nov 11, 2006]
Axel Rødningen

OVERALL
Strength:

I love the Bike. I have the 06'mod. It have only quality parts. the rock shox boxxer ride is soooo smooth, u can adjust it so much. I love the freedrive, it helps me a lot when i'm pedaling

not so much. My fork dind't have full travel in the beginning, just around 120mm out of 178mm. so it took me around a week to get the replacements. it was only 120mm because it had too much fluid. and the I broke somthing inside.

I bought this bike for around 1,5month ago. It's so smuth riding the small tracks, like we have hear in norway, justlike the uk tracks. the fork is so plush, just right for me, absorbing everything that comes in the way. and the dhx 4 shock also is whery smooth. I where looking for a bike, then I saw: transition dirtbag, norco A-line, Ironhorse (ironhores) yackuza DH. and moore. this bike is GOOOOOD

demo9, stinky, stinky dee-lux, norco team DH. mongoose EC-D.

[Sep 25, 2006]
christopher

OVERALL
Strength:

From top to bottom its xlnt,very user friendly. Straight away I felt sure & balanced, confident thru the air. You have to almost try to losse traction in fast corners. The adjustalbe front forks make setup fast & simple,(travel & compresion on the fly).The sram shifters are instantanious.

cable placement, gear cable gets pinched on full right lock. a little slow on acceleration.

I spent a year searching & testing before deciding on the blackdiamond triple. If your after a bike to open up your adrenalin glands, save yourself the hassle & time, buy it now.

This is my first big drop bike

[Jun 22, 2005]
alex

OVERALL
Strength:

insane DH race bike that has an effective and plush use of travel and equiped with wicked parts. Is light and pedals like a gem.

a bit to high for someone under 5,8"

the bike will suit those who want a DH race bike and don't want to break the bank. As compared to kona, it absolutley leaves their bikes for dead especailly the stab which kona claims is a DH bike.

Kona Stab, Stinky dee-lux

[May 10, 2005]
Chris harrington

OVERALL
Strength:

Its all strong especially the front Rockshox boxxers when u hit a jump its like flying over the moon ( if u know how it feels :s)

The few pivot points can need replacing after alot of use and brake pads and disks need to be cleaned well after long periods of time

This is a strong sturdy well made bike and is gud for anyone starting downhill or dirt jumping and looking to continue far on this bike.

Specialised big hit, trek session 7

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.