Iron Horse Yakuza Aniki Freeride Full Suspension

• FR frame

[Oct 23, 2018]
jorgemorenof

OVERALL
Strength:

Front and rear Shocks are bad. The frame geometry and strength are great. The frame is pretty heavy but is indestructible.

Heavy frame, terrible front and rear shocks.

Price Paid:
Model Year:
2016
[Aug 29, 2016]
Aaron wojcik

OVERALL
Strength:

It has nice frame rims and tires. The brakes work great.

Suspension is too soft changed rear to a fox shox and front to a 40 float fox shox. Shifters are vulnerable and get broken easily.

For a cheaper bike it works great and no,major parts broken.

[Oct 07, 2014]
Dmitri

OVERALL
Strength:

Very strong frame. Fat tires! Heavy frame is plus fro downhill!

Rear shock is a lame.

I can ride it very fast over stones. I changed ols shock for rear shock RockShox VIVID 2R. I also changed brakes for 204mm Shimano XT brakes. So my bike is a rock bike.

I am very happy with the bike. It is a pity Iron Horse stopped to make good bikes in 2008.

[Sep 23, 2014]
Jeff the downhiller

OVERALL
Strength:

The price..I guess, i did like the wide bars

The rear shock was pretty bad it would bottom out with just a 3 foot drop and I weight 195, the front shock was terrible so I put bombers on it and it does better. The weight is bad I think it weights about 48 lbs.

But if your a beginner at downhill and wanting a rush cause this bike will give it to you by all of the surprises the bike has.

[Nov 15, 2011]
tdog

OVERALL
Strength:

very strong frame. like the rotors dosnt have a bad power drive

fork, rear shox

can take the big hits
way worth the moneyhas great quailty
just upgrade shoxs

[Mar 16, 2011]
MICHO

OVERALL
Strength:

I love the components on this bike it handles pretty good and have a good position on it.

rear shock is very weak I change it 2 times on the warranty before buying a marzocchi rocco world cup.

The best bike to buy under 1400$.

Kona stinky

[Apr 04, 2010]
witchdr77

OVERALL
Strength:

Simple... single pivot system. Good BB clearance, suprisingly nimble on the switchbacks and climbs.

HEAVY!!! WAY HEAVY. But what can you expect from a (now) older sub $1k Freeride frame?

Yes, like all other reviews... its heavy.It's been 3 years since I've run on a soft tail. and for $180 I could do worst.My complete assembly ran my $610. for a $610 bike not bad. it soaks up everything, drive over roots, rocks , and logs like a Jeep! I hopped on my Hardtail to do some XC, I guess hauling that extra weight avg. speed 11 mph up hill and flat single track helped... my hard tail I just flew through trails with out much effort!An on the Down hills with the Aniki WOO HOO! FUN FUN FUN!I give this thing 4 chili's becouse for a $600 rig I couldn't really do that much better.With this thing i can Freeride, Alll MTN.an even lug a lil' XC too.

Jamis Parker 1 ( also.. Heavy. Aniki-41 lbs, Parker- 38.25 lbs).

[Jan 09, 2010]
Anonymous

OVERALL
Strength:

Awesome Downhill frame. Super smooth, even at 20+ mph through ruts and stuff. Its a beast, its heavywhich is great for dh). Fat tires-26x2.65. strong frame, seems to be indestructable! feels like a cady at 35+ miles per hr.

Spinner Ammo forks suck

Great intro to downhill. I bought it stocked and in almost new condition. This bike can and will take a beating. I've nicknamed it "The Beast" Value rate as stocked. But over all its amazing bike with a lot of potential.

Diamondback Mission 1

[Nov 11, 2009]
whistle tree

OVERALL
Strength:

Solid frame, fun geometry, awesome to you get started and great potential build.

Heavy (makes you a stronger rider ;]), stock components aren't so great.

Replace parts as needed. I smashed the Spinner within 2 weeks off a 5' drop (landed well). Replaced the rear sus. changing eye to eye giving 7" rear travel, also voiding warranty. Ended up with a solid, nimble FR/DH shredsled that took serious abuse and begged for more!
Value rating low because of stock components.

not much riding time on other FS bikes...

[Aug 22, 2009]
yeahyeahtruckee

OVERALL
Strength:

great dh frame. taken some big hits. heavy(good for dh). fat tires-26x2.65.

the stock forks which are the spinner ammo 1 SUCK. i bottomed out on a 2 foot drop with them. rear deraulier isnt very good. no chain guide. no piggyback on rear shock.

great downhill frame but you need to spend a little extra money for some key parts. needs new forks and a rear shock. needs a chain guide and possibly a new deraulier. i would recommend the stock bike to any beginner and the frame to any downhiller.

08 big hit millhouse

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.